iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Aug 15, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #737 of 5,021
Do you think the C9 has greater driving power on its own vs the 300 Max? Would make sense since the former is a dedicated amp but still curious :)
Yes. The C9 has a greater driving power than the MAX300. They are useful to each other but I feel that the MAX300 is best on its own. Its got its own unique sound signature and soundstage and is plenty powerful enough to drive a majority of headphones and IEM's with thunderous results. When the C9 is attached though, yes, things are amplified to an awesome degree and the sound is outstanding. With also a facility to play with the sound via A/AB and Tube its a great facility. But MAX on its own is not very far off the when paired with the C9. I am going to swap out my Micro SD Card today from my N6ii into the MAX as it has my CD collection on it. Then I'll play via Mango and see how all pans out. I'm expecting another pleasant surprise.

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #738 of 5,021
Yes. The C9 has a greater driving power than the MAX300. They are useful to each other but I feel that the MAX300 is best on its own. Its got its own unique sound signature and soundstage and is plenty powerful enough to drive a majority of headphones and IEM's with thunderous results. When the C9 is attached though, yes, things are amplified to an awesome degree and the sound is outstanding. With also a facility to play with the sound via A/AB and Tube its a great facility. But MAX on its own is not very far off the when paired with the C9. I am going to swap out my Micro SD Card today from my N6ii into the MAX as it has my CD collection on it. Then I'll play via Mango and see how all pans out. I'm expecting another pleasant surprise.
Interested to hear how you go with the C9 + 300Max :L3000:

Aug 15, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #739 of 5,021
Is the C9 power output far ahead enough to make it, a desktop solution for planars' plankton presentation?

If not, the Max & the C9 should be at the same tier for demanding dynamic headphones and easy to drive planars.

(other than using the C9 for its presentation)

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #740 of 5,021
Is the C9 power output far ahead enough to make it, a desktop solution for planars' plankton presentation?

If not, the Max & the C9 should be at the same tier for demanding dynamic headphones and easy to drive planars.

(other than using the C9 for its presentation)

I am wondering what should be the use of a C9 plugged to Max as they have more or less same power ? .. a doubtful tube feature ?

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #741 of 5,021
C9 tubes is very good, there isn’t any doubt about it...unless you never auditioned it, and if so, you should try it out and witness how well the tubes are implemented. IME, the C9 is a little more powerful than the Dx220Max, though I dont know about 300Max, but I know that it is using the Amp8 design with new transistors output, and while running on similar voltage rails as the C9, the differences in design architects and implementations will play another roll. This can be observed simply by the battery consumption alone technically, then even the sound performances would be different as well when driving hard to drive headphones like 800S.

The Dx220Max and 300Max are running off possibly 3600mAh packs, where the C9 runs from 12,000mAh juices from those 18650 cells. Both are having very respectable performances, but the C9 doesnt last anywhere near 4-5X times the Dx220Max is. Let’s say the C9 runs in Class A and SS and Balanced where the Dx220Max is also Class A - Balanced. The C9 lasts upto 6-7 hours, and the Max lasts about 10 hours or so. It is clear that the Dx220Max is trading off for more efficient and play time over squeezing out every bit of those powers. The differences between the 2 units are going to be harder to observe when using easy to drive IEMS or buds, surprisingly Not much differences when I tried EX1K where the Z1R shows more of the differences (makes me wonder what gives), and then these differences are clearer when using HD800S.
But then again, if you ask me that should I listen to Dx220Max alone with 800S or stacking up ? I would stack up when I could and as much as possible , unless portability and convenient is needed.
880E7D16-B4F2-4C39-A228-72BD4A6733A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #742 of 5,021
Indian Classical Music on the DX 300 Max paired with The Bird (Oriolus Traillii) is just spectacular. Been listening to a lot of Bollywood too!! Not fully burned in yet but I am smiling ear to ear!

Will do a detailed listening session tonight with Western Classical and Jazz tonight and post.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #743 of 5,021
Indian Classical Music on the DX 300 Max paired with The Bird (Oriolus Traillii) is just spectacular. Been listening to a lot of Bollywood too!! Not fully burned in yet but I am smiling ear to ear!

Will do a detailed listening session tonight with Western Classical and Jazz tonight and post.
Who do you listen to as Indian classical? I listen to recordings of Kala Ramnath, or older recordings like Vilayat Khan, but don't know much strict classical and audiophile / clear recorded music. Would be great if you could recommend some. Could be vocals or other instruments.

My MAX will come tomorrow, so I can prepare some. :)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #744 of 5,021
Hindustani Classical: (North Indian Classical)

1. Shahid Parvez (Sitar)
2. Budhaditya Mukherjee (Sitar)
3. Abhishek Lahiri (Sarode)
4. Arnab Chakrabarty (Sarode)
5. Rashid Khan (Vocal)
6. Bhimsen Joshi (Vocal)
7. Zakir Hussain (Tabla)
8. Yogesh Samsi (Tabla)

Carnatic Classical: (South Indian Classical)
1. TM Krishna (Vocal)
2. Sanjay Subrahmanyan (Vocal)
3. Ramakrishnan Murthy (Vocal)
4. Ramana Balachandran (Veena)
5. Charumathi Raghuraman (Violin)

There are so many more but some of the recordings of these artists on Apple Music, Youtube are amazing. Let me know if you need album specific recommendations :)

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #745 of 5,021
Hindustani Classical:

1. Shahid Parvez (Sitar)
2. Budhaditya Mukherjee (Sitar)
3. Abhishek Lahiri (Sarode)
4. Arnab Chakrabarty (Sarode)
5. Rashid Khan (Vocal)
6. Bhimsen Joshi (Vocal)
7. Zakir Hussain (Tabla)
8. Yogesh Samsi (Tabla)

Carnatic Classical
1. TM Krishna (Vocal)
2. Sanjay Subrahmanyan (Vocal)
3. Ramakrishnan Murthy (Vocal)
4. Ramana Balachandran (Veena)
5. Charumathi Raghuraman (Violin)

There are so many more but some of the recordings of these artists on Apple Music, Youtube are amazing. Let me know if you need album specific recommendations :)
Thank you! For the rest, I might send you a PM. Good to know that there are other people around who don't see classical music just as western classical music. Cheers.

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #747 of 5,021
Disclaimer, this is provided by FCCID to the public

Also looking closely at the interconnect for analog output, these are not even peripheral connections. They are through hole hardwired direct solder onboard with just the connector style for ease of workmanship . This in my opinion is superior to the DX220Max slot in connection. They are more likely OCC wires with heavy awg size

Amplifier Battery charging circuitry is now built in on the same main board and not separated daughter board as the Dx220Max

Wifi Antenna and Bluetooth Antenna now has 2 instead of 1! Streamer rejoice
D04FC2F2-1E1E-44BF-8535-90EC74FFF729.jpeg
6751B110-B690-4008-8072-A78BA4A9EA09.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #749 of 5,021
Did everyone who pre-ordered got their dx300max?

I am still waiting and the store has no indication of when it is going to ship out or even responding :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #750 of 5,021
Did everyone who pre-ordered got their dx300max?

I am still waiting and the store has no indication of when it is going to ship out or even responding :frowning2:
It seems that Ibasso is shipping out as soon as possible. Those capacitors are not easy to solder in, and also all those interconnects. Eventually they will all come to you for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back