iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Jul 14, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #106 of 5,022
What I'm seeing from previous twitter and others is that 300MAX is smoother (glossier :sweat_smile:) than 220MAX. Without the bite and aggression

My interpretation: he probably wanted to say that the sound has smooth
Dam, I am hoping it not too smooth over, lol.
Actually, before he stated "glossy", he stated that he "also" attributed or included what the 220max had, so it's not like it was something the 220max didn't have, correct? Unless in Japanese they mention thoughts in a "backwards" or previous way.

I sold off my Sony WM1Z for the 220max, as I found it a cleaner and very focused top end, without any haze or "smoothed" over. So I would guess the word "smooth" can be both positive and negative lol.
We can only guess what is the differences are at this stage.:popcorn:

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #107 of 5,022
Dam, I am hoping it not too smooth over, lol.
Actually, before he stated "glossy", he stated that he "also" attributed or included what the 220max had, so it's not like it was something the 220max didn't have, correct? Unless in Japanese they mention thoughts in a "backwards" or previous way.

I sold off my Sony WM1Z for the 220max, as I found it a much cleaner and very focused top end, without any haze or "smoothed" over. So I would guess the word "smooth" can be both positive and negative lol.
We can only guess what is the differences are at this stage.:popcorn:

I found and read the original blog. Basically, he is saying DX300MAX has the same 3-point impression as when he demo the DX220MAX. Those are 1) very low noise, 2) wide soundstage, 3) sound has gloss, and that you will hear these characteristics immediately.

So he's not comparing or stating anything new for 300MAX. I guess it doesn't help us :sweat_smile:

There's more here than I care to translate... if you want to run it through your favorite translator, see below. One interesting note from the Japanese distributor is that 300MAX gained thickness due to 1) redesign/higher-end parts for digital section, and 2) improvements to power supply.

https://takaroom.com/miscellaneous-notes-ibasso-audio-shanling-audition/

Jul 14, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #108 of 5,022
I found and read the original blog. Basically, he is saying DX300MAX has the same 3-point impression as when he demo the DX220MAX. Those are 1) very low noise, 2) wide soundstage, 3) sound has gloss, and that you will hear these characteristics immediately.

So he's not comparing or stating anything new for 300MAX. I guess it doesn't help us :sweat_smile:

There's more here than I care to translate... if you want to run it through your favorite translator, see below. One interesting note from the Japanese distributor is that 300MAX gained thickness due to 1) redesign/higher-end parts for digital section, and 2) improvements to power supply.

https://takaroom.com/miscellaneous-notes-ibasso-audio-shanling-audition/

Jul 14, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #111 of 5,022
Man I want my dap glossy but not to sticky 🤣 preferably very shiny but not too waxy 🤔
A good glary soundy sandy but also shiny 🤩
Why not look at that hypnosis mind wirlturning knobby as ita all gold and shiny 🙃😍

Guys I think I found it! Dx 300 max will definitely sound better then 200 max and will be holding dmp's hand! That means a lot! The new max could be the new frontier in dap world 🤯💥🧨

Jul 15, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #112 of 5,022
I would need a heavy brass gold glossy knob to counterbalance the weight..🤔😅

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #113 of 5,022
When iBasso will release further tech specs? I would like to know battery size (mAh) and battery life for playing flac 96kHz-24bit?

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #114 of 5,022
When iBasso will release further tech specs? I would like to know battery size (mAh) and battery life for playing flac 96kHz-24bit?

It will have 5 batteries! You should be good 😀

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #115 of 5,022
It will have 5 batteries! You should be good 😀
Not really as the 220max has 5 batteries also, so probably similar configuration as 220max.
So one battery for digital, and 4 for amp.

Newer processor power and more digital circuitry would necessitate more power on digital side.

Also we don't know about the power requirements of a change in a larger screen.

Amp section probably a bit more updated, and so not needing more power, but who knows.
We do know the casing is a tiny bit thicker.

At this point it is anybody's guess but a probable guess is it being very similar to the 220max in overall battery life if they keep same batteries.

The 220max on the digital side does not last as long as the analog side, so it really does need more battery power on the digital side.
Let's hope they upgraded the batteries.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #116 of 5,022
Not really as the 220max has 5 batteries also, so probably similar configuration as 220max.
So one battery for digital, and 4 for amp.

Newer processor power and more digital circuitry would necessitate more power on digital side.

Also we don't know about the power requirements of a change in a larger screen.

Amp section probably a bit more updated, and so not needing more power, but who knows.
We do know the casing is a tiny bit thicker.

At this point it is anybody's guess but a probable guess is it being very similar to the 220max in overall battery life if they keep same batteries.

The 220max on the digital side does not last as long as the analog side, so it really does need more battery power on the digital side.
Let's hope they upgraded the batteries.
You can also upgrade the batteries in the max if you would like. That possibly mean that you will need to custom cut a back plate by metal instead of using glass though

Whatbi am most excited about 300Max is the new architecture, the FPGA and SOC

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #117 of 5,022
That's what I am worried about. More digital circuitry demanding more dedicated power supply and draining the single battery on digital side.
It would be wise to have a bigger battery there, but time will tell.

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #118 of 5,022
Anything more than 6 hours is good for me. And I don't expect more from a transportable player. More than 6 hours is bonus. How many hours can 220MAX can do?

Jul 15, 2021 at 10:42 AM Post #119 of 5,022
You can also upgrade the batteries in the max if you would like. That possibly mean that you will need to custom cut a back plate by metal instead of using glass though

I'm looking at power output and tonality to potentially replace the C9 :)

Don't know if I'll be able to wait as I might just get a desktop amp before specs release 🤔

Jul 15, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #120 of 5,022
That's what I am worried about. More digital circuitry demanding more dedicated power supply and draining the single battery on digital side.
It would be wise to have a bigger battery there, but time will tell.

When I had dx300 ot seemed sometimes the analog deplited quicker then digital but in overall the digital felt like going down quicker I am going by memory. Overall it was equal and felt like lasting around 12hours?

What I am the most intrigued by is the new super class A transistor amplifier 🤩 but does that going to sound like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back