iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #5,371 of 14,577
Amp11 MKII has LO as much as Amp11, just it isn’t dedicated
What does a dedicated LO port offer that a shared one doesn't?

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #5,372 of 14,577
What does a dedicated LO port offer that a shared one doesn't?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...om-new-firmware-2-6-2021.943221/post-16294408

So as mentioned, Dedicated Line Out is to utilize the best of the DAC and Low Pass Filters, possibly Line buffers in the DAC or the amp modules to be able to maximize the best Signals purity and performances of the system before pairing it with an external amplifiers , and usually this external amplifiers are much higher quality than any amplifier that a portable system can offer from a DAP perspective

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #5,373 of 14,577
Amp11 MKII has LO as much as Amp11, just it isn’t dedicated

Line Out means that it only output the Signals purely right after the DAC Low pass filters and Line buffers. Usually Line Buffers have different voltages output as an options, some is with very low voltage and some is with higher voltage with the typical of balanced to be 4.0V or even higher. This is dedicatedly measured and engineered by the engineering teams to achieve the lowest noise floor and highest dynamic range without clipping....However it does not get any other amplifications done. It means that You will need an external Amplifier in order to use this Line Out features

There are Pseudo Line Out, which also tap into the same Signal chains of the built in amplifiers....However, it isn’t dedicatedly built to achieve the mentioned above goals, and it also go through the same decoupling, coupling circuitry as the amplifiers, which also influences the sound performances.

In practicality, it isn’t easy to be able to tell the differences between pseudo LO vs Dedicated LO, unless you have sensitive and High performances Amplifier, DAC/DAP, Interconnect, Cables, and Earphones
Can you hear the difference? I tend to be a skeptic on everything in audio until I actually hear a difference with my own ears.

Sometimes I convince myself I hear a difference when I actually don't, so I need confirmation and reconfirmation of what I think I am hearing.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #5,374 of 14,577
Can you hear the difference? I tend to be a skeptic on everything in audio until I actually hear a difference with my own ears.
Yes, there are vast differences between a Pseudo Line out, a Headphones Out to be double amplified, and a Dedicated Line Out.

Both the Ibasso Max and the N6ii A02 are offering Dedicated Line Out, with the N6ii A02 having different Low Pass Filters that offers alternative performances as well.

For all that is said , if you can’t tell the differences, then all are meaningless. Though, I refuse to believe that people can not tell the differences

People can always tell the differences, it is just a matter of gears, the better the gears, the more expensive they are, the better they expose the differences. Then there are people who cares a hell lot for the differences, and people who don’t care a hell lot for it. I have tested on my friends and relatives of both wings and can tell that people will always be able to tell the differences

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #5,375 of 14,577
Yes, there are vast differences between a Pseudo Line out, a Headphones Out to be double amplified, and a Dedicated Line Out.

Both the Ibasso Max and the N6ii A02 are offering Dedicated Line Out, with the N6ii A02 having different Low Pass Filters that offers alternative performances as well.

For all that is said , if you can’t tell the differences, then all are meaningless. Though, I refuse to believe that people can not tell the differences

People can always tell the differences, it is just a matter of gears, the better the gears, the more expensive they are, the better they expose the differences. Then there are people who cares a hell lot for the differences, and people who don’t care a hell lot for it. I have tested on my friends and relatives of both wings and can tell that people will always be able to tell the differences
I understand that the module with dedicated LO is about 2 months out for availability.

Apr 13, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #5,377 of 14,577
This MkII is extremely good. Yet while it has a different signatures than Amp8EX and DX220. It actually is also an improvement in technicalities. The sections of lower trebles is with much more defined textures and vivid extensions that are packed with full energies. The synthetic EDM plays and cymbal splashes are very satisfying, the wind and brass instruments are excellent in their own portrait

it is doing that while remaining so clean and clear with the cleanest background compare to MKI , expansive soundstage in Low gain and NOS mode.

