iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 29, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #3,047 of 14,592
By the way Vince was right, listening to local music library in MangoOS is a night and day difference Imho.
For that purpose I will default to Mango from now on
If that's the case then Android has not been very well implemented on the DX300. Especially if you hear it as "night and day".

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #3,050 of 14,592
Definitely not night and day ..
Listening tonight it doesn't sound like night and day difference, I confess.
Don't know if it is a matter of (brain) burn in, respectively the D3 filter which I started with at the end of my listening session yesterday.
Anyway I can say that today I am enjoying it more than I did at the beginning yesterday.

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #3,051 of 14,592
night and day differences is very subjective as well when applied upon sound performances LOL!!! A DMP-Z1 isn’t night and day different than an SP2K for example.

Yes, the Dx300 appreciate burn-in process for sure. Let it burn in before having serious thought of letting it go. The better the performances, the better the build, the longer the burn in. My DMP Z1 took almost 1100 hours before it stopped changing

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #3,052 of 14,592
Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #3,053 of 14,592
No, it is not normal. I have talked to quite a few people with DX300, most have cases with a tight secure fit. But a few, including myself, got it from a defective batch where playback control buttons are not aligned and there is a gap at the bottom of the case, so DX300 slides out by merely tilting it. I guess these cases are made by 3rd party and one batch fell through the crack, but I have been told iBasso will take care of it with a replacement.

1611950736029.png
Thx for investigating! What is the recommended standard procedure?
a. Ask the reseller one bought it from?
b. Reaching out to Ibasso personally and if yes, how?

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #3,056 of 14,592
Listening tonight it doesn't sound like night and day difference, I confess.
Don't know if it is a matter of (brain) burn in, respectively the D3 filter which I started with at the end of my listening session yesterday.
Anyway I can say that today I am enjoying it more than I did at the beginning yesterday.
To add to the confusion, the D numbers in Mango OS are in a different order than Android.

Jan 29, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #3,058 of 14,592
Inside of zip there should be a release notes text file...
Where is it?
1611957580578.png

Jan 29, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #3,059 of 14,592
Where is it?
1611957580578.png
In the root of the Zip

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Auto adaption mode for Bluetooth output added. Now when playing high-resolution music on the Mango player APP with Bluetooth output, the bit depth and sample rate will be lowered to work with the Bluetooth protocol. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that there is a low possibility that the screen would not display anything. (Mango OS)
3. Improved the compatibility of the USB digital output. (Mango OS)
4. Rectified the bug that when using coaxial output, multi-channel DSD can't be played. (Mango OS)
5. Rectified some interface display errors. (Mango OS)

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX300_full_ota_1.01.186.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.

Jan 29, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #3,060 of 14,592
In the root of the Zip

Improvements with this firmware:

1. Auto adaption mode for Bluetooth output added. Now when playing high-resolution music on the Mango player APP with Bluetooth output, the bit depth and sample rate will be lowered to work with the Bluetooth protocol. (Android OS)
2. Rectified the bug that there is a low possibility that the screen would not display anything. (Mango OS)
3. Improved the compatibility of the USB digital output. (Mango OS)
4. Rectified the bug that when using coaxial output, multi-channel DSD can't be played. (Mango OS)
5. Rectified some interface display errors. (Mango OS)

Instructions For Firmware update:

1. Copy and paste the DX300_full_ota_1.01.186.zip to your SD card's root folder, or the DX300's internal memory.
2. Go to Android OS, press Settings-->System-->Updater-->local update, and tap the zip file.
3. The whole update will take about 10 minutes. Reboot the DX300 after update completed. You can also choose to do a factory reset at this time to clear any artifacts from the previous firmware.
When you do a download, you have to open the downloaded file and in that there will be a zip file that is the firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back