iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 8, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #5,281 of 14,573
It gravitates toward that direction aka it is more neutral than MKI. However, the Max is still very different in signatures.

I would say that the MKI is warmer than Dx160 where as the MKII is just about as neutral but with better energies and with better finesses. I feel like Ibasso house sound is back with MkII, at least from the view of what I have known the Dx160 for, which was already warmer than the typical Dx220-200.

If sound signatures is put aside, at least the layering and separations are an improvements in my opinions over the MKI. Both is still with that tube like transients, but a different kind of tubes. Let’s just say MKII is Mullard NOS back in WWI era where the MKI is Mullard renewed and current productions tubes :wink: EL34 as an example
Talk about Mullard tube models aside (as I have never listened to tube-amps with such), I think I'll prefer the new more neutral sound signature. I certainly dig better separation and greater soundstage. But thanks for your trouble and meticulous explanation :relaxed:

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #5,282 of 14,573
Is there another new amp module in the pipeline other than the MKII?

Apr 8, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #5,284 of 14,573
My DX300 is broken. Keeps crashing with online and offline content. Both Android and Mango OS. I have written to my local distributor. Will see how they can manage it.
Have you done a factory reset? You can also go into the Recovery mode by having the DX300 off, hold down and hold the forward button and then plug it into a charger.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 8, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #5,287 of 14,573
I have made factory reset twice. Did not help. When i am in Recovery mode what option i have to choose and with which button do i make the changes?
This is concerning, I am thinking of cancelling my pre-order. It has been several weeks since the pre-order and the new shipment has faulty units, exchanging units seem almost like impossible when the stock is non-existence.

Apr 8, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #5,288 of 14,573
yes! The MKI is very tube like, and the MkII is also tube like , just not as much :). Why prefer one when you can have both !!!
Refer to above ! Lol
Didn't realize it was available as a standalone, been quite swamped with work so out of touch with what's happening...

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #5,289 of 14,573
Didn't realize it was available as a standalone, been quite swamped with work so out of touch with what's happening...
Me neither, I just emailed Paul and asked if I could purchase it, and I was given a green light. So I went right ahead, and I am very happy that I did

Ibasso and customer relations is as excellent as always

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 6:52 PM Post #5,290 of 14,573
DX300 does an amazing job for PCM, crazy good with NOS.

It's only weakness is for now DSD, lacks warmth and depth. Anyways not my unit and quick impression.

Compared with M8, I wish I had M8 and DX300 screen, UI.

I'll wait for the amp module, maybe they will add to what I feel missing for DSD.
But for PCM, DX300, for me is on the same level as P6 and HM1000.

Apr 8, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #5,292 of 14,573
This is concerning, I am thinking of cancelling my pre-order. It has been several weeks since the pre-order and the new shipment has faulty units, exchanging units seem almost like impossible when the stock is non-existence.
Don't base your cancellation on 1 or even 2 people who are having a bad time. Not to diminish their experience, but for every DX300 in this thread that has had a problem, there are a much larger number that have had no problems. From what I have read, most owners are very satisfied with the unit. I am one of them. I would wager the satisfaction rate is in the 90s.

Apr 8, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #5,293 of 14,573
Don't base your cancellation on 1 or even 2 people who are having a bad time. Not to diminish their experience, but for every DX300 in this thread that has had a problem, there are a much larger number that have had no problems. From what I have read, most owners are very satisfied with the unit. I am one of them. I would wager the satisfaction rate is in the 90s.
Would be more than 90s , just simply based on the typical reactions that when people have good players/services, they don’t talk or post about it as they expected it to perform. However, when it doesn’t, then they will talk about it

10 satisfied customers will create 0 feedbacks. But only 1 unsatisfied customer will create 10 bad feedbacks 😣

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:13 AM Post #5,294 of 14,573
If anyone is interesred in possibly exchanging their Amp 11 Mk1 for an incoming Amp 11 Mk2 let me know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back