iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 18, 2021 at 12:49 AM Post #2,986 of 5,016
Guys i need help. My 3max is charging the Digital side extremely slow now. I tried different chargers and uninstalling almost everything and tried charging it while shut down. Its been more than 12 hours and still 80% from 50% yesterday. Is my 3max about to die? So dissappointed now
Might be a bad circuit. Maybe try charging at another location? Maybe a different room or even a different place all together.

I have the same issue with any electronic device out in my shop. There is something wrong with the 20amp circuit out there and I cannot charge any of my tools in my shop. I have to run an extension cord from inside or charge them inside my home.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #2,987 of 5,016
Guys i need help. My 3max is charging the Digital side extremely slow now. I tried different chargers and uninstalling almost everything and tried charging it while shut down. Its been more than 12 hours and still 80% from 50% yesterday. Is my 3max about to die? So dissappointed now
Not surprised even my DX300 also got charging issue. I sent it for RMA.

Sep 18, 2021 at 12:54 AM Post #2,988 of 5,016
Disagree here. The 3Max Ti is up there with many full size desktop systems. It may falls just short in macro dynamics and slam to the very best amp/DAC out there. However, it is up there with many full-size DAC/amp systems in my collection in term of spatial cues, sense of air around each instrument, depth of staging, and micro details. Plus, none of the Ti is fully burn in yet. So it should get even better!
I don’t entirely disagree with that. Yes sure, without even consideration, I know the 3Maxes will be better than SOME desktop systems, though I don’t know any. But the ones I do know, the likes of dCS and from what I hear about the Soulution systems being even better, I’m afraid the 3Maxes fall far short. But then, who would spend north or $60K to listen to IEMS? Moot point really, more academic than real world arguments.

Sep 18, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #2,990 of 5,016
I find the 3MAX bulkiness argument completely absurd especially from Head-Fi'ers who routinely demonstrate expert and in-depth historical knowledge of DAP releases from various manufacturers.

DX300MAX/Ti's predecessor, the DX220MAX - the photos and use of the term "MAX" should be obvious of what you're buying into - it's limited, it's thick, bulky, chunky, substantial etc, on extreme of what some consider portable, it's makes a resounding statement of the best from iBasso.

If you wanted slim and sleek, it's obvious the MAX ain't it.

Side note - the 3MAX effectively replaces my DX312 + C9 hot stack and Eletech interconnects with it's glorious bulkiness.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #2,991 of 5,016
Have you tried different USB C cables? I have a couple that don't work very well for charging. Also my battery wasn't fully charging and I just kept using the MAX as normal, on battery and during charging and it is working fine now. Batteries often need to be conditioned when new.

Sep 18, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #2,992 of 5,016
But I am sure the development will not go to waste. I can’t imagine it being wasted, if Ibasso can have it done this good already, then there will be more to come. This is not the end of it, but is a beginning of something more, just wait for it
Unfortunately, this will be the last ibasso implementation of arguably the best Delta Sigma chip. That means they either go the Chord/Sony route for dac section, or R2R...
Maybe settle for the more power hungry ESS chip.

? 3Max SS is $1.1K cheaper
On that note, you could prob have the SS audio board upgraded for less than $1.1k

If I had a product that I knew was superior and I could manufacture at a cheaper price than the competition, AND people would buy it then I would make the hell out of them. I just don't get it. Something is missing in this equation
Yes, the AKM dac chip is missing.
Arguably the best DS chip made.

Missing? the chips! Even car manufactures are putting off releases. Try to find a mid engine corvette. No chips, no car. No chips, no dap.
With past burned down chip factories, looks like chip shortage won't go away anytime soon.

Beyond that, the 3M/Ti, or even the DMP-Z1, cannot compete in the realm of desktops.
First you need to try for yourself.
Once you have your dap returned from repair, and burned it in properly for about 200hrs, and then test that line out into your system...
Then you can tell us what you think. 👍

I didn’t mean to bring another DAP to devalue the 3Maxes (3M/Ti) here
Don't worry there is no other dap that can devalue the sound. Only the portability, but this was always viewed as a "transportable" dap, not so much a portable one.

numerous break downs reported of the 3M/Ti.
Sorry for your misfortune experience, but it is a common misconception to read 4-5 owners complain and think that way. In reality, if you take those (maybe 5 ) owners, and view it in contrast to 500units, then it's one unit for every hundred. In actuality, no one knows the actual percentage, when you factor in possible user error or mishandling. Like any product.

Does this make the 3M/Ti an end game DAP? Not by a long country mile.
Why not? Based on what criteria? Looks? Size? It is easily an end game dap if we consider what you already stated it superior sounding.
I understand you may feel an "end game" dap needs to be perfect in every way? Other than sonically?

