iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 13, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #7,936 of 14,592
Imho, the tube amp will be just different. It will be difficult for them to improve the quality technically. So i think it will just have different sound sig, probably warmer and thicker. Considering the fact that the amp12 is more on the technical side (somehow a comeback to the iBassos old hous sound, but just better in every aspect), the logical way for them is to go warm again but with all the staging benefits of the amp12. But these are only my insinuations.
That you can have also when you used Amp 12 ,line out and then Oriolus BA 300 S. Superb!!!

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #7,939 of 14,592
What balanced amps would you guys recommend for the dx312? Dont want to spend 1000+ euros. Was thinking about something for around 500e. Thanx in advance!
Maybe the Singxer SA-1?

Aug 13, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #7,941 of 14,592
Got my AMP12 and listened with the Stellia and HD660S for 20min.Burn in is definitely real.After hearing a fellow headfier 200h+ burned in AMP12 for 2 days the sound out of the box is more rough in the mids,more fuzzy in the treble,more dry tonally and instrument separation is not there.As a whole not engaging and dynamic as what i was used to with the same loaned AMP.Time to clock in the hours,this AMP needs time to flesh out that magic,not to be judged at first listen.

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #7,942 of 14,592
What balanced amps would you guys recommend for the dx312? Dont want to spend 1000+ euros. Was thinking about something for around 500e. Thanx in advance!

Maybe the Singxer SA-1?
Yup Singxer SA-1 can be you option. Very precise 3D Imaging pair with DX311Mk1.
Topping A30Pro have synergy with DX311Mk1 for depth imaging.
lessfox BX2plus for portable use. Soundstage and detail layered pairing with DX311Mk1... This is based on my exp.
Using Headphone....

Aug 13, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #7,943 of 14,592
On my IEMs (Solaris 2020) the soundstage is widened and deepened considerably with AMP11 MK2, wonderful decay and attack can be heard in the upper mids. Definitely an upgrade from previous DAPs I've had(SP2K, SE200, M15, Lotoo P6K, LPGT).
Pretty spacious presentation for a portable music player.

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #7,944 of 14,592
On my IEMs (Solaris 2020) the soundstage is widened and deepened considerably with AMP11 MK2, wonderful decay and attack can be heard in the upper mids. Definitely an upgrade from previous DAPs I've had(SP2K, SE200, M15, Lotoo P6K, LPGT).
Pretty spacious presentation for a portable music player.
An upgrade from sp2k and lpgt? Are you sure? :)

Aug 14, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #7,945 of 14,592
Sadly, I have to report that my DX300 stopped working properly after only 4 months of gentle in home use. There are multiple issues that started happening at the same time. I think all of them are related to a single point of failure -- volume/power wheel. The issues are:

- Power Off / Reboot / To Mango dialog box pops up randomly
- Volume wheel changes volume erratically up and down, sometimes does not do anything
- Player randomly goes into endless reboot loop by itself (screen goes dark -> "iBasso Audio" appears -> screen goes dark -> "iBasso Audio" appears, etc.) and gets stuck in the loop for hours
- Screen flickers randomly when I click/press down the volume wheel

I contacted local US dealer I purchased the player from and waiting for reply.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #7,946 of 14,592
Sadly, I have to report that my DX300 stopped worked properly after only 4 months of gentle in home use. There are multiple issues that started happening at the same time. I think all of them are related to a single point of failure -- volume/power wheel. The issues are:

- Power Off / Reboot / To Mango dialog box pops up randomly
- Volume wheel changes volume erratically up and down, sometimes does not do anything
- Player randomly goes into endless reboot loop by itself (screen goes dark screen -> "iBasso Audio" appears -> screen goes dark -> "iBasso Audio" appears, etc.) and gets stuck in the loop for hours
- Screen flickers randomly when I click/press down volume wheel

I contacted local US dealer I purchased the player from and waiting for reply.
Sorry to hear that! You aren't the first person to have issues with the wheel causing issues. I am sure iBasso will make it right. If you purchased it through an authorized dealer, you should be able to contact iBasso directly concerning your issue, should you need to.

Aug 14, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #7,948 of 14,592
Of course he is sure, he has discovered the best dap in the world, I am sure too.... That he is wrong.....

I don't think he is wrong, there's no right or wrong in this hobby. If someone prefer DX300 over other high end DAP it's his opinion, people hear differently

Aug 14, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #7,949 of 14,592
I don't think he is wrong, there's no right or wrong in this hobby. If someone prefer DX300 over other high end DAP it's his opinion, people hear differently
I love the dx300 with the amp12 and would believe that it comes very close to the TOTL daps. But its hard to believe that it sounds on almost same level with the amps11. But maybe he got some very good synergy with his headphones. Anyways, even with the amp12, its hard for me to believe that it can beat sp2k. But thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back