iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 22, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #3,181 of 5,016
Omg I am addicted hearing these upper mid and high instruments being displayed with high vividity, in full details, great extensions in it metallic housing resonances, so highly defined and yet so smooth, like being addicted to a real metallic instruments in real life, agressive, sharps, and yet smooth, simply addictive.

It is like I have found my long lost love since the day I entered this hobby. The only limitations from this little player is just the super powerful output for hard to drive phones, and I am talking about desktop architectures. But that is exactly what it balanced dedicate Line out is for. Line out performances is also breathe taking good, you only need a good amplifier 😆

Fully indulging self in the addictions of these metallic instruments!!! The dominant instruments in orchestra and metal genres !! Wooohhh !!! Lady and gentleman, the impressive Ibasso Dx300Max-Titanium
What's the bass like @Whitigir ?

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #3,183 of 5,016
Not from that I have seen.

There is no way to tell, and can’t even start to speculate. The only speculation I would expect is from Titanium chassis. From my limited experiences, Titanium as a chassis is unique with it sound signatures. Call me whatever you want, and I prefer that you experience the differences for yourself rather than agreeing with me. Try N6ii Titanium with R01 compare to aluminum and see, or try DX200 PCB swapping into Titanium

Titanium sound properties: Neutral, great extensions in both ends but especially more into the upper frequencies but very smoothly done. The transients is super speedy. So the overall conclusion is Titanium carries a neutral, airy and resolving signatures. If I was Ibasso, I would maximize the details, textures, smoothness together with the bites, the airiness, the cues of imagings, and most importantly is the soundstage. But that is coming from a desires of a tweaker and modder. In reality, there are trade off, and limitations….then even the tuner and tweaker will have their own personal preferences. I just hope that this Titanium will bring Ibasso House sound back to what I used to love from DX200Ti….Neutral, resolving, airiness, great clarity and fidelity. When all of those are done right, dynamic will be a given on a systems that has dedicated setting and power supplies as MAX
Can you post some comparisons of DX200Ti vs DX300 Max Ti?

Sep 22, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #3,184 of 5,016
Can you post some comparisons of DX200Ti vs DX300 Max Ti?
Unfortunately, Could not afford to keep too many things. So I No longer have the DX200Ti, @DaYooper May be able to help some what

I just remembered that it was one of the device that had a very impressive clarity and trebles fidelity without harshness. Even-though I moved on and away from it, I missed that. Finally the 3MTI is bringing that to my satisfaction

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #3,186 of 5,016
Does anyone know if putting unit output on "high Gain", Burns it in faster? I want my Ti to hurry up and gain some of the SS flavor. SS has that touch of lushness in lower registers.
Omg I am addicted hearing these upper mid and high instruments being displayed with high vividity, in full details, great extensions in it metallic housing resonances, so highly defined and yet so smooth, like being addicted to a real metallic instruments in real life, agressive, sharps, and yet smooth, simply addictive

Yes, both versions do this better than any dap I heard before. The SS gives a bit more elegance while the Ti gives a bit more excitement, yet they both handle complex cymbal crash and metalic sounds & percussion very realistically.
Zero harshness. The SS actually reveals the 220max to have some harshness, while still displaying a higher resolve. I sold the 220m so only did the SS vs 220m comparison.

The SS & Ti both display the upper end with a delicacy and 3D timbre around the instruments. This is more vivid than what I have heard with the R2R daps (LP6). I really doubt the ESS chip in the upcoming Fiio can do this unique aspect of holography, that I once thought only Sony WM1Z could do. These are on another level.

Its like having twins with different clothes.
Picture two beautiful models. One is wearing a suductive, revealing party dress (SS), while the other is already in hot swimwear ready to jump in the pool (Ti)...
They both inviting, desirable, and your gonna score with either one...🤤

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,188 of 5,016
Updated my post a bit more info so refresh screen 🙂

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #3,189 of 5,016
Even Titanium as a premium Metal is being hard to source. I read that Cayin wouldn’t be making any Titanium version of their up coming players due to that as well. It could be just a marketing strategy or so. But the fact is that Covid is shutting down many places global wise, and every industry suffer is facts….beside the other accidents like fires, or flood …etc

First let me clarify that I am a fan of your posts and sharing.

However, Titanium isn’t really “premium”.. it is the 9th most abundant element afterall. Are we confusing it with Platinum here? Did iBasso ever state which grade of Titanium is being used? I was really keen on the N6ii Ti as well untill Cayin refused to acknowledge the grade used.

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #3,190 of 5,016

However, Titanium isn’t really “premium”.. it is the 9th most abundant element afterall. Are we confusing it with Platinum here? Did iBasso ever state which grade of Titanium is being used? I was really keen on the N6ii Ti as well untill Cayin refused to acknowledge the grade used.
It isn't just grade but also use and titanium is a fairly expensive metal relative to others for this use.

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #3,192 of 5,016
Does anyone know if putting unit output on "high Gain", Burns it in faster? I want my Ti to hurry up and gain some of the SS flavor. SS has that touch of lushness in lower registers.

Yes, both versions do this better than any dap I heard before. The SS gives a bit more elegance while the Ti gives a bit more excitement, yet they both handle complex cymbal crash and metalic sounds & percussion very realistically.
Zero harshness. The SS actually reveals the 220max to have some harshness, while still displaying a higher resolve. I sold the 220m so only did the SS vs 220m comparison.

The SS & Ti both display the upper end with a delicacy and 3D timbre around the instruments. This is more vivid than what I have heard with the R2R daps (LP6). I really doubt the ESS chip in the upcoming Fiio can do this unique aspect of holography, that I once thought only Sony WM1Z could do. These are on another level.

