iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 10, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #1,606 of 14,593
More Jannie photos as per request~

Jeannie is cute, she got style 🙂 she is welcome to pass by the dx300 thread and say hello to her fans!

very nice when i read that .... i'm happy not to be alone in the world.
when I tell my friends about it ... it costs me another round of beer to calm me down :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile:

I hear ya buddy lets have that beer 😛🤠

Don’t know if she is, but I am asking myself whether the dx300 is going to be a raising star here in head-fi ?

Oh no not without Jeannie!

the sad retro sexism on display here makes me shudder whenever I open this forum to catch up on DX300 news

I am sorry but wat?
We are showing respect and appreciation here for Jeannie and dx300. We are mostly man here so yea we show interest for women. And it is nice to see a pretty girl showing interest for audio gear as again this hobby seems to be more practiced by man then woman...

So I would kindly ask please let us appreciate the ibasso and Jeannie
Thank you and have a nice day.

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #1,607 of 14,593
FAQ from Musin, the official iBasso distributor in Japan.

Google translate (Therefore there are mistranslation and misuse word.)

《Q1: Is a case included? 》 Comes with a blue leather case. Whether the body color is blue or black, it comes with the same blue one.
《Q2: Please give me information about the amp card that will come out in the future》 Looking at the material, the direction of the additional amp card of DX300 is not to raise or lower the sound quality, but to change the tone as if it was changed to another DAP. It seems to be important. However, it seems that nothing has been decided yet.
《Q3: Why is it so big? 》 I heard that it became this size when I tried to realize what I wanted to do. I also heard that the size of the liquid crystal was decided after the size of the board was decided first.
<< Q4: Please tell me about the charging method and the required time >> Both batteries of DX300 can be charged only by supplying power to the USB-Type C connector. In addition, it takes about 2.5 hours to fully charge the battery during quick charging. Is it about +30 minutes to 1 hour if it is not a quick charge?
《Q5: Please tell us about the size and weight. Do you have any plans for other colors? 》 Body size: 162 x 77 x 12 (mm) Weight: 300g. There are currently no plans for additional colors. However, we cannot promise that the future will be decided by the manufacturer.

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #1,608 of 14,593
FAQ from Musin, the official iBasso distributor in Japan.

Google translate (Therefore there are mistranslation and misuse word.)

《Q1: Is a case included? 》 Comes with a blue leather case. Whether the body color is blue or black, it comes with the same blue one.
《Q2: Please give me information about the amp card that will come out in the future》 Looking at the material, the direction of the additional
amp card of DX300 is not to raise or lower the sound quality, but to change the tone as if it was changed to another DAP. It seems to be important. However, it seems that nothing has been decided yet.
《Q3: Why is it so big? 》 I heard that it became this size when I tried to realize what I wanted to do. I also heard that the size of the liquid crystal was decided after the size of the board was decided first.
<< Q4: Please tell me about the charging method and the required time >> Both batteries of DX300 can be charged only by supplying power to the USB-Type C connector. In addition, it takes about 2.5 hours to fully charge the battery during quick charging. Is it about +30 minutes to 1 hour if it is not a quick charge?
《Q5: Please tell us about the size and weight. Do you have any plans for other colors? 》 Body size: 162 x 77 x 12 (mm) Weight: 300g. There are currently no plans for additional colors. However, we cannot promise that the future will be decided by the manufacturer.
Thanks for this post !! Changing tone is the main motivation for amp card for sure !!!
The Dx300 Dynamic range is at 125dB!!! That is nice!!

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #1,610 of 14,593
Any reason the AMP module system of DX220 and dx200 wasn't used here?
I would say mainly the different board sizes, and together with the Separated Power supplies between Main DAC and Amp modules in the while using one charger. From a few floating pictures, I see that the layout of the Supplies and the signals are swapped around as well

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #1,611 of 14,593
What is the biggest difference expected between the multiple batteries for the seperate MAX amp module versus the single battery for the separate Dx300 amp module?

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,612 of 14,593
The DX300 is just starting to roll out. Some shipments have been made and like any new product, it can take a little time to arrive.
Any reason the AMP module system of DX220 and dx200 wasn't used here?
There is the different shape of the DX300 and as Vince mentions, there is a different platform with the two battery system. There are too many variables to work with and we did not want to compromise.

