iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 21, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #8,551 of 14,593
Idk I was amazed at getting 12 hrs of play time when breaking my DX312 in with my Arya on high gain streaming over wifi with 60% high rez music at a volume level of 55.
On my newly acquired FD7's with a mix of streaming and native playback with screen time on high gain at 13 hours I still had 25% left on digital which usually runs out first for me.
PLEEEEEEEEAAAASEEEEEE, tell us more about your experience with both of gears: fiio and HiFiman Arya too :L3000::astonished:

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #8,552 of 14,593
PLEEEEEEEEAAAASEEEEEE, tell us more about your experience with both of gears: fiio and HiFiman Arya too :L3000::astonished:
What would you like to know?
Both sound great on the DX312, as does every HP I own, IMHO it's a exceptional sounding dap with plenty of power to drive everything I have all day long.
The balanced LO has to be heard to be believed I imagine one could use it as a DAC with their desktop amp's, to me it sounds better than the node 2i I have running to my LP and WA 7d, I will probably move my node 2i to another room.
Eventhough I can hear a difference when using my desktop set-up's ( iFi pro stack ) I don't feel like I am giving up anything when OTG.
Although I ran the DX312 during break in with the Arya at 55, extended listening sessions were in the 40's to 50 depending on song.
The FD7 is exceptional single DD IEM and punches way above it's price range some of its attributes reminds me of my Stellia in mini form they do share the same driver material after all.

Oct 21, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #8,553 of 14,593
Random evening post:

Lifted my DX312 out of my DAP storage case for the first time in 4 weeks for test pairing with EVO. Had been lugging my desktop brick, 3MAX, around for awhile and forgot how surprising ahhh light it was 🤭

Oct 22, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #8,554 of 14,593
Some of you may or may not recall I posted a message a while ago that I thought the Android media store on iBasso's implementation of Android had been broken for a long time, not just on the DX300. This is how some software players index tracks. I'd been unable to get iBasso to acknowledge the problem, and indeed they told me in May 2020 it was a problem with the player software. Despite further attempts nothing happened. Paul from iBasso then picked it up here but then it went quiet again.

As a last resort I contacted Advanced MP3 players who I'd bought the DX through in the UK. They were very helpful and mediated with iBasso. The end result is that iBasso have acknowledged there is a problem and that it will be fixed in the next couple of firmware releases. It really shouldn't have taken that much effort.

Oct 22, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #8,555 of 14,593
Hello guys, I bought the Focal Celestee about 2 weeks ago. I let it burn in for 200 hours at a high level with my Hiby R6 Pro SS and listened in between times. And thought woow what a great bass. I've been listening to the Celestee with the DX 312 for a few days with a ddHifi adapter on 4.4mm with the original cable. And the result is that it sounds totally flat. I was totally disappointed. Now I have installed the original MK 1 module because of the 3.5 jack plug. And what can I say it sounds great. Full of nice bass. This is my first adapter that I tried. Could it be that it is because of the adapter? I ordered the iBasso CB17 cable. With 4.4 degree for Amp12. Hope that the Focal Celestee sounds even better than with the Amp 11 MK1. Have you already noticed that the adapters falsify the sound?

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #8,556 of 14,593
Hello guys, I bought the Focal Celestee about 2 weeks ago. I let it burn in for 200 hours at a high level with my Hiby R6 Pro SS and listened in between times. And thought woow what a great bass. I've been listening to the Celestee with the DX 312 for a few days with a ddHifi adapter on 4.4mm with the original cable. And the result is that it sounds totally flat. I was totally disappointed. Now I have installed the original MK 1 module because of the 3.5 jack plug. And what can I say it sounds great. Full of nice bass. This is my first adapter that I tried. Could it be that it is because of the adapter? I ordered the iBasso CB17 cable. With 4.4 degree for Amp12. Hope that the Focal Celestee sounds even better than with the Amp 11 MK1. Have you already noticed that the adapters falsify the sound?
Adapter changed the sound to my Campfire Solaris 2020 too. I swapped the cable out completely (to a 4.4mm termination) and whilst there is a noticeable hiss on PO it sounds much much better to my ears.

Oct 22, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #8,557 of 14,593
Adapter changed the sound to my Campfire Solaris 2020 too. I swapped the cable out completely (to a 4.4mm termination) and whilst there is a noticeable hiss on PO it sounds much much better to my ears.
Many thanks for your response. I thought I was just hearing it or imagining it. So I didn't think much of the adapters before, but now I think it's the last crap !!!

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #8,558 of 14,593
Dear all,

Searched for this and couldn't find anything....pretty sure I am doing something wrong/missing some step.
I got the DX300 + A12 today.
Does anyone know how to get the play/pause, ff, and rr buttons on the side to work with the screen off?
I have tried, it seems, everything. As soon as the screen is off, the buttons are inactive. The volume wheel works, though.
I have tried with Mango, Hiby, Hifi Cast.... the buttons don't work with any of them when the screen is off.
(And yes, the buttons are set to function with the screen off in Android Settings.)

Thanks in advance,
David

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #8,559 of 14,593
Dear all,

Searched for this and couldn't find anything....pretty sure I am doing something wrong/missing some step.
Does anyone know how to get the play/pause, ff, and rr buttons on the side to work with the screen off?
I have tried, it seems, everything. As soon as the screen is off, the buttons are inactive. The volume wheel works, though.
I have tried with Mango, Hiby, Hifi Cast.... the buttons don't work with any of them when the screen is off.
(And yes, the buttons are set to function with the screen off in Android Settings.)

Thanks in advance,
David
Which firmware?

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #8,560 of 14,593
Dear all,

Thanks in advance,
David
If they are set to be on, then I would do a factory reset in the advanced menu for Android.

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #8,561 of 14,593
Firmware 1.04.305
Updated to the most recent (apparently) as soon as I turned it on.
I am dreading doing a reset bc I've spent about 2 hours setting everything up, importing wallpapers, etc.....
The buttons work fine as long as the screen is on, so I assume it must be a software issue. Either that I still have something misconfigured....

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #8,562 of 14,593
Oct 22, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #8,563 of 14,593
Firmware 1.04.305
I am dreading doing a reset bc I've spent about 2 hours setting everything up, importing wallpapers, etc.....
The buttons work fine as long as the screen is on, so I assume it must be a software issue. Either that I still have something misconfigured....
I am not sure what to say. You have Android set to have them work when the screen is off. Maybe go out of Android to Mango and then back again?

Oct 22, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #8,564 of 14,593
Firmware 1.04.305
I don't really use the ff rr buttons on the side, and it's been awhile, but try holding them down for second or two. If I recall, they don't activate immediately.

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #8,565 of 14,593
Firmware 1.04.305
I am not sure what to say. You have Android set to have them work when the screen is off. Maybe go out of Android to Mango and then back again?
There's some discussion on the DX300 Max thread about doing the firmware update twice. Weird, I know, but worth a shot before doing a hard reset? And, do the update opposite than first done, that is, if first done with local file, do OTA; if OTA, do local file. Dunno if this is even possible (allowed if already current) on the DX300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back