iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 28, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #5,101 of 14,567
I remember a different context (Shanling M0 or so) that some gapless play mode in Tidal could cause popping noises when switching different bit rates because of insufficient cache implementation. Switching off gapless play mode was told to solve it but could be a different story with R6
Well the only settings I changed in Tidal app on the R6 was Master Download and Streaming . There is no gapless mode that I can see in the app.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #5,104 of 14,567
Does anybody have the Sony IER M9 and don't mind commenting on the synergy with DX300? Thanks!

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #5,105 of 14,567
Mar 28, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #5,106 of 14,567
Mar 28, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #5,108 of 14,567
What micro sd card format is best with ibasso daps? Planning on using a 1tb Sandisk card
I use the 1tb and many others. I just use them as they are formatted. Normally Exfat, from what I remember.

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:50 PM Post #5,110 of 14,567
Hi everyone - first post here but just got into the hobby and have been in the process of getting a DAP, IEM, etc.

After reading through this thread, the DX-300 was my final choice based on all of your collective reviews/info. In addition to having a large media server to transfer to microSD, I do a lot of streaming with Tidal Master, YT Music, TuneIn and Berlin Phil Digital Concert Hall (which gets better and better every year)!
Thus, the fast snapdragon, 6gb RAM, speedy UI, and a later version of Droid (than most) was extremely appealing.

I received my DX-300 a few days ago, updated the firmware and have been enjoying it thoroughly... but then all of a sudden, it froze and rebooted into a constant loop where it shows a dark version of the iBasso, which becomes bright for a few moments, and then goes black and starts over?!

If I wait until the logo gets bright, and depress the volume wheel for about 3 secs, I can get it to go to the animated iBasso logo. At that point, the animated blue/white logo will either go dark and then completely go black and it will just reboot again, or maybe 1 out of 10, I can get to the Android OS for up to roughly 60 secs before everything goes black again and reboots.

I’m sure it’s a red herring but I did have Tidal, YT Music and the Digital Concert Hall app downloaded from APKPure but that’s it. Given that, using the small amount of time I had, I went to system, and reset everything.

It got through the reset cycle and to my surprise, successfully reloaded the original firmware (prior to the more recent).

Once there, I simply powered off the system. However, it started to reboot itself again and I’m in the same situation. Reboot loop.

I probably had 30-40 hours of use (I was playing Tune In Radio overnight with the provided balanced burn in cable) but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I guess I’ll call and try to get an exchange but hoping it’s not a hardware short or something and maybe someone knows of a fix?

For the short time I had the unit running, it was amazing!

Thanks!

Mar 28, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #5,111 of 14,567
Hi everyone - first post here but just got into the hobby and have been in the process of getting a DAP, IEM, etc.

After reading through this thread, the DX-300 was my final choice based on all of your collective reviews/info. In addition to having a large media server to transfer to microSD, I do a lot of streaming with Tidal Master, YT Music, TuneIn and Berlin Phil Digital Concert Hall (which gets better and better every year)!
Thus, the fast snapdragon, 6gb RAM, speedy UI, and a later version of Droid (than most) was extremely appealing.

I received my DX-300 a few days ago, updated the firmware and have been enjoying it thoroughly... but then all of a sudden, it froze and rebooted into a constant loop where it shows a dark version of the iBasso, which becomes bright for a few moments, and then goes black and starts over?!

If I wait until the logo gets bright, and depress the volume wheel for about 3 secs, I can get it to go to the animated iBasso logo. At that point, the animated blue/white logo will either go dark and then completely go black and it will just reboot again, or maybe 1 out of 10, I can get to the Android OS for up to roughly 60 secs before everything goes black again and reboots.

I’m sure it’s a red herring but I did have Tidal, YT Music and the Digital Concert Hall app downloaded from APKPure but that’s it. Given that, using the small amount of time I had, I went to system, and reset everything.

It got through the reset cycle and to my surprise, successfully reloaded the original firmware (prior to the more recent).

Once there, I simply powered off the system. However, it started to reboot itself again and I’m in the same situation. Reboot loop.

I probably had 30-40 hours of use (I was playing Tune In Radio overnight with the provided balanced burn in cable) but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I guess I’ll call and try to get an exchange but hoping it’s not a hardware short or something and maybe someone knows of a fix?

Thanks!
Sounds like a software conflict. You reset, maybe try the reset again.

Mar 29, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #5,113 of 14,567
Thanks for the thought but I did — multiple times...it’s endless. 😬
Here is what I have used to go into the recovery mode and wipe the cache etc. (I would wipe the cache). First power off the DX300 and then press the fast forward/next button and then plug the DX300 into a charger while hold the next button down. The recovery mode will come up.

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #5,114 of 14,567
Thanks - I was indeed able to get to recovery mode. Two things about that - 1) There IS an option to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” but there isn’t an option for Wipe Cache and trust me, I know that’s typically a recovery mode option so was a bit surprised to see it missing from choices.
2) Wouldn’t matter anyway unfortunately; you use the volume wheel to move through menu choices and as soon as I rotate the volume wheel, it reboots. Weird. I think it’s a hardware QC issue at this point-I wish it were otherwise but thanks so much for pointing me to this possible fix.

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #5,115 of 14,567

Thanks!
I am in the dilemma in which I should buy, I have both already in the shopping cart, it is up to me to decide, Dx300 or R8 😡😡😡😡😡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back