iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 10, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #1,636 of 14,593
I seriously have challenges understanding some of the concerns brought up with the incompatibility of the previous gen amps with the DX300. Please do not make it sound like Ibasso dropped the ball and made the previous gen amps incompatible even with the previous gen players. Those amps still work great with the DX220 and DX200. You have a choice not to upgrade to the DX300. Just continue to use the players the previous amps are designed to work with. The Dx220 with Amp8, Amp9 and Amp8EX are still at the top of the mid-fi game and I still listen to them even I have now bought newer releases. I am no Ibasso fan boy but the issues brought up here are just beyond me when it gets repetitive.
Actually, in the world of DAPs, IMO, the DX220 with the AMP8, or the AMP9 is a TOTL player, not mid-fi.

If you like sports cars and want to get pissed off, I bought a Supra, after Toyota had none on the market for 20 years, a 2020. Then for the 2021, they improved the suspension and increased the horsepower. I am not really upset but many owners of the 2020 are because Toyota knew they were going to do this and could have done it for the 2020. So people went out and dropped 60 to 65 thousand just to have their car, less than a year later, superseded with the same model that has more HP and better suspension. Now that might be something to get upset about. :^)

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #1,637 of 14,593
You might be okay with it. I'm not for the reasons given earlier. I feel that this shift is being unkind to the customers that have already invested in the existing amp module system.

Not a good trend at all.

It would have been nice to keep the same format, but you gotta agree that 4 plus years of support (hardware and firmware updates), spanning two devices from such a small company, is far better treatment most of us have received from Apple , Intel or Google.

Heck Google doesn't even guarantee security updates on their own phones for more than 3 years. Apple changes charging cables, removes the headphone jack, and they wont even support aptx or ldac in 2021.

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #1,639 of 14,593
Actually, in the world of DAPs, IMO, the DX220 with the AMP8, or the AMP9 is a TOTL player, not mid-fi.

If you like sports cars and want to get pissed off, I bought a Supra, after Toyota had none on the market for 20 years, a 2020. Then for the 2021, they improved the suspension and increased the horsepower. I am not really upset but many owners of the 2020 are because Toyota knew they were going to do this and could have done it for the 2020. So people went out and dropped 60 to 65 thousand just to have their car, less than a year later, superseded with the same model that has more HP and better suspension. Now that might be something to get upset about. :^)

Yes strictly not mid-fi; prob in between mid and TOTL. MAX is TOTL to me. Again TOTL is relative but what I can say is that DX220 with Amp9 and Amp8EX is still extremely capable.

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #1,640 of 14,593
Actually, it's three devices--DX150, DX200, DX220--all using the same amp modules.
Even more if you consider the limited Titanium model.

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #1,641 of 14,593

We don't even have to bring up car examples, *cough* M11 vs M11 Pro *cough* :wink:

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #1,642 of 14,593
We don't even have to bring up car examples, *cough* M11 vs M11 Pro *cough* :wink:
Sure, but I guess it does piss me off a little. lol Not for 1000 dollars but for over 60,000, yes.

I ordered and have a DX300 coming. Looking forward to a Midnight Blue, yahoooo. :^)

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #1,644 of 14,593
Put my order in for blue over the weekend direct through iBasso website. Was it ever mentioned when they plan to start shipping to customers?
The coming week I believe.

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #1,645 of 14,593
The M11 was mediocre, the M11 Pro was actually good

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #1,646 of 14,593
I am so proud 😛🐅🐾

Mike just proved my opinion being right ! Haha

Wav files are the best ! Hahaha
There is no reason for flac other than convenience!

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #1,647 of 14,593
I am so proud 😛🐅🐾

But wav doesn’t support artwork Natively though right? What program if any could one add artwork?

Is there an app Anyone could recommend for someone like myself who is a novice?

I’m currently using an android based DAP and WIn10 machine.

I buy a lot of vinyl records, and many of them only give the choice of MP3 or WAV download. I prefer the wav. format for obvious reasons

It irritates me that I can’t display them with artwork tho

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #1,648 of 14,593
But wav doesn’t support artwork Natively though right? What program if any could one add artwork?

Mine works and my tags do as well
For arts I name jpegs with cover.jpg

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #1,649 of 14,593
The M11 was mediocre, the M11 Pro was actually good
hahaha. the price gap really make it sense.. Agree with you about M11 pro. IMO, one of some best fiio dap, aside X5 ...

I am so proud 😛🐅🐾

WAH.. then I change again... OMG... just saying, it depends on recording quality.. even in MP3, I find is enough... IMO

I mod AMP8EX-FE like 2 times already (not to mention other AMP that I had modded)... kinda sad that will not be used in the new DX series line.. but not to the level be annoy by it... since every thing needs to change and evolve.. IMO...
so enjoy what you have..
while wait the stock availability in my country...

Jan 11, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #1,650 of 14,593
I am so proud 😛🐅🐾

I hope this is sarcasm!
In Wave or bu*****t AIFF format i don't have to care about storage on my PC/Laptop, but on my mobile devices.
Show me this Exabyte SD-Card and we talk about uncompressed formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back