iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 1, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #4,547 of 14,577
Could anyone explain how I set up a parametric lcdi4 eq on the dx300. I don't seem to be able to figure it out!
I've not done my EQ for the i3 yet but I'll use the tone boosters add on for UAPP when I do. There is a post with the correct settings in one of the Audeze threads and on their site.

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #4,548 of 14,577
Mar 1, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #4,550 of 14,577
And please make a picture of the resulting stack, guess from the dimensions it will be topping even Vinces' DX Max & C9 stack 😜
Though I have to admit I d love to try the same C9 stack actually...

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #4,551 of 14,577
And please make a picture of the resulting stack, guess from the dimensions it will be topping even Vinces' DX Max & C9 stack 😜
Though I have to admit I d love to try the same C9 stack actually...
Lol!!! Dream on :wink:. Stop excusing yourself from your desire! Resistance is futile !!!

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #4,554 of 14,577
It doesn't matter... If you can't hear it yourself it doesn't matter what any reviewer says.

I only just saw this. Apologies.

Oh ok I see what you mean. I thought you meant to do a review with results to show other people in the community as my original message referenced YouTube reviewer.

I have already done this for myself - And the MQA version sounds way better. More detail, clarity.

Streamed on M8 DAP using tidal and Gold Planar GL2000 balanced cable - Hanz Zimmer - The Lion King Circle of Life MQA version AND HiFi Version.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #4,555 of 14,577
IMO, the Dx300 is the Dx160 on steroids, and with tubes transients/decays to it in the while reaching for more details with smoothness
It not only has the similar signature to the Dx160, but by literally taken it on steroid. It has many of those traits enhances. For example, deep sub bass is very pronounced, thick density is everywhere, together with Class A amplifications for the warmth, super smooth trebles with splashy extensions. If previously trebles splashes were not satisfying for Dx160 user, they can find it to be very satisfying with great fidelity and textures.

Soundstage is taken further in all axis, which were already spherical enough for Dx160, except it had a little more width than depth, instead the Dx300 has it all equally expansive.

Those who found Dx160 a little warmth, they will find Dx300 warmer due to the amp11 being discrete class A. Those who found the Dx160 fairly neutral, they will find Dx300 to be musical with great bass performances.

Synergies is a little picky with Dx300. I recommend neutral gears

I can’t think of any reasons for Dx160 lovers to not be head over heel with Dx300. However, for Dx200-220 lovers, I think personally the Dx300 is taking a different path than the tuning of details, neutral and airiness of the Dx200-220. The Dx220Max will be the best for those who love Dx200 series

This brought me a question, will Ibasso have something else in store ? Diversity in tuning and sound signatures perhaps ?

Anyways, due to the unique signatures on the DX300, you may find the bass being bloated here and there as burn in going on. It takes at least 250 hours for it to steadily settled down. It does not transform Dx300 into Dx220 Max in sound signatures, but it will definitely refined the signatures of the Dx300, such as soft textures will become tighten, Bass energy and body will be more controlled, hence more airiness and imagings ...etc

By testing Line Out on the Dx300, there are more neutral signatures than phones out. This indicates that the DAC implementations is rather neutral, but with the typical Cirrus traits such as thick upper mid, meaty low ends and vivid cymbal splashes. That means different amp modules will definitely open other windows for different sound signatures . I can totally confirm that the Cayin C9 as an amp, the design of different Class AB vs Class A has different signatures to it.

There are more to look forward to on the Dx300

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #4,556 of 14,577
I have already done this for myself - And the MQA version sounds way better
Are you sure you listened to the same track with only different encodings and not different mastering versions? The link I provided contains tracks different only by encodings.
using tidal
They sell MQA. What do you expect from them?

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #4,557 of 14,577
Are you sure you listened to the same track with only different encodings and not different mastering versions? The link I provided contains tracks different only by encodings.

Agreed! Those bastards (producers) always try to sneak in different mastering versions and that further adds worms in the can LOL!!

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #4,558 of 14,577

I think your missing the point

My only interest is can I hear a difference in streamed quality from MQA to non MQA versions of the same track. And yes I can.

I have no practical use for doing A/B tests locally of files on the DAP with MQA or NON MQA versions because I only use MQA for online streaming because of the benefits it brings (streamed sound quality and associated file size)

For anything local I use FLAC or in Tidal terms "HiFi"

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #4,559 of 14,577
IMO, the Dx300 is the Dx160 on steroids, and with tubes transients/decays to it in the while reaching for more details with smoothness
It not only has the similar signature to the Dx160, but by literally taken it on steroid. It has many of those traits enhances. For example, deep sub bass is very pronounced, thick density is everywhere, together with Class A amplifications for the warmth, super smooth trebles with splashy extensions. If previously trebles splashes were not satisfying for Dx160 user, they can find it to be very satisfying with great fidelity and textures.

Soundstage is taken further in all axis, which were already spherical enough for Dx160, except it had a little more width than depth, instead the Dx300 has it all equally expansive.

Those who found Dx160 a little warmth, they will find Dx300 warmer due to the amp11 being discrete class A. Those who found the Dx160 fairly neutral, they will find Dx300 to be musical with great bass performances.

Synergies is a little picky with Dx300. I recommend neutral gears

I can’t think of any reasons for Dx160 lovers to not be head over heel with Dx300. However, for Dx200-220 lovers, I think personally the Dx300 is taking a different path than the tuning of details, neutral and airiness of the Dx200-220. The Dx220Max will be the best for those who love Dx200 series

This brought me a question, will Ibasso have something else in store ? Diversity in tuning and sound signatures perhaps ?

Anyways, due to the unique signatures on the DX300, you may find the bass being bloated here and there as burn in going on. It takes at least 250 hours for it to steadily settled down. It does not transform Dx300 into Dx220 Max in sound signatures, but it will definitely refined the signatures of the Dx300, such as soft textures will become tighten, Bass energy and body will be more controlled, hence more airiness and imagings ...etc

By testing Line Out on the Dx300, there are more neutral signatures than phones out. This indicates that the DAC implementations is rather neutral, but with the typical Cirrus traits such as thick upper mid, meaty low ends and vivid cymbal splashes. That means different amp modules will definitely open other windows for different sound signatures . I can totally confirm that the Cayin C9 as an amp, the design of different Class AB vs Class A has different signatures to it.

There are more to look forward to on the Dx300
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, very informative! May i know what changes you noticed from DX300 alone compared to DX300 and C9 stack? I’m still waiting for mine to settle more, only have about 150 hours, glad to hear it can still get better.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #4,560 of 14,577
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, very informative! May i know what changes you noticed from DX300 alone compared to DX300 and C9 stack? I’m still waiting for mine to settle more, only have about 150 hours, glad to hear it can still get better.

What headphones are you using?

The short answer is that if you're using MOST iems (but apparently not all) the C9 is a vast, dramatic, amazing improvement - and same thing for certain headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back