iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 15, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #2,747 of 5,021
Hi friends, I contacted to Vishnu Leather Craft.

I asked and they can make the case for 300MAX approximately 170$.
But they haven't the size data yet, so they couldn't make it.
Maybe in next month, I will visit their work station and provide my 3MAX Ti and Basic case..

After I make an order for my Vishnu case of 3MAX, you guys probably can order from them.
'Cause they have data of it at that time :D

Thanks in advance! Now I also asked Valentinum on Etsy and they also have plans to make a case, probably waiting for a DX300MAX to show up as well.

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #2,748 of 5,021
I wouldn’t mind a different case color the my MAX, though the included case is quite smashing and fond of the slate blue color.

Hermès Orange comes to mind to coordinate with my other Hermès leathers, LOL.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #2,750 of 5,021
I will show the picture when I get my order from there
If Vishnu could also make magnetic latches / flip covers like Valentium, that would be so awesome.

Sep 15, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #2,751 of 5,021
It is inevitable to have top models like SP2K mentioned in top dap threads like this one.. (It looks sexy too).
Here we see one opinion that reminded me about it.
I never liked the SP2K, and I am not against it, just the performances wasn’t up to snoops…..the 3MTi is a very different beast, literally, and in everything that it does
Most top daps are always beautiful daps but time & tech keeps progressing. Therefore let us see if technology applied gives clues.

Everyone wants to throw stones at the king once a new contender enters, lol.
Yes, it is time to throw stones at the old guard and previous kings, so that they can wake up and take notice.
Competition is a good thing.

According to here, no (4499 is a 4 channel DAC). That diagram also shows how much of this DAC was wasted on SP2000, using only 2 channels at a time out of 8:

https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/con...scg=CG210180&spos=0&tcg=&tpos=0&gcode=SC35590

Here we see some partial limitations on dac chip implementations, as a solution to save battery.
Yet remember that the most power hungry dac chip is the ESS 9038Pro chip, Thus more difficult to implement (more than one chip) in a dap.

like A&K where they add two DACs and only utilise 25% of the channels at a time (half of a single DAC), yet claim to have two AK4499 chips
These type compromises was most likely viewed as a solution, as most specs "on paper", would not suffer from it.
Yet we can agree this is not the full and optimal implementation of the dac chip. It's a bit disappointing because of the rarity of the chip.

It is important to note, that the AKM 4499 DAC chip uses entirely different topology from ALL of AKM's past version chips...

All previous chips (4493, 4497, etc) are voltage output designs, but the 4499 is a current output design.

This gives a totally different, and technically superior output transfer, which directly affecting sound quality, (and subsequently, the sound signature), compared ANY other past AKM based DACs.

Unfortunately, few if any desktop dacs took advantage of this chip before it now became extinct. Yes it is to be now considered past "endangered", and now entering "extinct" status.

. Also think about the battery life: SP2000 has a tiny battery, and AK4499 is a TOTL desktop DAC
I can agree this was the main reason for design choices.
Battery life needed to be salvaged.
Therefore, dac power needed to be less, and also output amp power is limited due to battery.

These are similar problems of most Daps:
Not enough battery
Not enough output power
Older dac chips
Not enough dac chips (single)
Portable dac chips
Old tech (no FPGA)

Here is a great link to dap comparison chart lists:

As far as technical comparisons to the 300max, it is clear that (currently) the iBasso 300Max takes the throne, with full implementation of the AKM chip, and FPGA control, and high output power, and with more battery.
😯🙂

With the loss of the flagship AKM 4499 chip(EOL), the 300max series may enter collector status, as the most technically complete implementation of the AKM Dap.
😳

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #2,752 of 5,021
Got a Ti today. Worth the wait. Superior.

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #2,753 of 5,021
On the Ibasso 3MAXSS, ai would not suggest to put the volume at 80.

On my planar headphones lcd-xc & he6se v2, maxing out the digital volume seems to be giving me a much better layered presentation, bass detail & control, and overall better behavior from the headphones.....Especially the lcd-xc wow this somehow has re-ignited my use of this headphone.

Is the current supplied tied to the digital battery section? Or is this a matter of digital bits lost?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #2,754 of 5,021
On the Ibasso 3MAXSS, ai would not suggest to put the volume at 80.

On my planar headphones lcd-xc & he6se v2, maxing out the digital volume seems to be giving me a much better layered presentation, bass detail & control, and overall better behavior from the headphones.....Especially the lcd-xc wow this somehow has re-ignited my use of this headphone.

Is the current supplied tied to the digital battery section? Or is this a matter of digital bits lost?
I am thinking that the digital attenuations on the 3Max is pretty good. You can try a “Bypass analog pot” mode and see

Just maximize the volume on the analog pot, then utilize the DaC volume instead.

