iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 10, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #2,342 of 5,022
I bought Neutron yesterday and it is indeed a really great player after I applied your recommended settings. A bit fuller sounding than pure Mango OS but still clear and detailed. I applied 16 x oversampling.

The thing I don’t understand is when oversampling 24/192, the DAP output is 705,6 kHz like it’s a 44,1 multiple instead of 768 kHz a multiple of 48 kHz. When I play a 24/96 track, it shows the correct 768 kHz frequency.

Do you have an idea of what is wrong?405A106B-CCF4-47D0-84AA-00A0AA438CB0.jpeg
@dmitrykos can you please look what could be wrong with settings? Thanks

Sep 10, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #2,343 of 5,022
I have a library of different formats am I expected to keep changing these settings?

Is there a minimal setting I can put to cover most things?

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,345 of 5,022
Guys I tried USB DAC mode again. It works by not plugging the usb before switching to usb dac mode. But the problem is after you exit, twice I lost the sound from the right earphone and had to restart the unit twice to get it back. And one instance is after exiting USB dac mode, it won't output music aside from hissing and crackling.
You need post in the other thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx300max-report-thread-for-issues-with-fw.959504/page-2

What software are you using?
Looks like win driver issues.

Could be. I am using windows 10, razer blade laptop
No issues on old windows 10 tablet /laptop, except for when digital battery went low and was still on only because of laptop.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #2,346 of 5,022
What I found lately is that instead of DSD512. You can try a good microSD like MicronSD, a good source of recordings from 44.1Khz and beyond. Using Neutron OverSampling with dithering, and Digital filters, the highest CPU processing….the performances isn’t much behind DSD512 at all.

The quality MicroSD is very important here if you like Quality PCM on portable
I received today my Micron 1TB SD Card, the pricey of the two showing on Mouser, finally, after a 24hrs delay.
I am using Poweramp, but I may try Neutron, in the meantime, the downloads from Tidal for offline hearing alone, sounded so much more dynamic and expansive than compared to my venerable Samsung or San Disk Micro SDCards....

Transferring music now was so much faster as some folks reported too, I was transferring from Google Drive to the Micron disk...very fast, I thought I would be punished in comparison card to card using a card reader.

Finally after putting so much effort in ripping my CD's into lossless, is paying off - and offline streaming is now a joy to listen too. Anyway, I use the excuse of needing a 1TB card for my 3Max to splurge.

What is next - itching for a new headphone but so confused about the choices and the new models coming out ...and easily matching the cost of a 3MAX ti....

Thanks all though for the expert wise on the SD card.......

Attachments

• 20210910_120951.jpg
    20210910_120951.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 10, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #2,348 of 5,022
@dmitrykos can you please look what could be wrong with settings? Thanks
Awaiting some sort of work through to get the correct settings if Dmitrykos can advise. Love the sound of Neutron but need to experience it at its top level of correct playback.

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #2,349 of 5,022
I received today my Micron 1TB SD Card, the pricey of the two showing on Mouser, finally, after a 24hrs delay.
I am using Poweramp, but I may try Neutron, in the meantime, the downloads from Tidal for offline hearing alone, sounded so much more dynamic and expansive than compared to my venerable Samsung or San Disk Micro SDCards....

Transferring music now was so much faster as some folks reported too, I was transferring from Google Drive to the Micron disk...very fast, I thought I would be punished in comparison card to card using a card reader.

Finally after putting so much effort in ripping my CD's into lossless, is paying off - and offline streaming is now a joy to listen too. Anyway, I use the excuse of needing a 1TB card for my 3Max to splurge.

What is next - itching for a new headphone but so confused about the choices and the new models coming out ...and easily matching the cost of a 3MAX ti....

I’m in the same boat as you are… almost bought the Focal Clear MG but held off after hearing Bass was a bit thin. Now looking at the Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 which look like great contenders. Not sure what else currently…

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,350 of 5,022

Welcome to the family of Ibasso fan base 😆. We are a crazy bunch!!!

I am glad you are enjoying it as much as I do. Cheers!!

Headphones ? You may want to give the Sennheiser HD800s a spin (My end game) !! You may be surprised at how well it can perform with the MAXes , and it doesn’t cost the price of a Titanium 😆

Check out why HD800S is my endgame here

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #2,351 of 5,022
Rosson Audio Design RAD-0
I wishing picking the right color would be the only challenge, but it gets complicated with the cabling too, do I stick with 3.5m or do 4.4m and only will fit on the Ibasso dap I have or do i want MMCX with 3.5mm so I can maybe use with my Shure...or go with 2pin, and then what happend if I switch later headphones.....the issue for each little gadget the sky is the limit...and we buy sight unseen...at these prices....isn't it crazy really? ...and the pre-order frenzy for everything...

This hobby is not for the faint hearted or the light wallet...hehe...and it is only early September!!!! ...will black friday specials push us all over the edge...lol

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #2,352 of 5,022
Welcome to the family of Ibasso fan base 😆. We are a crazy bunch!!!

I am glad you are enjoying it as much as I do. Cheers!!

Headphones ? You may want to give the Sennheiser HD800s a spin (My end game) !! You may be surprised at how well it can perform with the MAXes , and it doesn’t cost the price of a Titanium 😆

Check out why HD800S is my endgame here
hehe... I enjoy it...perfect company for happy hour and mapping out the game plan how to make ibass dap even better. I was tempted to get the ti, but i literally got my SS, there would be absolutely no justification to get a Ti...except using both as possible bookends when not in use...lol

I saw that you are an advocate for the Sennheiser - but my eyes are wandering around....especially with the latest and greatest....EE Evo, Meze Empyrian Elite, Stealth...Vision Ears Phoenix...all sight unseen and unheard...and pre-orders and what not...lol...

But i think i follow your lead...patience...restraint...observe....radar in on the bounty (one will know when you know) and then be merciless and get that trophy...in your case DMax300 ti....lol....

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #2,353 of 5,022
hehe... I enjoy it...perfect company for happy hour and mapping out the game plan how to make ibass dap even better. I was tempted to get the ti, but i literally got my SS, there would be absolutely no justification to get a Ti...except using both as possible bookends when not in use...lol

I saw that you are an advocate for the Sennheiser - but my eyes are wandering around....especially with the latest and greatest....EE Evo, Meze Empyrian Elite, Stealth...Vision Ears Phoenix...all sight unseen and unheard...and pre-orders and what not...lol...

But i think i follow your lead...patience...restraint...observe....radar in on the bounty (one will know when you know) and then be merciless and get that trophy...in your case DMax300 ti....lol....
The final goals shouldn’t be the only mark to look forward to, the journey is what count. It is much better to experiences anything that peak your interests. This hobby is a rabbit hole. Then them rabbits usually welcome “newcomers” with their whole linage, they will just all be tempting. Take your time, enjoy them all, then collectively trimming down to a few to chase.

It is really fun!! And don’t forget to wipe your wallet tears once in a while 😆😆

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #2,354 of 5,022
To the sd card experts,

Please confirm that this is the model number I should order from Micron (not CS) in 512 gb capacity:

MTSD512AKC7MS-1WT​

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back