iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 10, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #11,926 of 14,577
For Line out purposes, the Dx312 is very desirable with clean and dynamic signature, and can be as good as any desktop DAC. It would be the amp that matters. I wouldn’t have problem using Dx312 as a source toward external amp. The only other DAP that outperforms this DX312 Line out is the N8ii, but it would be personal preferences. Both of them are excellent sources
That is what I am using but I want to know what the difference would be between the dx300 and say the Holo spring 3kte?

Apr 10, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #11,927 of 14,577
I have the DX300 and the RME ADI-2 DAC FS, and although for IEMs both are very good, for headphones the RME is much, much better. And I am not talking about very demanding headphones, but for example with an Ananda or a Fostex TH-610.
I've even tried a HE6se v2 directly on the RME, or with the DX300 plugged into a Violectric amp that's considerably more powerful than the RME, and it sounds better on the RME.
I need to know about dac comparisons. I have a WA22 and a Soloist GT. I'm good on amps.

Apr 10, 2022 at 10:53 AM Post #11,928 of 14,577
I need to know about dac comparisons. I have a WA22 and a Soloist GT. I'm good on amps.
The RME ADI-2 DAC is a DAC, as it's name says. It has about the same power output as the DX300.

Apr 10, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #11,929 of 14,577
That is what I am using but I want to know what the difference would be between the dx300 and say the Holo spring 3kte?
I don’t have holo spring, but I did went through several desktop systems, and currently having TA-ZH1ES, LKS004. Both are modified. However, with all things considered, the main things about DAC is the “Tonal timbres balances”.

Each of them will have different timbres

Each DAC has a different USB interfaces that can effect sound quality, some is more and some is less

Each DAC has it own built and implementations.

But whatever you do, just don’t worry about soundstage or layering etc… they are always packed in that regard, but it depends on how their tonal balances are, they can effect different spectrums and the way the whole picture is portrayed differently

So, IMO, IME, it is all about the tonal balances.

From all of what I know, DAC do not need anything that heavily demanding powerful voltage and supplies. Simply battery packs can and will do better for DAC built, and with all of the DAP recently aiming to be better and better, reaching higher for the sky limits, they have been doing a lot more to the hobby than desktop DAC

Perhaps, in the end, amplifier is where your main considerations will be, as far as desktop system go. Unless you like different technologies and topology, and only want to collect for different signatures, then don’t worry about all of that, just pull your wallet and you get your answers

Apr 10, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #11,930 of 14,577
The RME ADI-2 DAC is a DAC, as it's name says. It has about the same power output as the DX300.
The RME ADi-2 is a dac/amp. Not just a dac . It drives headphones too. I'm talking about only a dac.

Apr 11, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #11,931 of 14,577
I just received DX300 back from RMA which in on version 1.05.343. May I know is there any issue with 1.05.343 on album art? As many of my song in both Android(Mango Player) and MangoOS are unable to display album art.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #11,933 of 14,577
Has anyone tried the 7hz Timeless with the dx300? I ordered them from Amazon, they should be in my hands on wednesday. I dont expect them to beat the IT07 but maybe they arent far quality wise and the planar tuning makes them special?
I have tried them. In fact, I have bought 2 Timeless, one for home and one for my office. They are very very good. It's hard to find a better offer right now than the Timeless, maybe the Shuoer S12 if you like more treble than bass.
For me they are better than the IT07, and better than all IEMs I have tried until now, except for the Mest and the Isabellae.
I recommend you to try them with the Spinfit CP145.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #11,934 of 14,577
I hace tried them. In fact, I HAVE bought 2 Timeless, one for home and one for my office. They are very very good. It's hard to find a better offer right now than the Timeless, maybe the Shuoer S12 if you like more treble than bass.
For me they are better than the IT07, and better than all IEMs I have tried until now, except for the Mest and the Isabellae.
I recommend you to try them with the Spinfit CP145.
WOW, now im very exctited! Thanx. Fortunately i have Spinfits. Will post my impressions asap.

Apr 11, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #11,935 of 14,577
Has anyone tried the 7hz Timeless with the dx300? I ordered them from Amazon, they should be in my hands on wednesday. I dont expect them to beat the IT07 but maybe they arent far quality wise and the planar tuning makes them special?
The Timeless are great with the DX300. Very immersive. They have put my upgrade-itis on hold for a while, especially with amp 12. I had been looking at iems in the $1k range. I bought a second pair of Timeless instead.

Apr 12, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #11,937 of 14,577
Question:

Is there a way to use my dx300 as source for use in my car? I have a 2002 Lexus that does not have any USB or AUX ports. Anyone know a way?

I am about to take a road trip and would like to be able to play my library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back