iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Aug 15, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #751 of 5,021
Regarding the FTGA, there is much more than just the chip. There is the programming which we do. There are many variables.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 15, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #752 of 5,021
Regarding the FTGA, there is much more than just the chip. There is the programming which we do. There are many variables.
Definitely! As it is Programable! Thanks for the clarification! For example, to work with MangoOS for Pure audio performances is excellent !! By far the only maker that has FPGA Master and a dedicated OS atm.
Shanling still struggles with custom AndroidOS :frowning2:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #753 of 5,021
Speculating about some unfinished product?
Apologies for the previous speculations. Those were my assumptions on what little information we haves so far.

We trying to determine things based on what we can find, without actually having the units in question.
So the issue should be to have the information in order for everyone to make their own decisions.

Here is more information more exact determinations.

Manufacturer data Of THX chip (to be used by fiio) from the THX website:
Screenshot_20210815-011137__01__01.jpg
So those are the thx chipset specs.

Fiio said they are trying to maximize the output, as stated before.
So Fiio may be working on the heat dissipation, or may even have some discreet circuit tricks up their sleeve.

So we can assume that thier chips will be set at or near maximum output, which is stated at 1.850watts(@32ohm)...
It doesn't say either rms or max output, but the clue that there is 15v rails, so I would determine that it is rms.
That is a huge impressive figure.

In comparison, we have the iBasso 220Max output said to be at 1.758w (@32ohm rms)
Screenshot_20210815-094358.jpg

So, it can be determined that the 220Max is expected to be 100mw just below the theoretical limits of the THX chip, (not the actual fiio unit). This is also an impressive figure.

Next, The Calculated output of the 300max (stated in pic 6.5v@32ohm) seems to be 400mw lower, 1.32watt rms(!)
So we have a discrepancy of having less power output in the 300Max.

It does not compute...
If the batteries are larger, why wouldn't the output be greater?
Maybe more stable?

Maybe testing variables?
In time we will find out once they are compared more.
So far comments have stated more sound aspects in the 300max. It was mentioned to have more weight in the bass, which I would figure as a component of more current or signature sound.
We need to know the spec in Amperes to determine its performance for demanding headphones.
Dx220max was 2A. Which was pretty good.
Dx300 with amp11mki was 2.7A.
Sounds like good idea to look at battery amperes. The trend seems to be to have greater amperage.
So let's look at the batteries.

220Max:
4400mAh 3.8V for digital
4 x 900mAh (3600mAh) 8.4V for the Analog.

300Max:
the digital battery has been increased by 1/3...

???? differences???

What matter will be total voltage swings in the end. The true differences between portable vs desktop
It would be interesting to know if there is also a difference here, as the battery voltage is supposed to be the same.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #754 of 5,021
Transferred some CD Albums to a new Micro SD Card for the MAX300.
Whoa!!! Mango with Ultimate Mode. Absolutely fantastic! Currently playing Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks is standing right in front of me singing! The soundstage and separation of instruments is amazing. I don't think I've heard a DAP that delivers Snare drums, Cymbal splashes and Hi-Hat taps like the MAX300 does. Gosh..

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #755 of 5,021
Just played Diana Krall, A Night in Paris. Wow... The first track which I know pretty well, 'I love being here with you', I have played a lot to determine capabilities of DAC's through Home Audio systems. The MAX300 is capable of pulling out a lot of information from the track making the listening experience almost 3D like. Impressive. Most impressive. As Darth Vader said.

Aug 15, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #756 of 5,021
Transferred some CD Albums to a new Micro SD Card for the MAX300.
Whoa!!! Mango with Ultimate Mode. Absolutely fantastic! Currently playing Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks is standing right in front of me singing! The soundstage and separation of instruments is amazing. I don't think I've heard a DAP that delivers Snare drums, Cymbal splashes and Hi-Hat taps like the MAX300 does. Gosh..
Excellent.
So which micro SD did you decide on?
I am currently trying to decide between the SanDisk extreme & SanDisk extreme Pro.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #757 of 5,021
Excellent.
So which micro SD did you decide on?
I am currently trying to decide between the SanDisk extreme & SanDisk extreme Pro.
I use Samsung Evo Plus across all my DAP's and have found them excellent.

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #760 of 5,021
I use Samsung Evo Plus across all my DAP's and have found them excellent.

OOPS

EDIT

relegated the Sandisk ultras to the maybe use once

sandisk extreme pros to the regular daps

(I do have a couple of samsung exo and thats where my confusion was

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #761 of 5,021

Wifi Antenna and Bluetooth Antenna now has 2 instead of 1! Streamer rejoice
D04FC2F2-1E1E-44BF-8535-90EC74FFF729.jpeg
6751B110-B690-4008-8072-A78BA4A9EA09.jpeg

Should be the same or similar to OG DX300. As a matter of fact, I did back to back Speedtest checks between DX300 (on the left) and DX300 MAX (on the right), and guess who is leading? :wink:

1629077141632.png

Aug 15, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #762 of 5,021
Samsung evo plus user here too - for all my regular use daps.

relegated the Sandisk ultras to the maybe use once in a while daps.

Any particular reason? Are there benefits to the Evo vs Sandisk?

Aug 15, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #763 of 5,021
Any particular reason? Are there benefits to the Evo vs Sandisk?
Edit

There have been posts in the past on Facebook and head fi about differences in micro sd cards where music is concerned.

i did not get into it all as for me it was a bridge too far.

one head-fier in a thread maybe two years back posted his results from testing a few cards so i thought i would try it out myself and my findings matched his.

so now on my regular daps i use the sandisk extreme pro If i can find the link i will post it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back