Since when has anyone owned any "end-game" desktop item that was "perfect"?
I Know if you plug in the 3Max from the balance out, you actually have a superior source for your desktop.

You have eliminated countless issues in the chain. From storage, to OS, to software, to player, to connection methods (usb/optical/etc), to adapters, to dac unit. HUGE amount of problems just bypassed and avoided!
That's what the dap can do.

Minimizing components in the chain is the main advantage and key why I see the Dap having advantages over "desktop source" systems. Not amp or speakers, but the source.

The windows laptop(!) issues alone is huge.
Here is some of the computer issues, which I had accumulated from other posters:

"The issues with a computer can vary.
Because Windows (by default) does not reserve enough processing power for Audio, it needs ASIO and WASAPI Exclusive Mode, which is better because Windows won't corrupt it like it sometimes does in ASIO, despite any efforts to prevent it.
So Windows may occasionally switch detected dac as Default Sound & communications Device, in which case windows will resample PCM for sure, insidiously resampling the audio stream, having damaged sound of Windows resampling algorithms.

Even if you reassign the "Default Devices" to some other unused sound device, (unused/spare dac interface), Windows may occasionally switch back without warning to the dac you are trying to protect.

Whatever the OS Generation of Windows, there is always disk swaps during process, and windows services/applications, and background processes, which is how windows natively works. Even if you try fix into the OS with no Swap and big Ram, it somewhere needs it !

There is embeded smps and noise, complex path of the signal, pipes process latency, CPU energy saving controls, USB power noise. SPDIF/Optical transmission/jitter issues"

So for me, I was satisfied to go the "Dap as source" route. In that sense, it can play with desktop, and win.

Again, I am not slamming the 3M/Ti;
Actually, as read your post was both positive and negative, back and forth.
End result seemed a bit disgruntled but of course thats understandable and I hope you can still enjoy your unit once all said & done.

. And does it compare with some desktop units that are very good yes without a question. In my opinion
Me too. Without question, most easily.
With the right headphone/IEM of choice. The requirement is only to have a headphone/IEM that is capable.

if you seriously think that the 3M/Ti compares with desktop rigs, even just decent ones, you. have. no. clue. Enjoy the good life in that little bubble
Come-on , we all have had experience with great desktop rigs, no doubt.
I have some great memories with these sources:
Screenshot_20210917-231829.jpg
😊
Screenshot_20210918-000207.jpg
😊
Screenshot_20210917-233828.jpg
😊
Screenshot_20210917-232533.jpg
😊Screenshot_20210917-234919.jpg
😊Screenshot_20210917-231341.jpg
😯😊
And they were all fantastic sources.
I'm sure you guys been thru similar and better. I just wanted excuse to post pics lol. But seriously,
The experience of speakers to headphones is different, yet actually not lesser than the other. We can focus on the recording more with headphones IMO.
No room ambiance to add into the mix.

Dude, I don't want to get into spitting match with you but you don’t put up any arguments to back your opinions
No problem we can understand choices can also be personal.
Also, the position can go both ways. We would also need arguments, to back up that existing Daps "still*(?) cannot reach desktop status.

I believe not only this 3Max, but quite a few other top Daps have already done so, and people are slowly waking up to this.

This is a Huge threat to the desktop market, if all you need is a top Dap with balanced line out to your rig/system.

Thats how I do it now, with my tube amps. Easy-peasy end game sound.
Did it with the Sony WM1Z, then the ibasso 220max. Now with this 300max. Great sound.

Maybe all we need now, is some side-by-side tests(!) 😯🙂

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #2,993 of 5,016
Have you tried different USB C cables? I have a couple that don't work very well for charging. Also my battery wasn't fully charging and I just kept using the MAX as normal, on battery and during charging and it is working fine now. Batteries often need to be conditioned when new.
Tried it with different cables, charger and outlets.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #2,995 of 5,016
@Maxx134, way long to quote your post, but thank you for a well-thought and lucid response, I appreciate it.
1. I have my doubts, but will certainly give the 3MTi every chance when I get my replacement unit back and well burnt-in along with the Micron card.

2. We need to define what is 'end game' and 'desktop status' here. Easy one first. End game. To me, that's the be all and end all. The fat lady's grand finale. The ring that rules them all. That's all folks. Everyone can pack it up and go home. In that context, surely not the 3Maxes or anything under the sun for that matter is end game material. I sure as hell pray not, I am fully expecting ever better gear around the corner!

