iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #6,692 of 14,567
Hi.
Today I should receive amp12 and I have several questions in case you can solve me.
Have you noticed any sonic differences between the LO and PO outputs apart from the power?
The burning of the amp12 module is necessary to do it to both outputs or to do it to one of them (LO or PO) is it enough?
Regarding amp11 mk1, what sonic differences will I notice?
I had also an ifi micro idsd signature but i think that connect ibasso to ifi destroy the portable concept of the dap. Dx300 with amp11mk1 can drive plannar headphones like anandas, verum perfectly.
I use ifi with xbass with electronic o hard rock music when i want a punchy sound.
I expect an improvememt in bass area with amp12 but ifis xbass effect is really hard to beat.
Greetings.

Jun 22, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #6,695 of 14,567
I did see the $999 price earlier today. I was slow pulling the trigger. Must have been limited quantity
I did see the $999 price earlier today. I was slow pulling the trigger. Must have been limited quantity
Great deal for those who got it. Too bad Ibasso hasn’t had sales like that too if we buy direct. Margin must be really poor at $999 if they have to pay Amazon their fees to. $1,200 is a good value anyways, Ibasso outdid themselves with this player.

I wonder what the future holds for amps, I’m on the fence about the 12, I’d love to audition it but no dealers in my country.

Jun 22, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #6,697 of 14,567
It was only up for around 4 or 5 hours late yesterday afternoon. I bought one for the $1K price and was able to use a ton of Amazon gift cards I've been holding onto waiting for something worthwhile like this to be an enticing deal.
Excellent news and purchase! Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club!!

Dx300 is so engaging with full musical, details that evokes the emotions strongly with Amp12. Sound signatures preferences aside.

I hope you get to enjoy your soon

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #6,698 of 14,567
@Paul - iBasso
What about MQA and DSD support for UAPP? Apparently they (UAPP) are waiting for some answers from you (iBasso), but they do not get them.
For some (like me) the support of this application is very important, since I have in it all my lists and parametric EQ profiles, and it is the only way to use Tidal with EQ.

Jun 22, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #6,699 of 14,567
@Paul - iBasso
What about MQA and DSD support for UAPP? Apparently they (UAPP) are waiting for some answers from you (iBasso), but they do not get them.
For some (like me) the support of this application is very important, since I have in it all my lists and parametric EQ profiles, and it is the only way to use Tidal with EQ.
I'm listening tidal through the uapp like 70% of the time and it sound great. It sounds like most of the apps i tried on Android mode. The best sound you can get from dx300 at the moment is from Mango but on native mode. Everything on Android sounds bit warmer.

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #6,702 of 14,567
@Paul - iBasso
Well, I dont care much about MQA, but DSD, I hope from iBasso side can resolve it...
Yes, I prefer PEQ in UAPP, this is because I alrd get use to it.

I'm listening tidal through the uapp like 70% of the time and it sound great. It sounds like most of the apps i tried on Android mode. The best sound you can get from dx300 at the moment is from Mango but on native mode. Everything on Android sounds bit warmer.
Valid,
I still prefer UAPP for headphone direct listening, because the separation seems more familiar for me. again IMHO.

Jun 22, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #6,703 of 14,567
Well, I dont care much about MQA, but DSD, I hope from iBasso side can resolve it...
Yes, I prefer PEQ in UAPP, this is because I alrd get use to it.

Valid,
I still prefer UAPP for headphone direct listening, because the separation seems more familiar for me. again IMHO.
The information was already sent. Possibly UAPP needs to be contacted again or hasn't got the change ready.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 22, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #6,704 of 14,567
Maybe UAPP is not prepared for the dx300 yet but it detected dacs and works flowlessly. Sounds great too- cant hear any quality differences between UAPP and Mango on Android mode. UAPP sounds maybe bit tighter but its sounded like this on my Pioneer xdp-300r too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back