iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 23, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #5,656 of 14,583
Maybe when You are charging on computer while playing there are Happening mysterious multitudes 😉
The player could be detected as USB source player that means that only the Digital battery will drain (or not Charge). Only maybe.
Yep, I assume the same although I changed the DX300 USB-setting to charging

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #5,657 of 14,583
I've had mine (MKII) in factory leather case burning-in for about 20 hours now non-stop, Mango OS, low gain, 20%, while charging off wall, both batteries 100% and barely any perceptible heat.

Also, quick question, am I right in assuming double tap feature (with February firmware update) only concerns Android, not Mango OS?

Apr 23, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #5,658 of 14,583
I've had mine (MKII) in factory leather case burning-in for about 20 hours now non-stop, Mango OS, low gain, 20%, while charging off wall, both batteries 100% and barely any perceptible heat.

Also, quick question, am I right in assuming double tap feature (with February firmware update) only concerns Android, not Mango OS?
That is correct, most of the convenience features are androids OS only. The MangoOS is a very simplistic OS that primarily focused onto sound performances only. I was told that it is based on Linux and it isn’t related to Android in anyways. This MangoOS is another feature that makes Ibasso stand out when compared to the others, except Sony

Apr 23, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #5,659 of 14,583
That is correct, most of the convenience features are androids OS only. The MangoOS is a very simplistic OS that primarily focused onto sound performances only. I was told that it is based on Linux and it isn’t related to Android in anyways. This MangoOS is another feature that makes Ibasso stand out when compared to the others, except Sony
Thanks pal! I suspected so, as firmware updates apparently are only for Android, but thought Mango might also have that feature. Mango OS will likely be my go-to OS, as most of my music is locally stored and I think yourself and others have reported it has the best-sounding player of all.

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #5,661 of 14,583
I have used DX160 2020 as a dac/amp for my desktop pc but I've been bothered by the popping sound it makes whenever I turn music on or off (like say a youtube video) while using sensitive iems. Would anyone know if DX300 has the same issue?

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #5,662 of 14,583
Hi, i like to address some issues with the iBasso DX300.

1. the analog battery is draining out first when listening to music.
After 4h of playtime, the analog battery is empty while the digital battery is at 60-70% and the DAP is getting real hot after 1-2 hours of playtime (ca. 40 degree Celsius)

2. when i charge the DX300, the digital battery is charging first, no simultaneously charging of both batteries. (This is fixed now: after i have restart the DAP (for the first time) to Mango OS and back to android, now both batteries are charging simultaneously).

I have read here on the forum that you guys reach 14h playtime and your devices are not getting hot at all.

My setup: Tidal streaming service, Fiio FH7 IEM (111db, 16 Ohm) with 4,4mm balanced jack on low gain, volume level at 50%.

I have sent the device back at audiophonics where i bought it and they put the device to a test. They claimed that they got 12h playtime on Mango OS with 66%A and 85 %D charge left. They used some cheap single ended IEM for the test with a volume level of 80%.

After i have read their message i was shocked because i was convinced that the DAP is faulty.

I am speechless an i have no answers for now.
I dont know how they got so much playtime.
I can trust only my experience.

Could it be the case that before i sent them the device, i have done a factory reset and therefore the DAP is running now how it should be.

What do you guys think?

Ps. DAP has over 300h playtime.
Mmm, my DX300 is performing well, it is cool to touch after a few hours of streaming from Amazon. I was so scared when I learned it would not be delivered by end of March,but it is finally here and is well. Here is my screen shot I just took. The difference between digital and analog is about 6% after 3 hours and it would last for 15 hours so I think there is something wrong about your unit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-140613.png
    Screenshot_20210423-140613.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5,664 of 14,583
How do you go into recovery mode on the dx300? .I was playing music in mango OS , all of a sudden the device just shut down . No way to turn it back on . Battery was over 75%
Press the pot wheel for about 10 secs for reset. Could it have been that timer was on (I seem to remember timer setting was on on mine when I got it from supplier)?

Apr 23, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #5,665 of 14,583
Press the pot wheel for about 10 secs for reset. Could it have been that timer was on (I seem to remember timer setting was on on mine when I got it from supplier)?
Well it’s strange because I had just turned it on to play some music , 2 mins into the music then it’s gone off . I’ve just done the 10 seconds press on the wheel and that didn’t help .

Apr 23, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #5,669 of 14,583
Do you guys know if there's a size (or file number) limit on a subfolder of the folder Music in the internal storage for MTP (obviously, within the Internal storage capacity constraints)? No such thing mentioned on the user manual.
I don't think there is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back