What I am thinking is that the Analog pot itself has it own elements. At a certain % it works better than at another. However, I do find that “high gain” is giving the most dynamic sound and “low gain” is giving the most soundstage depth.

Also, analog pot by pass gives a lot more airiness, crisp textures, clarity and extensions, greater layering as well! Then I found out about the analog pot variations at a certain %. At some % it sounds closer to the bypass mode, and at some others it doesn’t . But that is just me and my 800s. So feel free to explore it, and scale it the way you think is giving the best performances.

Got a Ti today. Worth the wait. Superior.
congratulations!!! Welcome to the club!! Now we need pictures

It is inevitable to have top models like SP2K mentioned in top dap threads like this one.. (It looks sexy too).
Here we see one opinion that reminded me about it.

Most top daps are always beautiful daps but time & tech keeps progressing. Therefore let us see if technology applied gives clues.

Yes, it is time to throw stones at the old guard and previous kings, so that they can wake up and take notice.
Competition is a good thing.

Here we see some partial limitations on dac chip implementations, as a solution to save battery.
Yet remember that the most power hungry dac chip is the ESS 9038Pro chip, Thus more difficult to implement (more than one chip) in a dap.

These type compromises was most likely viewed as a solution, as most specs "on paper", would not suffer from it.
Yet we can agree this is not the full and optimal implementation of the dac chip. It's a bit disappointing because of the rarity of the chip.

It is important to note, that the AKM 4499 DAC chip uses entirely different topology from ALL of AKM's past version chips...

All previous chips (4493, 4497, etc) are voltage output designs, but the 4499 is a current output design.

This gives a totally different, and technically superior output transfer, which directly affecting sound quality, (and subsequently, the sound signature), compared ANY other past AKM based DACs.

Unfortunately, few if any desktop dacs took advantage of this chip before it now became extinct. Yes it is to be now considered past "endangered", and now entering "extinct" status.

I can agree this was the main reason for design choices.
Battery life needed to be salvaged.
Therefore, dac power needed to be less, and also output amp power is limited due to battery.

These are similar problems of most Daps:
Not enough battery
Not enough output power
Older dac chips
Not enough dac chips (single)
Portable dac chips
Old tech (no FPGA)

Here is a great link to dap comparison chart lists:

As far as technical comparisons to the 300max, it is clear that (currently) the iBasso 300Max takes the throne, with full implementation of the AKM chip, and FPGA control, and high output power, and with more battery.
😯
🙂

With the loss of the flagship AKM 4499 chip(EOL), the 300max series may enter collector status, as the most technically complete implementation of the AKM Dap.
😳
Well said !!! But then there can only be better !!! It is just a matter of times !!!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #2,755 of 5,021
I have turned on ultimate mode, and charged continuously with both on burning in! I don’t have the same issues. Are you sure you are using a good charger ?

I also leave ultimate mode on with it on the charger and it’s just fine. The digital battery should not be the one draining also if anything, it would be the analogue battery, no?

No issue for me.

Ultimate Mode On
DAC....80 ____95
Gain L
D Filter 5
Use as USB DAC.....Note9 Streaming Quobuz.

Do chores from 1130. To 1700. Dac goes down 48% left.
Analog like 86% left.
That's what I thought! But it appears that the digital is draining faster than the analogue. And worse, I just plugged in and without anything playing, there is static background noises. On playing anything, I am not getting on the right IEM. Left IEM sounded off too. Turning Ultimate Mode off reduced both noise and weirdness but still nothing from right IEM. I remember reading someone having the same issues; what was it?

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #2,756 of 5,021
That's what I thought! But it appears that the digital is draining faster than the analogue. And worse, I just plugged in and without anything playing, there is static background noises. On playing anything, I am not getting on the right IEM. Left IEM sounded off too. Turning Ultimate Mode off reduced both noise and weirdness but still nothing from right IEM. I remember reading someone having the same issues; what was it?
Try restarting.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #2,757 of 5,021
Finally here! #43 checking in

C5A56AF3-191C-4CB3-B185-B283D22C3E0A.jpeg
113FB7B4-4C11-48F1-9B23-A9357C2BB075.jpeg

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #2,759 of 5,021
Finally here! #43 checking in

C5A56AF3-191C-4CB3-B185-B283D22C3E0A.jpeg
113FB7B4-4C11-48F1-9B23-A9357C2BB075.jpeg
Welcome and congratulations on receiving your Ti. You've been added to the owners listing and I'm wishing you many happy hours of listening 🎶

Users who are viewing this thread

Back