iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 1, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #5,206 of 14,567
Hey guys I don’t know what’s going on but is the line out on the dx300 kind of poor?
I tried line out (3.5mm) for the first time on my 2 channel and couldn’t get appropriate volume. I put it in LO mode but I can’t see anywhere where you can change the voltage. Do I have to change the gain? Even so it doesn’t seem like it’s getting enough power. My kann alpha works beautifully for line out.
Surely I’m missing something here
Change the volume with the wheel , the LO is volume adjustable

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #5,208 of 14,567
I wonder if this is the same issue ibasso is dealing with in the amp and DAP development.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/31/for...ts-in-north-america-due-to-chip-shortage.html

There is a global shortage of semiconductors. Reduced reduction in production due to COVID early 2020 followed by a larger than expected demand in consumer electronics from the second half of the year has effected the whole industry, even beyond consumer electronics (into automotive industry).

Apr 2, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #5,209 of 14,567
So with Amp 11 Mk2 and its lower 2A vs 2.7A on Mk1 - iBasso mentioned the output power remains the same on both but what would the lower 2A current theoretically affect as far as driving 300ohm headphones, for example? Would it affect planar (more demand for high current if I ubderstand correctly?) vs dynamic drivers?

For specific example a ZMF Auteur?

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #5,211 of 14,567
Apr 2, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #5,213 of 14,567
Here is it is another labor of love Review :) It is a long and very detailed write up, covering design, GUI, lots of pair ups and comparisons, etc. But as usual, split into multiple pages and sections, indexed, and ready for your read, if you are interested!

ibasso-dx300-11.jpgibasso-dx300-50.jpg

Apr 2, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #5,215 of 14,567
Theoretically the two amp modules should perform the same with the HD800.
Current delivery is more than sufficient.
Yes, the output of the two amps is the same, nothing changed except for the transistor but that change did not change the effective output of the device. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. We made the amp module MKII only because of the transistor change and wanted to be transparent but may have added confusion. There is no actual change to the power delivery of the module.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 2, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #5,216 of 14,567
So , the fun fact is that people with Tube output stages, will roll tubes to get different sound signatures. Then I have people asking me if swapping transistors on the output stage will or not to effect the sound signatures ?

The answer is yes! But just like tubes, it depends on how much differences in the end result and what signatures a person prefer. I have personally roll transistors in the output and Input stages in a few DIY amplifier, and the biases needed to retweaks, just similar to tubes amps. Some amplifiers can automatically compensate, and some doesn’t.

However, rolling tubes and or transistors, while keeping everything the same, will slightly alternate the sound performances

wink*** time to start collecting your amplifier module now !! Starting with the limited editions Amp11 MKI

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #5,218 of 14,567
The dx300 Amp11 , or stock Amp, does not have Ground connected

So, if you are using the Line out features, you don’t have to pay for a shielded (the right shield or the imitate shield), it would be wasted
so will it be A dedicated LO AMP module for DX300 in TRRS 4.4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back