iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 13, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #11,956 of 14,593
According of what I've read in different chats, a lot of user wouldn't agree with you.
1649875269654.png
If you have a possibility try to listen to upcoming IMR EDP ACE with 10mm planar 10mm DD and BC driver
Well, according to many others, my impressions arent even as enthusiastic. Besides, i know what i hear. I did a couple comparisons already and i will stick to my opinion- my ears tell the truth:)

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #11,957 of 14,593
According of what I've read in different chats, a lot of user wouldn't agree with you.
If you have a possibility try to listen to upcoming IMR EDP ACE with 10mm planar 10mm DD and BC driver

I have had an IMR EDP and now I have 2 Timeless, and believe me: Timeless >>>>>>>> IRM EDP.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #11,958 of 14,593
Hate to say it guys and gals but I'm jumping the iBasso ship. I've had enough issues in less than 6 months and calling it quits. More than likely go the Fiio M17 or Shanling M7 (when it's released) route. Haven't decided just yet but iBasso repair center might be sending my unit back to China which will no doubt take months before I see the unit again.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #11,959 of 14,593
Hate to say it guys and gals but I'm jumping the iBasso ship. I've had enough issues in less than 6 months and calling it quits. More than likely go the Fiio M17 or Shanling M7 (when it's released) route. Haven't decided just yet but iBasso repair center might be sending my unit back to China which will no doubt take months before I see the unit again.
Its sad to hear that. Well i can understand your decision, we live only once:) but im not sure if other companies dont have issues. I had Shanling m9 for a week and i experienced more software problems than in 1 year period of owning the dx300.

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #11,960 of 14,593
well, every brands has it downfalls. When it comes to defected products, they just happened. Hence there is warranty for them.
Its sad to hear that. Well i can understand your decision, we live only once:) but im not sure if other companies dont have issues. I had Shanling m9 for a week and i experienced more software problems than in 1 year period of owning the dx300.
My shanling M30 took 1 year and a half to solve some software issues 😂. But shanling has it own house sound, which is pretty good to have too lol

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #11,961 of 14,593
well, every brands has it downfalls. When it comes to defected products, they just happened. Hence there is warranty for them.

My shanling M30 took 1 year and a half to solve some software issues 😂. But shanling has it own house sound, which is pretty good to have too lol
My only experience with Shanling house sound was the M9 and it wasnt any different than the dx300 tuning wise. It was reference. No specific warmth or elevated bass. Actually it was even brighter.

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #11,962 of 14,593
Frustrating yes. I have 3 Swiss watches. Not one has not gone back for repair and they aren't cheap Swiss watches. One was 3 times and now it is ok. So why do I buy them? I don't often but they are quality feeling and looking, but . . . One now runs slow and I have to set it every day. I can open it and have the electronic tools to set the time correctly but it is a divers watch and what I can't do is pressure test it, once it is closed back up. And so it goes. I most likely will set the timing anyway, as I don't dive any longer.

The DX300, never any issues and I have an early one. I do have an extra volume control that I bought in case I need it but never have and love the sound. The DX300MAX, zero issues.

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #11,963 of 14,593
Frustrating yes. I have 3 Swiss watches. Not one has not gone back for repair and they aren't cheap Swiss watches. One was 3 times and now it is ok. So why do I buy them? I don't often but they are quality feeling and looking, but . . . One now runs slow and I have to set it every day. I can open it and have the electronic tools to set the time correctly but it is a divers watch and what I can't do is pressure test it, once it is closed back up. And so it goes. I most likely will set the timing anyway, as I don't dive any longer.

The DX300, never any issues and I have an early one. I do have an extra volume control that I bought in case I need it but never have and love the sound. The DX300MAX, zero issues.
I feel like overall what happening is due to the new generations, work ethics and mind set. It isn’t what it used to be anymore

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #11,964 of 14,593
The DX300MAX, zero issues.
A number of devices from any DAP manufacturer are liable to be defective, true enough, getting through quality control, when they shouldn't. If it's within warranty, and was unsuccessfully fixed, will iBasso not replace the device? Regardless, I think SQ (and as little buggy software as possible) would be my guide in choosing my next DAP. If the sound of DX300 was it for me, I'd get another one, but each to their preference. I've got the 3Max Ti too and, despite all the plaudits for the N8ii, I love how it sounds (and the powerful amp) and won't trade it. I was lucky to have a device that works flawlessly.

Apr 13, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #11,966 of 14,593
1649875269654.png
That happened to my Timeless as well. They sounded decent enough but the build quality left a lot on the table.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #11,968 of 14,593
Didn't you just get it back from being repaired? Did it "die" the same way as last time?
Yes same way as last time but last time there was a screw loose inside that you could hear. This time, I updated Tidal, copied a bunch of music to my SD card, listened to said music through Neutron player for about an hour and rebooted the device. It never came back up so I thought maybe the battery had died, which I knew could not be possible. I tried turning it back on and nothing. Plugged it into charger and no light response. Tried holding down power button for atleast 30 seconds, then tried all Android button sequences. Nothing. Completely dead and mind as well be a paper weight.

I'm hoping it's a software issue since it was working fine until I decided to reboot. That's kind of strange if you ask me. More than likely a software issue. I find it hard to believe the hardware failed at the exact moment that I rebooted. Strange none the less.

Apr 13, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #11,969 of 14,593
Yes same way as last time but last time there was a screw loose inside that you could hear. This time, I updated Tidal, copied a bunch of music to my SD card, listened to said music through Neutron player for about an hour and rebooted the device. It never came back up so I thought maybe the battery had died, which I knew could not be possible. I tried turning it back on and nothing. Plugged it into charger and no light response. Tried holding down power button for atleast 30 seconds, then tried all Android button sequences. Nothing. Completely dead and mind as well be a paper weight.

I'm hoping it's a software issue since it was working fine until I decided to reboot. That's kind of strange if you ask me. More than likely a software issue. I find it hard to believe the hardware failed at the exact moment that I rebooted. Strange none the less.
Seems like a software issue. Now i think you re eligible for getting a complete replacement imo. No more repairs. You deserve a new dx300!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back