iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Aug 20, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #8,071 of 14,567
Do you think the Isabellae performs above its price range?
I think I like it more than the Clairvoyance, and it is only one step behind the Mest. So yes, I think it performs above its price range compared with those other two.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #8,072 of 14,567
:wink:
Disclaimer: subjective objects ! If you don’t care about MicroSD that can degrade or upgrade your audio performances and that all MicroSD is the same, then don’t read on

This MicroSD is also similar to Sandisk Edges. Details, clarity, soundstage, dynamic!!! you may think the price is expensive but this one has 2.5x more memory capacity . If every bit matters, and last fractions and single percentage matter. Do yourself a favor and get either Edges or Micron 1Tb. It will stay for a good while. That you will even buy and sell from DAP to DAP over and over but your MicroSD will remains !

This is industrial grade, and is first of it kind with the world most advanced 1 Alpha DRAM fabrication technologies :wink:. Can only be found from Mouser

Part #: MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WTCS
A5FDE9E5-6B0E-4AC4-A667-A87C83FC5CE8.jpeg
With no intention to dispute or question the claim , I am just curious to know what microSD card qualities are the ones that allegedly have an inpact on sound quality ?
Thnx

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #8,073 of 14,567
With no intention to dispute or question the claim , I am just curious to know what microSD card qualities are the ones that allegedly have an inpact on sound quality ?
Thnx
Well, my thinking is that If you can not hear the differences, then all of the explanations I may states out will just be another logical plausible advertising marketing tools to sell stuff or keep up the hype. But there are scientific explanations for all of that.

I will come back to this topic when there are enough people who observed the performances later.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #8,074 of 14,567
Thnx
Any circuit can have an impact. This is the source of where the digital signal comes from. Corrupt that in any way and you have a weak foundation for the music that you are starting with. Think about it. Just like an excellent LP pressing or some of the better CDs or tapes.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #8,075 of 14,567
Yes, by no means is my intention to mock or to say it has no impact.
All I ever thought had no impact on SQ later proved to me to have.
Especially capacitator burn in and cable burn in :)
So I just wanted to know what to look out for when buying an SD card as edge ones are not an easy find where I am located.

Aug 20, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #8,076 of 14,567
Any circuit can have an impact. This is the source of where the digital signal comes from. Corrupt that in any way and you have a weak foundation for the music that you are starting with. Think about it. Just like an excellent LP pressing or some of the better CDs or tapes.
Exactly! And especially on the transistors that keep being micronized to be smaller and smaller. One of the most challenging aspect here would be that cell interferences and errors would be a factor at first, let alone the way a maker fabricate the wafer base. There are a lot of factors in play.
But in the end, what matter is how one perceived it, does it impact you by little or a lot ?

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #8,077 of 14,567
I understand completely, if you have collected Tb of high quality purchased musics, they are not only just a lot of money but also priceless. Oh well, at least with vinyl, the worse is that you just move everything and make sure to have physical storage space with proper handling….with digital, they may decide to one day give up on you by themselves lol!!!

I purcahsed so many albums over the years, it is insane.

Some bands don't even exist anymore, it is literally impossible to get their music anymore try getting any copy of [ Interruping Cow ] - a band making technical deathcore. They became Queen Kona now, but simply erased all Interrupting Cow albums, and more or less it is music I grew up with, don't want losing it.

As for whether microSD cards can change the sound, I should also test, never had enough of those around, half of them are inside cameras, so most DAPs have just 2-3 cards and all of mine are Samsung because i can find them cheap. Curious if other brands made something that sounds better, any improvement on sonics is welcome

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #8,078 of 14,567
Exactly! And especially on the transistors that keep being micronized to be smaller and smaller. One of the most challenging aspect here would be that cell interferences and errors would be a factor at first, let alone the way a maker fabricate the wafer base. There are a lot of factors in play.
But in the end, what matter is how one perceived it, does it impact you by little or a lot ?
I would also be curious to know the factors that can change the sound from the SD card, because to me thinking logically (and correct me if I am wrong), your storage device is ONLY storage, and a transport for the player app (in this case) which is where the file that is stored is processed. This might be too deep for my current understanding, but would like to know more?!