Its like having twins with different clothes.
Picture two beautiful models. One is wearing a suductive, revealing party dress (SS), while the other is already in hot swimwear ready to jump in the pool (Ti)...
They both inviting, desirable, and your gonna score with either one...🤤
2Max is famed for its dynamism and energetic style. How do the 3Maxes compare to it in that respect?

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #3,193 of 5,016

I am interested in the grade of titanium being used here as well. You are correct that Titanium is abundant resource on earth. However, it isn’t just about it being abundant and that make it cheaper. Titanium can only be sourced and found from ores that Are attached to most of other minerals and materials, and in very low number. For example, while gold is “premium”, it has it own ores where you can find in large chunks and easy to refine. Titanium itself does not have it own ores, but rather it is found attached to gold ores, iron ores....etc....it is more like a by products of after refining those other ores, then you can collect titanium. Let’s ask @Paul - iBasso if he has any information on the Titanium being used

But you don’t really have titanium as in Metal, or materials as a by product either, not like you are refining iron and you also have Titanium.....rather you have it in other forms that can be made to (sponge) that is very hard to refine into Metal. Then afterward, if you want to have Pure grade of titanium, there are further complications that are needed.

Now, you may have questions, if titanium is abundant, and is a by product from other ores refining , then what make it expensive ? The cost to make titanium, and the cost to get titanium purity, the higher the purity is the more expensive to produce. Then it is also being used in many industries due to it properties, in biocompatible usages, aerospace’s, space technology, mechanical .....etc.... Ok, you are right, it isn’t just at this step that Titanium is being expensive either. It is the next

When titanium is produced, it is in sheets and rods, other shapes such as a brick, you will need to special orders. But this still isn’t enough to make it expensive either.....

This final step, for example, most of titanium being used around the industry are alloy, and not pure. Because being alloys, they can be easier to produce in special shapes, sizes, etc.....But Pure titanium ? Can only be Milled into shape. You would be surprised to see how hard it is to Mill Pure Titanium, and it is visually easily seen by eyes. Grinding a chunk of Stainless Steel gives off just a bit of sparks....but try that on titanium and you have a whole hell lot of sparks that can even burn down the shop......

So****
, it also needs special processing to mill Pure titanium into chassis shapes. It includes special drill bits and heads, special machines being set up, special cooling oils and liquids.....and not only that, you will need a large quantity of Bits and Heads to mill the Titanium. It is because Titanium is so hard, and yet also textile, it will wear down your heads and bits ways faster than any other materials, take stainless steel for example

Then Finally, The answer to why Titanium is being a premium materials ? Especially for chassis ? Because pure titanium is harder to produce and make, and even Harder to Mill into chassis shapes. I am highly confident that Ibasso uses ”pure titanium”, because Ibasso did so on DX200Ti

So, while you can say Titanium is plenty in earth resources, you will not be able to find things that are made of Titanium specifically being ”pure titanium” to be cheap....can you ? Again, remember, most of them are Alloys, and not Pure titanium either

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #3,194 of 5,016
I am interested in the grade of titanium being used here as well. You are correct that Titanium is abundant resource on earth. However, it isn’t just about it being abundant and that make it cheaper. Titanium can only be sourced and found from ores that Are attached to most of other minerals and materials, and in very low number. For example, while gold is “premium”, it has it own ores where you can find in large chunks and easy to refine. Titanium itself does not have it own ores, but rather it is found attached to gold ores, iron ores....etc....it is more like a by products of after refining those other ores, then you can collect titanium. Let’s ask @Paul - iBasso if he has any information on the Titanium being used

But you don’t really have titanium as in Metal, or materials as a by product either, not like you are refining iron and you also have Titanium.....rather you have it in other forms that can be made to (sponge) that is very hard to refine into Metal. Then afterward, if you want to have Pure grade of titanium, there are further complications that are needed.

Now, you may have questions, if titanium is abundant, and is a by product from other ores refining , then what make it expensive ? The cost to make titanium, and the cost to get titanium purity, the higher the purity is the more expensive to produce. Then it is also being used in many industries due to it properties, in biocompatible usages, aerospace’s, space technology, mechanical .....etc.... Ok, you are right, it isn’t just at this step that Titanium is being expensive either. It is the next

When titanium is produced, it is in sheets and rods, other shapes such as a brick, you will need to special orders. But this still isn’t enough to make it expensive either.....

This final step, for example, most of titanium being used around the industry are alloy, and not pure. Because being alloys, they can be easier to produce in special shapes, sizes, etc.....But Pure titanium ? Can only be Milled into shape. You would be surprised to see how hard it is to Mill Pure Titanium, and it is visually easily seen by eyes. Grinding a chunk of Stainless Steel gives off just a bit of sparks....but try that in titanium and you have a whole hell lot of sparks that can even burn down the shop......

So****
, it also needs special processing to mill Pure titanium into chassis shapes. It includes special drill bits and heads, special machines being set up, special cooling oils and liquids.....and not only that, you will need a large quantity of Bits and Heads to mill the Titanium. It is because Titanium is so hard, and yet also textile, it will wear down your heads and bits ways faster than any other materials, take stainless steel for example

Then Finally, The answer to why Titanium is being a premium materials ? Especially for chassis ? Because pure titanium is harder to produce and make, and even Harder to Mill into chassis shapes. I am highly confident that Ibasso uses ”pure titanium”, because Ibasso did so on DX200Ti

So, while you can say Titanium is plenty in earth resources, you will not be able to find things that are made of Titanium specifically being ”pure titanium” to be cheap....can you ? Again, remember, most of them are Alloys, and not Pure titanium either
Commercially pure Ti should have >99% of Ti and usually 'non-pure' alloys includes stainless steel as SS almost doesn't change outter 'Ti' look . Did anybody try to hold magnet to MAX3Ti chassis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back