The limited Amp8EX while was great for the older flagship, is actually surpassed with this Amp11MKII by textures and resolutions

I don’t want to even think about places or any possibilities to modify this Amp11 MKII anymore. Any changes would be “messy”, it is just perfect “as is”

So if you already have MKI, you would probably feel offended. You shouldn’t be, the idea of being modular is exactly this, to be able to roll your most cherish and enjoyable signatures for yourself with the amp module. Amp11 MKI can no longer be purchased, where as my personal opinion, the MKII is the one that DX300 deserves to be with and heard. However, it is an on going productions. So, if you love Limited edition, nothing is as limited as Amp8EX (dx220) and MKI (dx300)

This new MkII has proven to me that Ibasso has always been pursuing relentlessly for audio performances, and will do everything Ibasso could to bring the most “joys” for the customers. While it isn’t officially listed on the website yet, which I hope @Paul - iBasso will have it listed soon, I have seen a few people to confirm that they could email Paul and place an order, which I did. With the excellent customer service and fast respond time (sometimes too fast that I think Paul is a bot), you as a customer are much more satisfied with Ibasso than any other brands.

The DX300 originally was the most diverse signatures derived away from Ibasso sound signatures that I have known by far. However, with the MkII, I can see that Ibasso is back at the top of the game, yet with a bit of differences such as density (as dense as Dx160 or even denser) while being accurate which is almost spot on in transients, decays, density, and most overall the tonal balances. The Dx300 with MkII is with pumping but satisfying bass quality and quantity that would make you question yourself....Had you been compromised with the previous flagships from other products ? Or is Dx300 and MKII a bassy player ?
For my own opinion, the answer is pretty easy, we had not been able to achieve this level of spot on density, energy, decay, speed as in Live Performances by digital player yet, well....except the DMP Z1 (Also, the Max is great but it speed and decay is still a bit too fast, still is the indisputable champion of dx200 platform). The DX300 and MKII actually open a new path of performances which will aim even higher than what we have known and adored with DX220, and the build quality of SOC, UI, MangoOS, modular amp, are the indicators that the Dx300 is here to stay future proof for at the least another 5 years as a platform. If I do not see any possibilities to tinker with, then I am not sure what more is to expect from Ibasso from here on. However, with their own motto and love for the music performances. I am sure Ibasso will continue to strive for the better.

I have been asked to compare between Dx300 MkII and M8. All I can say is that the latest Chinese DAP are excellent. We may have been forsaken by other big brands and countries such as Japan, EU (which is mainly focused on monitors, phones, and DAC), we are being catered to and spoiled by Chinese brands and their love, pursuing the DAP world, which keeps on improving in different paths. Yes, back to the point that I will say as much as that M8 and Dx300 MKII are both excellent player, with M8 has a better mid and focused upon strings and wood instruments where DX300 and MkII are focused on into upper mid/trebles, the blending of speed, density, energy, hence brass and organic instruments are to crave for with the musicality and fluidity, as much as even EDM and modern pop. Don’t forget the blazing fast UI and the speedy development of Firmwares, the excellent customer services *focused on the performances and beautiful textures/fidelity and not emphasizing*

Thanks for spending your time and reading

The conclusion: Amp11 MKII brought all the attentions from me and adhered it upon the Dx300 alone by itself..... I haven’t been using my C9 and A02 for the last few days as I keep slamming my ears with beautiful tunes and performances of DX300 MKII.
Friend, this is one superlative review/endorsement, if I've ever read one :ksc75smile:

Apr 13, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #5,378 of 14,577
They emailed it to me when I asked them about the specific setup as follows. "The difference is that our FPGA is working in Master mode, and CPU is in slave mode. The M15 FPGA is in slave mode."

I've asks this question a million x and there were literally fights and jokes about my questioning from ibasso fanatical fanboys.

