iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 29, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #5,116 of 14,593
Thanks - I was indeed able to get to recovery mode. Two things about that - 1) There IS an option to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” but there isn’t an option for Wipe Cache and trust me, I know that’s typically a recovery mode option so was a bit surprised to see it missing from choices.
2) Wouldn’t matter anyway unfortunately; you use the volume wheel to move through menu choices and as soon as I rotate the volume wheel, it reboots. Weird. I think it’s a hardware QC issue at this point-I wish it were otherwise but thanks so much for pointing me to this possible fix.
Hi there, I am considering this device too, so useful to hear about problems people experience with the device, thanks. Please let us know how things went with Ibasso Customer Services, if you returned/replaced the unit, etc.

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #5,117 of 14,593
Hi there, I am considering this device too, so useful to hear about problems people experience with the device, thanks. Please let us know how things went with Ibasso Customer Services, if you returned/replaced the unit, etc.
There is a option on every android device to wipe the cache he just don't know how,The Ibasso DX300 is a problem free device since I've owned it,feel free to purchase one if you can afford one.

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #5,118 of 14,593
There is a option on every android device to wipe the cache he just don't know how,The Ibasso DX300 is a problem free device since I've owned it,feel free to purchase one if you can afford one.
Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, I certainly didn't get the impression (having read this thread since the beginning) that the DX300 is problem-riddled. Yet even recent iterations are hardly without some faulty devices, so I'm interesting in finding out how Ibasso Customer Services will deal with it (if it turns out to in fact be a HW problem). You do get faulty devices with even far simpler DAPs that don't have webapp capabilities (e.g. my Cowon PD2) and how the company offers back-up and support is quite an important element in my decision.

Mar 29, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #5,119 of 14,593
If you have local files, and haven't listened to them except in Android - try it in Mango OS.

I'm disgusted at the improvement. Does this mean I have to forsake Tidal.. >.<

Edit: To illustrate how much of an improvement it is - I tend to own whole albums, just given the nature of CDs. There are many albums which I have owned for many years, but I only ever really listened to one or two songs (didn't like the rest of the CD). The improvement is such that I don't mind listening to almost ANY CD because it's such a NEW/enjoyable experience. I never felt this listening to Mango player on Android with the exact same interconnect/amp/headphone cable/headphone.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #5,120 of 14,593
1st week, next month, will be able to audition...

1617035035707.png

@ long last, lols

Mar 29, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #5,121 of 14,593
If you have local files, and haven't listened to them except in Android - try it in Mango OS.

Edit: To illustrate how much of an improvement it is - I tend to own whole albums, just given the nature of CDs. There are many albums which I have owned for many years, but I only ever really listened to one or two songs (didn't like the rest of the CD). The improvement is such that I don't mind listening to almost ANY CD because it's such a NEW/enjoyable experience. I never felt this listening to Mango player on Android with the exact same interconnect/amp/headphone cable/headphone.
Are you playing Tidal natively or via UAPP?

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #5,122 of 14,593

Exactly my opinion as well . Mango OS is a different soundings DAP far superior to the Android OS sound wise regardless of the app used.
I just wish ppl who compere it to r8 or m8 would clarify which OS they used for the comparison...

Mar 29, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #5,123 of 14,593
Thanks for your reply. I agree with you, I certainly didn't get the impression (having read this thread since the beginning) that the DX300 is problem-riddled. Yet even recent iterations are hardly without some faulty devices, so I'm interesting in finding out how Ibasso Customer Services will deal with it (if it turns out to in fact be a HW problem). You do get faulty devices with even far simpler DAPs that don't have webapp capabilities (e.g. my Cowon PD2) and how the company offers back-up and support is quite an important element in my decision.
After describing and sending a video of the issue, the US retailer I bought it from sent a return label and are exchanging it without issue.

While I’m awaiting the replacement, I was wondering whether you guys have some advice... I noticed that when I initially loaded my 100gb media server onto a MicroSD, Mango only successfully pulled album art for about 50% of my artists/album titles. Is there a “best practice” for getting the rest to load or maybe a suggested software program for Win10 to clean up my tags “first” so I don’t run into the same problem next time around?

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #5,129 of 14,593
I didn't know. . . tell me, if you buy the app and install it on my Dap, then just use the tidal through it? can you use offline too? I only use my dap and in ears
You sign into Tidal through UAPP - should be no issues with offline use (unless users have reported any issues with the DX300). There's a massive thread on UAPP on this forum to go dig if you end up with issues :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back