iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 8, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2,131 of 5,021
The mathematical-physical description of sound (in terms of parameters like frequency or amplitude) is one thing, the perception of sound another, i.e. a matter of neural pathways which are not identical for the same physical sound.
This is one of the other exact things. Band limitations properties existed even in our own Neural systems , and then other bio structure differences and so on. That is why it is such a subjective thing. However, relying on mathematical models is how we are getting here, and needless to say that many people is still sticking to goodly old vinyl and a turn table for their own reason :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #2,132 of 5,021
So one of the debate that is strongly setting analog recording differently to digital is that, quantization has errors in every element of the chains with the most important factor being the algorithms and interpolations. There can never be enough tap-length as it keeps on going to infinity

Then analog is utilizing pure waves pressures that moved the microphones and imprinting it onto a wax substances, or by converting it to pure electrical signals that is with magnetism to record in tapes. Both of these recording techniques are as analog as it gets because the continuous wave forms are preserved as much as it gets without the involvement of guessing and calculations of maths !!!

But each of these has it pros and cons. Without digital, our world technologies is not at this point , certainly not that we can have the internet and sit on our ass and be keyboard warriors LoL!!!

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #2,134 of 5,021
Ero must make you feel wet from the bass. /s

On a side note. 820grams
20210908_130215.jpg

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #2,135 of 5,021
So back to the 300 Max Ti, anyone spotted or heard anything else different from the SS other than ERO capacitor thing?
Beside ERO Capacitors which is Films capacitors. There appears to be Polymer or Film capacitors of other brand at the first stage of the power supply VS the SS is having one single Stage of Coupling. There also appears to have the output capacitors to be with modern ERO film caps (Vishay) and other film caps VS the SS which utilize Phillips Electrolytic

from many experiences passing down and even within the engineers themselves, film capacitors are the real capacitors without cheating, and also coincidentally is the best one for sound performances

So from this point on, allow me to skip the “neither deny nor confirm” status. Technically the Titanium has a better build and hence it is an upgrade under my view. Why have I been waiting for titanium all this time ? :wink:

Subjective performances will need to have it at my hands first

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #2,136 of 5,021
Beside ERO Capacitors which is Films capacitors. There appears to be Polymer or Film capacitors of other brand at the first stage of the power supply VS the SS is having one single Stage of Coupling. There also appears to have the output capacitors to be with ERO film caps and other film caps VS the SS which utilize Phillips Electrolytic

from many experiences passing down and even within the engineers themselves, film capacitors are the real capacitors without cheating, and also coincidentally is the best one for sound performances
So technically we all expect it to likely exceed SS, which is still hard to believe cause SS is already impressive.

Any idea on how this might impact tunings? All I can think is a more balanced approach without the bass boost, and perhaps slightly more W-shaped sound, which could be interesting.

Congrats to all who snagged one! Except @aaf evo

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #2,137 of 5,021
Beside ERO Capacitors which is Films capacitors. There appears to be Polymer or Film capacitors of other brand at the first stage of the power supply VS the SS is having one single Stage of Coupling. There also appears to have the output capacitors to be with modern ERO film caps (Vishay) and other film caps VS the SS which utilize Phillips Electrolytic

Do you think the amp board is different?

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #2,138 of 5,021
Yeah are all these upgrades just a thd/imd thing we won't notice subjectively?

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #2,139 of 5,021
Do you think the amp board is different?
Not from that I have seen.

So technically we all expect it to likely exceed SS, which is still hard to believe cause SS is already impressive.

Any idea on how this might impact tunings? All I can think is a more balanced approach without the bass boost, and perhaps slightly more W-shaped sound, which could be interesting.

There is no way to tell, and can’t even start to speculate. The only speculation I would expect is from Titanium chassis. From my limited experiences, Titanium as a chassis is unique with it sound signatures. Call me whatever you want, and I prefer that you experience the differences for yourself rather than agreeing with me. Try N6ii Titanium with R01 compare to aluminum and see, or try DX200 PCB swapping into Titanium

Titanium sound properties: Neutral, great extensions in both ends but especially more into the upper frequencies but very smoothly done. The transients is super speedy. So the overall conclusion is Titanium carries a neutral, airy and resolving signatures. If I was Ibasso, I would maximize the details, textures, smoothness together with the bites, the airiness, the cues of imagings, and most importantly is the soundstage. But that is coming from a desires of a tweaker and modder. In reality, there are trade off, and limitations….then even the tuner and tweaker will have their own personal preferences. I just hope that this Titanium will bring Ibasso House sound back to what I used to love from DX200Ti….Neutral, resolving, airiness, great clarity and fidelity. When all of those are done right, dynamic will be a given on a systems that has dedicated setting and power supplies as MAX

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #2,140 of 5,021

I just hope the Ti doesn't sound too radically different from the SS. 🤞

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #2,141 of 5,021

There is no way to tell, and can’t even start to speculate. The only speculation I would expect is from Titanium chassis. From my limited experiences, Titanium as a chassis is unique with it sound signatures. Call me whatever you want, and I prefer that you experience the differences for yourself rather than agreeing with me. Try N6ii Titanium with R01 compare to aluminum and see, or try DX200 PCB swapping into Titanium

Titanium sound properties: Neutral, great extensions in both ends but especially more into the upper frequencies but very smoothly done. The transients is super speedy. So the overall conclusion is Titanium carries a neutral, airy and resolving signatures. If I was Ibasso, I would maximize the details, textures, smoothness together with the bites, the airiness, the cues of imagings, and most importantly is the soundstage. But that is coming from a desires of a tweaker and modder. In reality, there are trade off, and limitations….then even the tuner and tweaker will have their own personal preferences. I just hope that this Titanium will bring Ibasso House sound back to what I used to love from DX200Ti….Neutral, resolving, airiness, great clarity and fidelity. When all of those are done right, dynamic will be a given on a systems that has dedicated setting as MAX
Could also EMI difference between SS and Ti impact streaming performances? :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #2,142 of 5,021
Could also EMI difference between SS and Ti impact streaming performances? :)
I can’t tell you much, just from the technicalities of things, I doubt it. However, the overall impacts on different sound signatures will still be imposed. So, if you say Ti is an improved from SS, then even streaming music, the Ti is still going to be superior

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #2,143 of 5,021

Titanium sound properties: Neutral, great extensions in both ends but especially more into the upper frequencies but very smoothly done. The transients is super speedy. So the overall conclusion is Titanium carries a neutral, airy and resolving signatures. If I was Ibasso, I would maximize the details, textures, smoothness together with the bites, the airiness, the cues of imagings, and most importantly is the soundstage. But that is coming from a desires of a tweaker and modder. In reality, there are trade off, and limitations….then even the tuner and tweaker will have their own personal preferences. I just hope that this Titanium will bring Ibasso House sound back to what I used to love from DX200Ti….Neutral, resolving, airiness, great clarity and fidelity. When all of those are done right, dynamic will be a given on a systems that has dedicated setting and power supplies as MAX

I am hoping to see similar differences on the 3Max Ti as we saw on the 200 Ti over the regular 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back