The FPGA in Master mode in theory would bypass Androids default 48-hertz native clocks regardless what format and sampling rates your files are in. The files are converted again once it hits the DAC outputs. That causes noise/jitter issue because of an additional conversion. This is caveat of using Andriod. With Linux or Ios there is no such default sampling rate.

It also takes a workload off since the audio functioning is all pretty much run by the Arm?? FPGA there’s many benefits like no Crosstalk interference and the firmware function much better. More snappier and with better results.

The best analogy of this functionality is if you own and play music files via HQPlayer Pro for PC/Mac when conversions or workload is a lot the program maker recommends using the NVIDIA chip if your computer to offload some of the computer CPU’s cores. NVIDIA chips are GPU and primarily used for video or gaming functionity as its main intent however the software maker made reversed enigeered it to make useful with Audio and his software much like the Chinese Enigeers started using FPGA.

personally, the Dx300 is a great design however, the extra bells and whistles for me isn’t useful. All I care about is the audio quality which I know is top notch on Dx300 but there are a lot great choices these days at a cheaper price that can do an equal, worse or better job than the Dx300.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #5,379 of 14,577
I've asks this question a million x and there were literally fights and jokes about my questioning from ibasso fanatical fanboys.

The FPGA in Master mode in theory would bypass Androids default 48-hertz native clocks regardless what format and sampling rates your files are in. The files are converted again once it hits the DAC outputs. That causes noise/jitter issue because of an additional conversion. This is caveat of using Andriod. With Linux or Ios there is no such default sampling rate.

It also takes a workload off since the audio functioning is all pretty much run by the Arm?? FPGA there’s many benefits like no Crosstalk interference and the firmware function much better. More snappier and with better results.

The best analogy of this functionality is if you own and play music files via HQPlayer Pro for PC/Mac when conversions or workload is a lot the program maker recommends using the NVIDIA chip if your computer to offload some of the computer CPU’s cores. NVIDIA chips are GPU and primarily used for video or gaming functionity as its main intent however the software maker made reversed enigeered it to make useful with Audio and his software much like the Chinese Enigeers started using FPGA.

personally, the Dx300 is a great design however, the extra bells and whistles for me isn’t useful. All I care about is the audio quality which I know is top notch on Dx300 but there are a lot great choices these days at a cheaper price that can do an equal, worse or better job than the Dx300.
Having heard many, I don't find any cheaper that are better. But, it is all a matter of opinion and what you look for in music. I listen to real, live music, and that is my barometer.

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #5,380 of 14,577
This MkII is extremely good. Yet while it has a different signatures than Amp8EX and DX220. It actually is also an improvement in technicalities. The sections of lower trebles is with much more defined textures and vivid extensions that are packed with full energies. The synthetic EDM plays and cymbal splashes are very satisfying, the wind and brass instruments are excellent in their own portrait

it is doing that while remaining so clean and clear with the cleanest background compare to MKI , expansive soundstage in Low gain and NOS mode.

The limited Amp8EX while was great for the older flagship, is actually surpassed with this Amp11MKII by textures and resolutions

I don’t want to even think about places or any possibilities to modify this Amp11 MKII anymore. Any changes would be “messy”, it is just perfect “as is”

So if you already have MKI, you would probably feel offended. You shouldn’t be, the idea of being modular is exactly this, to be able to roll your most cherish and enjoyable signatures for yourself with the amp module. Amp11 MKI can no longer be purchased, where as my personal opinion, the MKII is the one that DX300 deserves to be with and heard. However, it is an on going productions. So, if you love Limited edition, nothing is as limited as Amp8EX (dx220) and MKI (dx300)

This new MkII has proven to me that Ibasso has always been pursuing relentlessly for audio performances, and will do everything Ibasso could to bring the most “joys” for the customers. While it isn’t officially listed on the website yet, which I hope @Paul - iBasso will have it listed soon, I have seen a few people to confirm that they could email Paul and place an order, which I did. With the excellent customer service and fast respond time (sometimes too fast that I think Paul is a bot), you as a customer are much more satisfied with Ibasso than any other brands.

