iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 22, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #2,506 of 14,593
Hi all newbie here to the forum. Been following this thread for a while and have ordered the DX300 off the back of reading all the positive reviews.
As a beginner to the world of daps, I'm worried I'm expecting too much of the dx300 and will ultimately be underwhelmed when I listen to it.
I currently listen to mainly Tidal via my phone or tablet, a ifi hip dac and fiio FA3 iems. Will the dx300 be a noticeable audible improvement over this or will it be minimal?
Welcome

IMO this could heavily depend on the IEM/headphone you use and their synergy with the DAP. For example, if you have some power hungry gears and want to use them on the go, then DX300 will be a great upgrade/complement to your current setup.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #2,507 of 14,593
Hi all newbie here to the forum. Been following this thread for a while and have ordered the DX300 off the back of reading all the positive reviews.
As a beginner to the world of daps, I'm worried I'm expecting too much of the dx300 and will ultimately be underwhelmed when I listen to it.
I currently listen to mainly Tidal via my phone or tablet, a ifi hip dac and fiio FA3 iems. Will the dx300 be a noticeable audible improvement over this or will it be minimal?
It really is individual. I don't know anyone that can tell you honestly if you will be underwhelmed, overwhelmed or somewhere between. So many variable, you, the music, the monitors, the voices in your head - oh sorry, maybe that is just in my head., hard to know but I will say, I am enjoying the DX300 a lot and it keeps the voices at bay. lol

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #2,508 of 14,593

Welcome! A bit theoretical but you can start with this video:

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #2,511 of 14,593
It really is individual. I don't know anyone that can tell you honestly if you will be underwhelmed, overwhelmed or somewhere between. So many variable, you, the music, the monitors, the voices in your head - oh sorry, maybe that is just in my head., hard to know but I will say, I am enjoying the DX300 a lot and it keeps the voices at bay. lol

Yes I guess everyone will have different experiences. Looking forward to when it arrives to make a judgement although I have worrying feeling that I may need to upgrade my IEM's to take full advantage of the dx300. Time will tell.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2,512 of 14,593
Yes I guess everyone will have different experiences. Looking forward to when it arrives to make a judgement although I have worrying feeling that I may need to upgrade my IEM's to take full advantage of the dx300. Time will tell.
I listen to live music, though not so much right now due to the pandemic but my wife plays the flute and I have played the sax and other instruments and taught myself how to play the violin. But I use live sound as a barometer, not recorded sound to determine if other recorded sound is good.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #2,513 of 14,593
My general experience has been that the better the IEM is, the more you are going to tell the difference in the DAPs as the IEM become more revealing and are better able to reflect the quality/characteristics of your DAP. I have not tried the FA3 and probably that’s good enough for you to tell a difference. :) If headphone is your thing, you can also consider iBasso’s newly launched headphone SR2. There are some good reviews here at head-fi already.

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #2,514 of 14,593
If headphone is your thing, you can also consider iBasso’s newly launched headphone SR2. There are some good reviews here at head-fi already.

I have not published it yet, but I am working on a SR2 review and DX300 is a good match :)
SR2 also packs superb value for money, I love listening to it... nice change from IEMs to have a semi open headphone and it's so comfy

Jan 22, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #2,515 of 14,593
I have not published it yet, but I am working on a SR2 review and DX300 is a good match :)
SR2 also packs superb value for money, I love listening to it... nice change from IEMs to have a semi open headphone and it's so comfy

Looking forward to seeing your review as it sounds like something I might look into doing once I get the dx300, pairing it with a decent pair of headphones.

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #2,519 of 14,593

Users who are viewing this thread

Back