iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 6, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #1,396 of 14,567
Preferences, rest of you gear, type of music, mixing engineer’s headphones and speakers... They all in the end affect what enters your ears and tickles your brain. For the audio preferences, I don’t see the reason to try to prove anything what is better than what.

To this day, I couldn’t get how someone can listen to Utopia for more than 5 minutes but many do. For me it is too harsh and aggressive. The best headphone I ever got is Solitaire P, which many people don’t like because it is way different from the harman target. For the first time ever, I am able to listen for hours and can’t stop listening, and I am listening everyday since I got them. Many headphone gurus bash them. But I don’t care really. I don’t have their ears and likes, they don’t have mine.

I agree and never judge anyone because we all hear differently and focus our attention on different “details” and pleasure of listening to our favorite music in a whole new way. It’s why I am passionate about this hobby regardless. I feel blessed that there’s plenty choices and different perspectives for all who have this same passion for sound!

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #1,398 of 14,567
Jan 7, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #1,399 of 14,567
The amp card look like all of the electrolytic capacitors are surface mounted and not through holes.

ADE2582D-DD98-451A-AA30-9AB405A07108.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 7, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #1,400 of 14,567
The amp card look like all of the electrolytic capacitors are surface mounted and not through holes.

Looks like it. Also good catch on the ribbon connector for 3.5/2.5. I'm not a fan of ribbon connectors in the audio path! I wonder if you can terminate/plug it to reduce noise?

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #1,401 of 14,567
Looks like it. Also good catch on the ribbon connector for 3.5/2.5. I'm not a fan of ribbon connectors in the audio path! I wonder if you can terminate/plug it to reduce noise?
I don’t see why not, you can virtually direct solder on the 2.5 plugs and parallel it into 4.4mm pins ? You may lose out the auto plug detections function but that shouldn’t even matter. However, it look like if you only want 4.4mm, then you can take out those 2.5 and 3.5 daughter board, then preserve this space for some other components to upgrades. Ibasso already mentioned that line out can be activated through all ports. That means it also has the differentials for single ended the same way max does, and can be used on from 3.5mm or 4.4mm

Now, the 3.5mm will need further investigations but I wouldn’t touch that...I am all in 4.4mm by now lol

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #1,403 of 14,567
There always seems to be assumptions made about something new from cars to computers and on.

Through hole or SMD doesn’t affect the sound but these speculation are always present before a product is released. (Mods may not be necessary and there changes are subjective to what improvements they make whether audible or not). There’s essentially no difference just a choice by the manufacturer and how they manufacture their products in the chain (machine made, human assembling which varies by what package the components come in). We will all know for sure what it would sound like in 4 week time.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,407 of 14,567
How many native DSD512 is there?
I don't have any material handy although I know some people value re-encoding to DSD512 most of what I have is DSD128 and it's plenty great :)

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #1,408 of 14,567
How many native DSD512 is there?
I don't have any material handy although I know some people value re-encoding to DSD512 most of what I have is DSD128 and it's plenty great :)
I have a few but for the space required, not something I pursue. Also, I have some excellent recorded 64 and 128DSD that got them to compare to the same in 512. I know that some here really like the 512 but with my best phones, well, I use 128DSD now as well recorded music to me, is there in timbre and realism.

Jan 7, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #1,409 of 14,567
Just saying it's not a showstopper by any means and right now mostly it's more about spec wars than anything else and let's remember iBasso was one of the first to support DSD512 with DX200 back then competition said it didn't matter :grin: . But in usage really, for most of us in fact it doesn't mean squat. I have good FLACs that sound better than ill mastered DSDs so... mastering is also of the essence. We shouldn't focus on pure specs but it's only human we do. In the end it doesn't systematically equate to SQ.

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #1,410 of 14,567
Ibasso is introducing a self developed 1st gen Master FPGA chip. Any pics available of it? Why was it thAT ibasso choice of making their own silicon chip and not using a third party one owned by Intel & AMD? Is the removable of DSD512 because of the Master FPGA programming or a hardware issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back