The DX300 is just starting to roll out and hopefully will be at many distributors soon. You can always contact the distributor located in your country with contact information on our Where to Buy at www.ibasso.com for availability.

Regarding Jannie, she works in our office with the domestic sales team. She enjoys taking the images with product and this is done by her primarily for the market here in China. She enjoys her work and hopefully her enthusiasm shows through as enjoyment of the music and what we do here.

Above all, Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #1,613 of 14,593
What is the biggest difference expected between the multiple batteries for the seperate MAX amp module versus the single battery for the separate Dx300 amp module?
The Max has a bigger voltage swing as to be expected.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 10, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #1,614 of 14,593
Oh from an end-user point of view, I imagine it means influence on sound as approaching maximum volume.

I doubt I'll even need the high gain.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #1,616 of 14,593
Oh from an end-user point of view, I imagine it means influence on sound as approaching maximum volume.

I doubt I'll even need the high gain.
Max has 4 batteries packs (Amp alone, there is 1 for DAC, so 5 in total) dedicated toward the 4 rails of positive and negative for 2 channels. Max power supply is a very direct and highly capable. It is supplied with a direct 8.3V from the batteries feeding directly into the amp itself, where the typical devices would go through another conversion to get higher voltages

Reading into the Dx300, the 300 amp power supplies is from 2000mAh - 3.8V battery pack. So that is one battery instead of 5 total like the MAX, it is 2 in total. Also the battery is 3.8V compare to 8.3V from MAX

So yes, the amplification stage is more powerful and dedicated than Dx300. However, I do believe that Dx300 as a core platform do have better independent power supplies implemented. Max has one DAC batteries that was designed as an all in one for Dx220. It is that this power is not used to supply the AMPMAX, instead the AMPMAX is using it own. The Dx300 was designed with a dedicated DAC power supply alone and then AMP Supply alone

If the question arise why not mimic a full blown amp and supply like MAX ? I would think that the sizes is limited . The DX300 is in a sense a miniaturized MAX. How would it perform in comparison ? We don’t know. Sound performances is the matter in the end and preferences / synergies are king in this hobby.

I am excited for Dx300 just because thinking of a Dual power supply that mimic MAX in a Portable form was Unexpected and also Modular Amp was Unexpected. Both are such a good surprises !!!!!

Finally, if you love Ibasso for the customer services, the products, Paul, and the performances...may be also Jeannie , the Dx300 will be a good buy in a sense of showing support and that we will still have “better products in the future” to keep enjoying.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #1,617 of 14,593
I understand that because of the new design and power supply differences, the amp module system of DX220 and dx200 cannot be used.

Still this shift is not helpful to us who are already invested in the existing amp module system. Each amp module cost $250 which is significant amount of money.

I've AMP 4,AMP 4s,Amp 8-EX FE and eyeing AMP 9.

Not able to use those with Dx300 will exclude people like us. Or we might have to invest more money in the new player with its new amps. Not friendly to the wallet :)

A risk that ibasso has taken given the new design and separate power supply architecture.

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #1,618 of 14,593
I understand that because of the new design and power supply differences, the amp module system of DX220 and dx200 cannot be used.

Still this shift is not helpful to us who are already invested in the existing amp module system. Each amp module cost $250 which is significant amount of money.

Not able to use those with Dx300 will exclude people like us. Or we might have to invest more money in the new player with its new amps. Not friendly to the wallet :)

A risk that ibasso has taken given the new design and separate power supply architecture.

Not related to iBasso in particular but all DAPs in general - earnestly awaiting those trade-in programs like they have for phones. :)

Jan 10, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #1,619 of 14,593
Not related to iBasso in particular but all DAPs in general - earnestly awaiting those trade-in programs like they have for phones. :)
If Luxury brands started it first then others would follow for sure, starting with A&K. I think for the portion of their MSRP, the trade in program is already a built in.

Jan 10, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,620 of 14,593

It was already explained, dx300 is a new platform and using the older amps was a downgrade in sound quality....

Are you saying lets make dx300 sound worse for the sake of cause we want to use older amps? No thanks for me.

And hence those amp modules are as old as the dx200 dude its time to move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• wiko
Back