iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 1, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #3,331 of 14,577
1) I think tidal master is better than cd lossless, if available (and only on the dx300 or other dac which supports full mqa unfold), but tidal cd quality (even on the dx300) is worse than a cd ripped flac. So.. Depending on where you are you can consider qobuz: which has cd ripped flac.

Personally I would recommend tidal.

2) they all should.

3) saved tracks stop working.
Item 3 is the rub. Seemingly, the downloaded music can never be owned by user, necessitating endless subscription fees, which may not pose issue for most.

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #3,332 of 14,577
Hi everyone,

Is there any SQ comparison between Hiby R6 2020& iBasso DX300 in this thread? I cannot find one:sweat: Just curious about their differences.

Feb 1, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #3,334 of 14,577
Hey all, just got my dx300. I installed the play store through apk pure, and tidal through the play store. My hifi / master quality stream settings are greyed out, does anyone know a solution? I'm a dummy. I'm new to tidal and had the student account which only gave me up to high quality. Lol

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #3,335 of 14,577
Feb 1, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #3,336 of 14,577
Hi everyone,

Is there any SQ comparison between Hiby R6 2020& iBasso DX300 in this thread? I cannot find one:sweat: Just curious about their differences.
I had the Hiby R6 2020 for 4 or 5 days before selling it and getting the DX300. This is mostly auditioned with the UM Mest so take it with a grain of salt, but I found the new R6 to be very inoffensive but a bit boring. I have nothing wrong with an analytical sound, but this just had a lack of impact. The Mest is one of the more exciting IEMs I’ve heard, and the R6 just made it so dull. Might have been just a specific bad pairing. Anyway, very happy with the DX300.

If size is an issue and portability is a main factor then it’s not so clear cut, but I wanted something for around the house.

Feb 1, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #3,337 of 14,577
I am not up with streaming.
I used to test daps with various streaming services for a time but found them lacking in ui, speed and available libraries at the time (services and daps).

i would like to revisit streaming and see where it is up to now daps are faster and wifi etc is better.

1). most recommended streaming for use with the DX300

2). Which service allows me to save tracks on the dap?

3). what happens to the saved songs if i unsubscribe from the service.

thanks in advance.
I've been in a similar position until now.

Last night I was listening to Master albums in 352khz on Tidal and though sound quality varies by album as one would expect, generally it is satisfyingly superb, and I say that as someone who owns many hundreds of DSD 64/128/256 & FLAC 24/192 albums & listens to them on this system.

Hi-res albums have a particular kind of open sound, with a spacious delicacy and effortlessness of presentation which 16/44 simply cannot deliver (although some audiophile label albums impersonate it quite well) which one comes to recognize and appreciate, and last night I heard those same effects in the Tidal Masters that were playing. To a greater or lesser extent per album to be sure, but the very best were jaw droppingly good. I had absolutely no idea the technology had come this far, and had expected the best they could deliver was 16/44 with the occasional dropout due to wifi or server issues, so why would I bother with that when I already own more music than I'll probably ever get around to listening to?

Such a colossal misjudgement. Last night was amazing, there I was absolutely spellbound listening to British/Irish folk music as someone who hasn't listened to folk music in.... well, ever. The joy of serendipious musical discovery with all the snobby audiophile perks pre-attached. No more having to discover music in a downgraded low-fi format, trying to gauge if "the real version" would sound audiologically-tolerable enough to purchase, and then learning the result only after the wallet coin is flipped.

This is a revelation which of course has nothing to do with the DX300, yet the DX300 feels like it was crafted for this very purpose, as even the aspect ratio of the screen suits a streaming interface perfectly. Owning this device will transform the hobby for me, no more listening to the same old stuff just because I can trust those albums to extract maximum benefit from my system. There is something special about being wowed not only by the music but also the sound quality of an album you're hearing for the first time, particularly if its the kind of music you would never ordinarily choose to expose yourself to that can best be summed up with "Oh my God, where has this been all my life!?".

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #3,338 of 14,577
Try MQA albums that is encoded at minimum 24 bits . The new musics are all in that MQA or 16/44.1

So for modern Music, at least MQA is very useful because that is the whole industry is heading.

However, Quoobuz is also pushing the High-Res games. You just need to be careful, some of them are Upsampled, and some are studio made :D

If you asked me for modern music, you better stick to MQA with 24bits depth. At least you eliminate one of the Bit Depth reduction factor. The master quality and how it was recorded is another matter though

@Bosk if you like Apocalyptica, try their new Cell-0 in MQA, pretty good

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #3,345 of 14,577
I know some one mentioned tap to wake was something they missed. I totally agree. I didn’t think I’d care about this feature, but I really miss it from all the recent Android and iOS devices I have used. I hope that is something they can add via firmware update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back