3. Desktop status. I don't recognize some of your gear, but I am basing my opinion/argument on my own set-up built around the dCS Puccini + U-Clock on Goldmund monoblocks and preamp, quite modest, nowhere close to TOTL. Listening to music familiar to me, and here I must state this it is by memory since I got rid of them during my boys' terrible twos and threes to move to head-fi, I was not convinced that my DMP-Z1, which is really good, can compare, not by specs and numbers or facts and all, just how the music sounds to my ears. I 'judged' the 3MTi drawing from those experiences. Yes it is subjective, could be unreasonably biased, or swayed by some subconscious sentimentality even. Or how do you even compare headphones/IEMS with speakers? Nevertheless, my gut tells me though, I am not way off on that call. Sorry if you don't agree.

4. 5 units out of 500 is 1%. In contrast, how many SP1Ks, 2Ks, etc, did AK sell? Ten times? More? Perhaps it's just me, but I can't remember anyone ever having to send their new-ish AKs back for repair or replacement. So the % is a fraction of what I have heard so far about the 3Maxes. Ergo, my point about the iBasso Maxes being less stable and an experiment, which I would gladly sign up for again and again, even in hindsight, no regrets! But that doesn't change the stats on the stability of the thing, man.

5. Windows. I feel you. Mac guy here. :)

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #2,996 of 5,016
I must be around 70 hours now. If you think that you are having Micro-Macro Dynamics with 3MTi, at 70 hours burn in, it comes in Aces!!!! Oh ghost. The sub bass extensions co to use to evolve with this dynamic delivery !! Unbelievable already

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #2,997 of 5,016
@Maxx134, way long to quote your post, but thank you for a well-thought and lucid response, I appreciate it.
1. I have my doubts, but will certainly give the 3MTi every chance when I get my replacement unit back and well burnt-in along with the Micron card.

2. We need to define what is 'end game' and 'desktop status' here. Easy one first. End game. To me, that's the be all and end all. The fat lady's grand finale. The ring that rules them all. That's all folks. Everyone can pack it up and go home. In that context, surely not the 3Maxes or anything under the sun for that matter is end game material. I sure as hell pray not, I am fully expecting ever better gear around the corner!

3. Desktop status. I don't recognize some of your gear, but I am basing my opinion/argument on my own set-up built around the dCS Puccini + U-Clock on Goldmund monoblocks and preamp, quite modest, nowhere close to TOTL. Listening to music familiar to me, and here I must state this it is by memory since I got rid of them during my boys' terrible twos and threes to move to head-fi, I was not convinced that my DMP-Z1, which is really good, can compare, not by specs and numbers or facts and all, just how the music sounds to my ears. I 'judged' the 3MTi drawing from those experiences. Yes it is subjective, could be unreasonably biased, or swayed by some subconscious sentimentality even. Or how do you even compare headphones/IEMS with speakers? Nevertheless, my gut tells me though, I am not way off on that call. Sorry if you don't agree.

4. 5 units out of 500 is 1%. In contrast, how many SP1Ks, 2Ks, etc, did AK sell? Ten times? More? Perhaps it's just me, but I can't remember anyone ever having to send their new-ish AKs back for repair or replacement. So the % is a fraction of what I have heard so far about the 3Maxes. Ergo, my point about the iBasso Maxes being less stable and an experiment, which I would gladly sign up for again and again, even in hindsight, no regrets! But that doesn't change the stats on the stability of the thing, man.

5. Windows. I feel you. Mac guy here. :)

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #2,998 of 5,016
Ok… whos’ Ti booted up first time in Chinese? Anyone confirm? And was apk Pure already downloaded on the unit?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #2,999 of 5,016
I must be around 70 hours now. If you think that you are having Micro-Macro Dynamics with 3MTi, at 70 hours burn in, it comes in Aces!!!! Oh ghost. The sub bass extensions co to use to evolve with this dynamic delivery !! Unbelievable already
I thought with my "ignorant" ears I wouldn't detect the effect of burning but I am also pleasantly surprised with my "lower" class SS :) ...that the DAP is getting better, even more refined and dynamic...and as someone mentioned Harry Styles track... "Adore You"....wow. I do feel like I am milking my Shure SE846 for all it can do....even with a recent upgrade to a Meze cable so I cannot wait to upgrade to a new headphone or IEM.

The 128gb onboard storage size was initially a concern - as I felt a flagship should have been given more e.g. 256 to 512gb - but with the help of this board, locating the perfect SD Card, I guess - my issues were resolved, so I am a happy camper.

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #3,000 of 5,016
im done with Ibasso. Amazing sound I agree. I loved the dx200. but the problems I had with it has been the same to this day of release. Surely they can get the software right yet?y. And it affects people who are paying top dollar. Hats off to all you Ti owners. I envy you. But my last stand with a DAP at this price and premium, id expect perfect functuality. Mods aside. Ibasso isnt new to DAP's, but at least provide something that (as sounds great) at least perform great. Get your poo together. I'll buy something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back