iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 6, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #1,382 of 14,572
As it is the same SoC, I would expect DX300 to have a WIFI performance similar to Hiby R8 (assuming there are no RF design issues, which I don't expect). First one for 2.4GHz, second for 5GHz on R8:

That’s true but I think R8 fw is probably coded better since they are using less RAM with more battery life (way more!). However, with better specs I can see people with the skills in customizing their firmware if that’s possible to get it to run way better and maybe sounding better???

They may also be true with firmware update. I wonder if they will include Master FPGA updates as well to “optimize audio performance.” Haha

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #1,383 of 14,572
There always seems to be assumptions made about something new from cars to computers and on.

Jan 6, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #1,384 of 14,572
By the way, where will you get yours in the EU? I contacted AudioHeaven in Poland (which is an authorised dealer) and I was told that it might take like 3 weeks for shipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 6, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #1,387 of 14,572
Sonic performance identical. That is pretty much all you need to hear, unless I mis understood what he said. I have compared the two daps in the video and they do not sound the same and the M11 is no where near as good. Silliness but then it only goes to show that some people really don't hear a difference and that is ok, they can buy something that is really cheap and be happy.

Jan 6, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #1,388 of 14,572
By the way, where will you get yours in the EU? I contacted AudioHeaven in Poland (which is an authorised dealer) and I was told that it might take like 3 weeks for shipment.

son-video and audiophonics are the official distributors in France, not sure when they'll get the DX300

Jan 6, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #1,389 of 14,572
Sonic performance identical. That is pretty much all you need to hear, unless I mis understood what he said. I have compared the two daps in the video and they do not sound the same and the M11 is no where near as good. Silliness but then it only goes to show that some people really don't hear a difference and that is ok, they can buy something that is really cheap and be happy.
Such people are blessed and so they can save a lot of money. People who can hear the differences are cursed

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #1,390 of 14,572
Such people are blessed and so they can save a lot of money. People who can hear the differences are cursed

Correction people who can hear the difference's wallets are cursed, otherwise it's all a blessing :grin:

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #1,391 of 14,572
Advancedmp3players.co.uk, also AD, could not give me dates for availability in UK...

OK, cool. I think last time AudioHeaven received it earlier (hours feel like days for a hyped person in this hobby).

PS: What I meant above is I don’t expect it to have any issues with WIFI.

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #1,392 of 14,572
Correction people who can hear the difference's wallets are cursed, otherwise it's all a blessing :grin:

Preferences, rest of you gear, type of music, mixing engineer’s headphones and speakers... They all in the end affect what enters your ears and tickles your brain. For the audio preferences, I don’t see the reason to try to prove anything what is better than what.

To this day, I couldn’t get how someone can listen to Utopia for more than 5 minutes but many do. For me it is too harsh and aggressive. The best headphone I ever got is Solitaire P, which many people don’t like because it is way different from the harman target. For the first time ever, I am able to listen for hours and can’t stop listening, and I am listening everyday since I got them. Many headphone gurus bash them. But I don’t care really. I don’t have their ears and likes, they don’t have mine.

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #1,393 of 14,572
Per Paul's comment about all the hassle of dealing with unauthorized dealers. It has nothing to do with reputation of any particular store. When you have brand new design platform anything could happen in the first production batch, even outside of manufacturer control (remember 4yrs ago ghost screen issue in DX200?). So buying from authorized seller will just give you a peace of mind just in case if something might happen and you want a quick turn around to get a replacement. Knock on wood, nobody expects anything to happen, but it's life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back