iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #4,577 of 14,577
Hello, I need a balanced cable for my dx300, it would be for a denon adh 9200, some recommendation, since they are neutral headphones, some cable that enhances the low frequencies.

regards
Imho the tuning of DX300 will enhance low frequencies enough themselves so that a neutral headphone like Denon Ah D9200 matches nicely with it.
I had used a self-made balanced copper 4x 63-Core OCC with it.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4,578 of 14,577
Imho the tuning of DX300 will enhance low frequencies enough themselves so that a neutral headphone like Denon Ah D9200 matches nicely with it.
I had used a self-made balanced copper 4x 63-Core OCC with it.
That would be what I think, but what if he wants to get even more low end from 300+D9200 specifically ?

Try anything with good Litz Copper, or pm your favorite cable maker. At least they should be able to provide some rough details about why, and how, which cables did they aim to achieve for which goals.

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #4,579 of 14,577
I posted why earlier, but basically I had a ton of problems with it, battery problems, charger problems, software problems. I purchased it along side an SE200 and M8 and the DX300 sound paled in comparison. Maybe I had a defective unit, but there were enough problems that I was not willing to try a replacement.
I thought you said you returned it two weeks ago

Mar 1, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #4,581 of 14,577
Hello, I need a balanced cable for my dx300, it would be for a denon adh 9200, some recommendation, since they are neutral headphones, some cable that enhances the low frequencies.

regards
Forzaaudioworks copper 20AWG version

Mar 1, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #4,582 of 14,577
Seems like they are made for each other 😂
IMG_20210301_220127.jpg

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #4,583 of 14,577

regards
Do you really think that they are neutral? :) The midrange, yes but the bass and the treble is a slight tasteful U. In any case, you won't get a significant (if any) signature change for D9200 just by changing the cable. I just grabbed what is available on amazon and the sound is perfect with D9200.

https://www.amazon.de/Balanced-Compatible-AH-D7200-AH-D7100-Headphones/dp/B07MC5ZLTH/

So in essence we are in agreement. MQA enabled stream sounds better than HiFi. Works for me :)

What "works for you" is apparently still worse than what is Hifi for other providers. Tidal, shamefully, names and sells worse quality audio as if it is the standart quality and pushes people towards their MQA. In addition, I saw this today on Shanling website, for their new player:

1614671660943.png

So, every single time a player is released, it has to be re-certificated by MQA (taxed), and every time that certification cost is reflected to the consumer, although that consumer may not be using MQA. That is not the case with a normal HiRes or DSD file. It is such a dirty scam.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #4,584 of 14,577
Do you really think that they are neutral? :) The midrange, yes but the bass and the treble is a slight tasteful U. In any case, you won't get a significant (if any) signature change for D9200 just by changing the cable. I just grabbed what is available on amazon and the sound is perfect with D9200.

https://www.amazon.de/Balanced-Compatible-AH-D7200-AH-D7100-Headphones/dp/B07MC5ZLTH/

What "works for you" is apparently still worse than what is Hifi for other providers. Tidal, shamefully, names and sells worse quality audio as if it is the standart quality and pushes people towards their MQA. In addition, I saw this today on Shanling website, for their new player:

1614671660943.png

So, every single time a player is released, it has to be re-certificated by MQA (taxed), and every time that certification cost is reflected to the consumer, although that consumer may not be using MQA. That is not the case with a normal HiRes or DSD file. It is such a dirty scam.
If shanling want to add it not a problem,your not buying anything from Tidal or any other streaming service be it audio or video and if you really like something why not just buy it in the format you like.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #4,585 of 14,577
If shanling want to add it not a problem,your not buying anything from Tidal or any other streaming service be it audio or video and if you really like something why not just buy it in the format you like.
You don’t get it ? MQA is patented, and if you want to have it featured, you have to pay for it in order to feature it on your devices.

You are not buying anything from Tidal, but you are buying from the DAP makers. Do you honestly think the DAP makers pay out of their pockets ? They paid it first and then passed down to you. So in the end of the chain, you are the one who is paying for MQA

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #4,586 of 14,577
Just something about the DX300: Fortunately I have a very stable device and software stability so far is rock solid. As said before, I liked the DX300 and Solitaire P so much that I took out the BX2+ for a minimal setup. It is just awesome! I have listened to this piece so many times and I cannot mention how good the detail, layering and separation comes out of the pairing. DX300 also makes up for the lean upper mids.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #4,588 of 14,577
20210302_192411.jpg20210302_193229.jpg20210302_193235.jpg

At last my Silicon case arrived.. I choosed the smokey color.. based on my exp on the clear became yellowish....

really perfect fit..
the physical button become a bit hard to press, which is fine for me...

edit... I buy the additional Dust plug... somehow I liked this, and find quite useful....

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #4,589 of 14,577
You don’t get it ? MQA is patented, and if you want to have it featured, you have to pay for it in order to feature it on your devices.

You are not buying anything from Tidal, but you are buying from the DAP makers. Do you honestly think the DAP makers pay out of their pockets ? They paid it first and then passed down to you. So in the end of the chain, you are the one who is paying for MQA

And what is the problem with that???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back