iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 17, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #4,111 of 14,577
The DX300 sounds fantastic while connected to the portable SRM D-10 amp and L700 MkII Stax headphones!

The details, layering, transients and low end all wrapped in an euphoric package. :beyersmile:

20210217_215132.jpg

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #4,114 of 14,577
If they are both charging from one power supply, but are different units with different charges, it is certain that one won't overcharge while the other is still charging?
Each battery is controlled independently. Once a battery is charged, it is then trickle charged so they are both charged correctly. This is something that was an issue for multiple battery attempts in the past but new chips work very well now. Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 17, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #4,116 of 14,577
Speaking of batteries, does anyone notice a significant battery drain when the player is not being used (power on, screen off, no music playing)? Mine drains about 20% per day when I don't use it, even after I upgraded to the latest firmware and did a full reset.

Not a huge deal but still, wondering if my unit is faulty or if this is common behavior? Or maybe there are settings to minimize this?

Thanks

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #4,117 of 14,577
If they are both charging from one power supply, but are different units with different charges, it is certain that one won't overcharge while the other is still charging?
No idea as all my knowledge of electrical engineering has been beaten to a pulp.. But you may want to find a decent power supply. I use my old One plus 7T charger or USB c from my computer to charge my DX300. The psu requirement is outlined in the quick start guide as well. I think there were several psu recommendations listed through this thread. I hope that helps.

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #4,119 of 14,577
Each battery is controlled independently. Once a battery is charged, it is then trickle charged so they are both charged correctly. This is something that was an issue for multiple battery attempts in the past but new chips work very well now. Enjoy the Music!
Thank you for the clarification Paul! @ipaddy what he said ^

Feb 17, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #4,121 of 14,577
Speaking of batteries, does anyone notice a significant battery drain when the player is not being used (power on, screen off, no music playing)? Mine drains about 20% per day when I don't use it, even after I upgraded to the latest firmware and did a full reset.

Not a huge deal but still, wondering if my unit is faulty or if this is common behavior? Or maybe there are settings to minimize this?

Thanks
Mine does this sometimes. I was concerned but then I plug it in and in a few minutes it is fully charged so I don't really care any longer. I would prefer it at 80% anyway as the battery if not in use, lasts much longer at 80%. The 2020 Supra, which is mostly BMW, uses the BMW battery and it is set to not charge above 80% for longevity. I was really concerned at first and even Toyota didn't have an answer and many BMW dealers didn't know then I called a BMW deals in Sacramento CA and they were well informed and gave me all the info. Anyway for the DX300, all is good with the battery and I get excellent play time, even with headphones like the SR2 or the Utopia. Oh and the sound isn't half bad. lol

Feb 17, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #4,123 of 14,577
Well over 400 hours now. The refinement and clarity (transparency) to the sound is noticeable.

Received a TPU case today from Amazon. It said crystal clear but it is smoke colored but clear smoke. Looks fine and works very well. Used the socket plugs as well. It has a wrist strap and so one but I have no idea where those would hook up to and wouldn't use them anyway. Case is a very good fit just wish they had left a slot for the SD card but it does cover it so it keeps any dust out, though I have never in years had an issue with dust in an SD slot so more of a non issue, IMO. Good fit.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #4,124 of 14,577
So I got my dx300 this past weekend, totally psyched when I opened the package and then turned it on, and then blown away by how it sounded. However, within one hour of casual, normal use, I began hearing something that was "loose" inside the unit. Sounded like a little screw that would move around when you turned or moved the unit around. was definitely falling whatever way you moved the dap. Anybody hear of this, or have any idea what it could be? The thing is, everything still works fine. Absolutely nothing appears to be wrong, performance-wise. Weird huh? Just trying to figure out what to do.....

Did you fix this issue? I'm having the same thing now. Sounds like a loose screw inside my DX300...

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #4,125 of 14,577
I kinda like this Digital Filter #2 in Mango OS Mode on High Gain with the LCD-X. The music sounds Hella intoxicating and enjoyable to listen to Rock, Jazz, R&B, Reggae, Classical, and Hip Hop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back