iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 17, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #8,341 of 14,592
If you want it in brown, you can still buy it on AliExpress.
Where is it? :spy: I have been looking for it but can't find...
I have found the C-2020 model, but it is different and I don't like.

Do you have the link for the C-2019 model available?

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #8,342 of 14,592
I think the Caseling hard cases you can find on Amazon.com are actually better. They are not expensive either.

@gLer can you pls post the link to the case you're using?

Edit: never mind, I found it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MDT6DXB?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&tag=headfi-20

And a link to how @gLer uses it :
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/emp...merly-earwerkz.786335/page-1987#post-16381028

I'm not sure if this particular model will fit the DX300, but there are a bunch of different models and sizes.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #8,343 of 14,592
hi Guys & @Paul - iBasso

Recently I experience quite unusual charging pattern, the Amplifier Battery only charge max 99%. and it will stay like that although the Digital battery alrd 100 %.
the green light still on, and I let it be for 2-3 hours, still the same, 99% A 100%D. So I just unplugged it. This already happened for 3 - 4 times, random.
Same charger, and time to charge... same pattern... The device is turn off when charging.

There's no difference when I used it daily, still solid 8 hours, with battery left around 15-20 % between Amplifier and Digital indicator.
This could be intentional, as far as I know, these types of batteries last longer if they are not fully depleted or fully charged for long as it tends to loose capacity and shorten its use life. Smartphones slow down their charging once pass the 90 percent and they do not fully even charge to 100 even though software will tell you otherwise .

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #8,344 of 14,592
Just wanted to share some thoughts on the fabulous AMP12W mod by @Whitigir. I've been using this modded amp for the past week with my Traillii and it really hits the sweet spot for my listening preferences. Compared to the stock AMP12 PO, this modded version tightens up the bass with more focus on sub-bass vs. mid-bass. The mids, especially vocals, are more present while maintaining body and the overall sound opens up creating a wider stage. The treble sounds smooth and airy without any grain. Thanks again to @Whitigir for experimenting and squeezing the maximum sound quality out of our beloved swappable DX300 amps. I'd definitely recommend you give it a try if you can!

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #8,345 of 14,592
I am thinking about purchasing the DX300. I own the DX160 and like the sound of this DAP with my UM Mest MKII. I was curious as to the difference in sound that you guys here think it would be worth it. I am also considering the new Hiby RS6 and maybe the Ibasso DX240 (when it's available). Also does anyone have the DX300 with the UM Mest MKII and listen to metal music? If so, how does it sound becuase I am liking the sound combo with the DX160.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #8,346 of 14,592
I am thinking about purchasing the DX300. I own the DX160 and like the sound of this DAP with my UM Mest MKII. I was curious as to the difference in sound that you guys here think it would be worth it. I am also considering the new Hiby RS6 and maybe the Ibasso DX240 (when it's available). Also does anyone have the DX300 with the UM Mest MKII and listen to metal music? If so, how does it sound becuase I am liking the sound combo with the DX160.
I own the Mest mk 2 and the dx300 with Amp qq mk 2 and Amp 12. The combination with metal is amazing. Super fast and super dynamic. I highly suggest the dx300. The sound is somewhat neutral with a slight bump in bass. It is fast, clear, dynamic, and detailed. It checks all the boxes. The mest mk2 and the dx300 are meant to be together. I also own ie900, Andromeda, and noble k10 and they all are amazing with dx300. If you do get the dx300 go ahead and get the Amp 12. It is worth it.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #8,347 of 14,592
Don't own the UM Mest Mk2, but have listened to the DX300 Amp11.2 with Dunu DK-4001. Bass is fast, clean, punchy, but not thick, mids are slightly too forward for my taste (for metalcore, hardcore, etc.), highs detailed and refined, separation very good, soundstage fairly wide and high, though not holographic. A clear improvement on my Cowon PD2 equalized, which itself, for its size, boasts raw power, very good bass and clean sound. Sometimes mids can get a bit too shouty in these genres, so Amp12, from comments I've read here, might be the way to go for metal music.

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #8,348 of 14,592
Ok thx for your feedback..I’ll look into the amp 2 and the dx300…I have a lot of DAPs and may have to start trying to sell some others

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #8,349 of 14,592
Listening to the new Steve Hackett album on my dx300 balanced out into my Shure 1840 headphones. I am still amazed at the sound quality 9 months into ownership. I have the original amp 11. Am wondering if the upgrade to amp12 will be a huge change. I am very pleased with the output and level. I hardly go over 65 in high gain mode.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #8,350 of 14,592
I am sorry if this question has been answered, I tried searching it as well but couldn't find anything about MQA support on Mango OS. It seems like Mango OS mode does not unfold MQA for now? On Android it will unfold but not on Mango OS? Thank you in advance.

Sep 19, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #8,351 of 14,592
I am sorry if this question has been answered, I tried searching it as well but couldn't find anything about MQA support on Mango OS. It seems like Mango OS mode does not unfold MQA for now? On Android it will unfold but not on Mango OS? Thank you in advance.
Pure Mango is an app by iBasso, it plays music. The android mode has all the other functions and uses other apps as well. They are different in function and use.

Sep 19, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #8,354 of 14,592
Listening to the new Steve Hackett album on my dx300 balanced out into my Shure 1840 headphones. I am still amazed at the sound quality 9 months into ownership. I have the original amp 11. Am wondering if the upgrade to amp12 will be a huge change. I am very pleased with the output and level. I hardly go over 65 in high gain mode.
If ure pleased with the sound, there is no reason to invest in the new amp i think. I wasnt 100% satisfied with the synergy of the amp 11.2 with my iems, thats why i went into new purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back