Aug 21, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #8,079 of 14,567
The music is saved as digital files on the SD cards. It is nothing more than a succession of 0 and 1 written on a digital medium.
The only valid premise for the digital medium to influence the quality of the music, is that these data (0 and 1) cannot be read correctly from this digital medium, for some specific reason. This would suppose that the medium is damaged.
An analog medium, in which the music is written directly and without digital encoding, of course that influences the quality of the music. But a digital medium cannot influence it because no matter how good or bad it may be, in the end the sequence of 0 and 1 read from it (the information that will be decoded into music) will be the same.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #8,080 of 14,567
Hi All,

hope to get someone opinions here, as I’m thinking about getting DX300.

currently using the 2020 CA Andro’s with iPhone 12 mini -> chord Mojo via Apple Music lossless.

just wandering if the DX300 is a step up in terms of sonic quality?

things that are important to me are:

- sound should be noticeably superior to Chord Mojo.

- should play nice with Andro’s

- should support hi res lossless on Apple Music.

- snappy interface.

appreciate your advices/opinions.

E

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #8,081 of 14,567
DX300 playing funny bugger today

3 sudden shut downs with no warning. Using Apple Music, over 90% battery.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #8,082 of 14,567
Very strange behaviour from my DX300

Now had 6 shutdowns and they were getting closer together
Factory reset to see if that helped.

Going through the startup process and got WiFi input and it shutdown again, now won't start up at all.
Screen comes on when plugged into charger but nothing else.

Looks like it'll be going back to Amp3. Had it from just after UK release.

Any ideas @Paul - iBasso as to what might be occurring?

Update - screen now not coming on when plugged into charger😕

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #8,083 of 14,567
Very strange behaviour from my DX300

Now had 6 shutdowns and they were getting closer together
Factory reset to see if that helped.

Going through the startup process and got WiFi input and it shutdown again, now won't start up at all.
Screen comes on when plugged into charger but nothing else.

Looks like it'll be going back to Amp3. Had it from just after UK release.

Any ideas @Paul - iBasso as to what might be occurring?
Maybe give it a few hours to charge fully?! It is possible that the system doesn't know how much charge is in the digital battery (lost calibration). It is recommended on any android system to fully discharge it and fully charge it now and again so that the system can calibrate its accuracy. If the battery were low, it would explain it shutting down, and even getting closer together as time progresses. Other than that, it sounds like you might need to RMA it to iBasso.

Edit: On that same subject, I have decided to do just that on mine. I have been trying to run it until it shuts down for 3 days now, listening off and on. It has been on about 6% since I woke up and started listening to it again..... It finally did shut down, but man that last 10% was stubborn. This is probably because the android system lost calibration of the battery (but in this case in my favor, having more battery than reported).

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #8,084 of 14,567
Maybe give it a few hours to charge fully?! It is possible that the system doesn't know how much charge is in the digital battery (lost calibration). It is recommended on any android system to fully discharge it and fully charge it now and again so that the system can calibrate its accuracy. If the battery were low, it would explain it shutting down, and even getting closer together as time progresses. Other than that, it sounds like you might need to RMA it to iBasso.
Battery was at 100% on both earlier this afternoon, 91% on digital when first shutdown happened.

Aug 21, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #8,085 of 14,567
Battery was at 100% on both earlier this afternoon, 91% on digital when first shutdown happened.
Yeah, read that on your first post, but in order to diagnose the issue, the easiest thing to do is keep in on charge for as long as would normally be needed to charge it fully. Not saying you are wrong at all, but the only two things that I know of that would cause this is wrong battery reporting in android, or the button has gone wonky (which I have seen a few cases here regarding the DX300), causing this same issue, or possibly an app gone wild (less likely). I'm hoping, for your sake, that it is indeed battery reporting, so you don't have to send it back.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back