iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #4,591 of 14,591
Do you really think that they are neutral? :) The midrange, yes but the bass and the treble is a slight tasteful U. In any case, you won't get a significant (if any) signature change for D9200 just by changing the cable. I just grabbed what is available on amazon and the sound is perfect with D9200.

https://www.amazon.de/Balanced-Compatible-AH-D7200-AH-D7100-Headphones/dp/B07MC5ZLTH/

What "works for you" is apparently still worse than what is Hifi for other providers. Tidal, shamefully, names and sells worse quality audio as if it is the standart quality and pushes people towards their MQA. In addition, I saw this today on Shanling website, for their new player:

So, every single time a player is released, it has to be re-certificated by MQA (taxed), and every time that certification cost is reflected to the consumer, although that consumer may not be using MQA. That is not the case with a normal HiRes or DSD file. It is such a dirty scam.

Only if the DAP manufacturer wants to include MQA as a supportable feature. If not they will not include it.

The same can be said for a number of other things in life. For example buying a car with Apple car play included in the manufacturers entertainment system.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #4,592 of 14,591
And what is the problem with that???

Because not only you are paying for it, but I am also paying although I have nothing to do with MQA. And not just that, I am paying it for no reason at all. For what? Because someone prefers to pay a service that cheats by providing worse quality "hifi" services, forcing its users to go for MQA - whereas it is possible to buy the same quality audio files elsewhere.

Anyway, we are not on the same page here and I don't have the energy to waste on MQA anymore.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #4,594 of 14,591
MQA uses it own interpolations and algorithms during the upsampling accordingly to the Mastered release right ? So you may want to enjoy it with NOS, instead than upsampling with Aul converter ?
Question for me, or? :) In theory, a software doing full decompression and implementing the same interpolation and filtering algorithms might produce the same result. Maybe this is what the non-MQA-DAC players are doing?

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #4,595 of 14,591
Question for me, or? :) In theory, a software doing full decompression and implementing the same interpolation and filtering algorithms might produce the same result. Maybe this is what the non-MQA-DAC players are doing?
That is what they are doing, and it is a question and a suggestion ? I think people who loves upsampled format would love to use MQA and NOS ?

I just love my 192Khz whenever I can lol

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #4,596 of 14,591
whoaa.. the thread move fast...

Just want to add...
20210302_202044.jpg
20210302_202033.jpg
20210302_202028.jpg

and give a better image to understand the case.

And another thing, no more worry of the DAP slip off when on position up side down...
LoL...

if you don't mind for a silicon case, then leather... this is very good...

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #4,597 of 14,591
That is what they are doing, and it is a question and a suggestion ? I think people who loves upsampled format would love to use MQA and NOS ?

I just love my 192Khz whenever I can lol
I don't think I need to put myself into the MQA prison just for that and every single time check if the software or device I am using supports full decompression, and if not get stuck with a less-than-CD-quality audio, whereas with standart PCM FLAC, especially with high resolution ones, I just have the freedom of choice what to do about it. Also for high end DACs, DSD oversampling is what might really make the difference, anyway...

One thing I love about Chord products is that they simply ignore even the existence of MQA.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #4,598 of 14,591
Because not only you are paying for it, but I am also paying although I have nothing to do with MQA. And not just that, I am paying it for no reason at all. For what? Because someone prefers to pay a service that cheats by providing worse quality "hifi" services, forcing its users to go for MQA - whereas it is possible to buy the same quality audio files elsewhere.

Anyway, we are not on the same page here and I don't have the energy to waste on MQA anymore.

How are you paying for it????

Mar 2, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #4,600 of 14,591
I dont know why @Whitigir scated @SMOoth Operator SACD ripping is jot that complicated process i rip kine to 2-channek tracks with a pioneer BDP-170.
The only laborious process is finding an used device on eBay and finding the script files thqt go into the USB stick that geta plugged into the bluray player

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #4,601 of 14,591
whoaa.. the thread move fast...

Just want to add...

and give a better image to understand the case.

And another thing, no more worry of the DAP slip off when on position up side down...
LoL...

if you don't mind for a silicon case, then leather... this is very good...
They must have updated the leather case , mines tighter than OJ's glove ,it aight coming out.

Mar 3, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #4,602 of 14,591
They must have updated the leather case , mines tighter than OJ's glove ,it aight coming out.
Sad though that Ibasso hasn't yet come up with some replacement offers for the old buyers, even some TPU case coupon would be a nice customer measure..

Mar 3, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #4,603 of 14,591
Tried listening to this DAP at a store today with a pair of Sennheiser HD800S, using Youtube since the store's music they had on micro SD was generic test music. No sound would come out at all. If I randomly moved the volume up and down it'd suddenly kick in for a second before disappearing again.

Is this a known issue with this DAP, is it a Youtube issue, or something else? The Youtube video was also constantly stalling them speeding up, though this could be due to a bad Wifi connection, no way of knowing since I couldn't listen :/

FWIW, this was my second time testing this DAP and previously I was using several high-end headphones with zero issue using Youtube, and the HD800s I was using today worked completely fine on a Sony WM1Z as well as this other DAC/AMP combo they had, so I don't imagine its the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back