The DX300 originally was the most diverse signatures derived away from Ibasso sound signatures that I have known by far. However, with the MkII, I can see that Ibasso is back at the top of the game, yet with a bit of differences such as density (as dense as Dx160 or even denser) while being accurate which is almost spot on in transients, decays, density, and most overall the tonal balances. The Dx300 with MkII is with pumping but satisfying bass quality and quantity that would make you question yourself....Had you been compromised with the previous flagships from other products ? Or is Dx300 and MKII a bassy player ?
For my own opinion, the answer is pretty easy, we had not been able to achieve this level of spot on density, energy, decay, speed as in Live Performances by digital player yet, well....except the DMP Z1 (Also, the Max is great but it speed and decay is still a bit too fast, still is the indisputable champion of dx200 platform). The DX300 and MKII actually open a new path of performances which will aim even higher than what we have known and adored with DX220, and the build quality of SOC, UI, MangoOS, modular amp, are the indicators that the Dx300 is here to stay future proof for at the least another 5 years as a platform. If I do not see any possibilities to tinker with, then I am not sure what more is to expect from Ibasso from here on. However, with their own motto and love for the music performances. I am sure Ibasso will continue to strive for the better.

I have been asked to compare between Dx300 MkII and M8. All I can say is that the latest Chinese DAP are excellent. We may have been forsaken by other big brands and countries such as Japan, EU (which is mainly focused on monitors, phones, and DAC), we are being catered to and spoiled by Chinese brands and their love, pursuing the DAP world, which keeps on improving in different paths. Yes, back to the point that I will say as much as that M8 and Dx300 MKII are both excellent player, with M8 has a better mid and focused upon strings and wood instruments where DX300 and MkII are focused on into upper mid/trebles, the blending of speed, density, energy, hence brass and organic instruments are to crave for with the musicality and fluidity, as much as even EDM and modern pop. Don’t forget the blazing fast UI and the speedy development of Firmwares, the excellent customer services *focused on the performances and beautiful textures/fidelity and not emphasizing*

Thanks for spending your time and reading

The conclusion: Amp11 MKII brought all the attentions from me and adhered it upon the Dx300 alone by itself..... I haven’t been using my C9 and A02 for the last few days as I keep slamming my ears with beautiful tunes and performances of DX300 MKII.
I think Paul will be getting very busy...

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #5,381 of 14,577
Having heard many, I don't find any cheaper that are better. But, it is all a matter of opinion and what you look for in music. I listen to real, live music, and that is my barometer.
That’s because you won the genetic lottery and have super human ears. Mine are just plain old ones that looks at thousands of circuit designs and know what the industry is STILL using isn’t on par with some of the ibasso high specs. Especially if we talking about old recordings like In the 1950s

The DAC only playbacks back files which is as good as how it was recorded live. If it was recorded live on a crappy sound card from a computer or the sound enigeer messes up the mix during the performance...while you get the idea.

DSPs do improve things but A DAP will not magically make it sound better.

with such a great ear I wonder why so many audiophiles dont just play music. Food for thought.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #5,382 of 14,577
Apr 13, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #5,384 of 14,577
Mine are just plain old ones that looks at thousands of circuit designs and know what the industry is STILL using isn’t on par with some of the ibasso high specs. Especially if we talking about old recordings like In the 1950s
Wow your ears can look and think.

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #5,385 of 14,577
Wow your ears can look and think.
Especially when I’m surfing the web while playing my music file on my Ibasso but only when I’m not using MangoOS because then I can’t :frowning2:

I MUST be able to surf the web and read my head Fi thread, check my email and social media accounts while listening to my music files and with the Dx300 I now can. You pay for what you get; Bells and Whistles :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back