iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 15, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,731 of 5,016
Wow really unexpected, but my early gen lcd-xc (eq'd) sounds amazing off my Ibasso 3MAXSS and hi def files. The bass profile is not as boxy and way more detailed in the nuances of it. The timbre is improved.

Metallic treble is eased off (from the nature of the daps presentation).

Previously on other sources, my EQ profile didn't help reduce the twang treble feeling. And the 1-note wall of bass feeling.

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2,732 of 5,016
I had a not so nice encounter with the 3Max Ti today. Listening to a flute piece, at the lower notes, probably reaching down to around 200+ Hz, it 'fuzzes' and meshes in with the other instruments. Whoa. Sounded messy. Tried it the VE8 that I managed to dig out and it was the same. Hopefully more burn in will resolve this.
What gain are you using ? DaC/pot volume ?

This maybe strange but the Titanium unit doesn’t have that metallic smell like Stainless Steel. That is another indicator . The titanium is also unfinished and non coated. So, the brushed textures will get darker over uses, and look better in a way. I don’t use the leather case, and I can see it getting darker. This is against 2Max SS btw, which I don’t think is much different. I know for sure is that picking up the 2Max vs 3MTi, the Ti will be noticeably lighter. I assumed for 3Max, this will be much more noticeable. So I don’t think you can be confused.

The only way to be confused is to hand you 1 unit alone if 3Max and ask you to identify it. Then smelling it is one way
😅
😵
😆

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #2,733 of 5,016

This maybe strange but the Titanium unit doesn’t have that metallic smell like Stainless Steel. That is another indicator . The titanium is also unfinished and non coated. So, the brushed textures will get darker over uses, and look better in a way. I don’t use the leather case, and I can see it getting darker. This is against 2Max SS btw, which I don’t think is much different. I know for sure is that picking up the 2Max vs 3MTi, the Ti will be noticeably lighter. I assumed for 3Max, this will be much more noticeable. So I don’t think you can be confused.

The only way to be confused is to hand you 1 unit alone if 3Max and ask you to identify it. Then smelling it is one way
😅
😵
😆
I wonder if you smell it before a listen it will improve the soundstage

Sep 15, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #2,735 of 5,016
It might have a bit of a Metallica smell to it... you know... heavy metal smell... 😁

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #2,738 of 5,016
the most attractive point for titanium version to me is its weight

I was in meeting then and missed the order time.

thought aluminum version is very good to me after few weeks burn in. Used n6ii ti and M15 before. Don't know how it compared with the sp2000, the flagship for quite long of time.

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #2,739 of 5,016
the most attractive point for titanium version to me is its weight

I was in meeting then and missed the order time.

thought aluminum version is very good to me after few weeks burn in. Used n6ii ti and M15 before. Don't know how it compared with the sp2000, the flagship for quite long of time.
I never liked the SP2K, and I am not against it, just the performances wasn’t up to snoops…..the 3MTi is a very different beast, literally, and in everything that it does

Sep 15, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #2,740 of 5,016

😅
😵
😆
Low gain. DAC at 85.

I don’t use case or screen protector. Au naturel is the way to go for me!

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #2,742 of 5,016
My unit doesn’t seem to hold its charge on extended play, even when plugged in. Analog battery is fine but the digital battery drops to zero and the Ti shuts off. Could it be caused by the Ultimate mode? Anyone else with the same problem?
I have turned on ultimate mode, and charged continuously with both on burning in! I don’t have the same issues. Are you sure you are using a good charger ?

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #2,744 of 5,016
Hi friends, I contacted to Vishnu Leather Craft.

I asked and they can make the case for 300MAX approximately 170$.
But they haven't the size data yet, so they couldn't make it.
Maybe in next month, I will visit their work station and provide my 3MAX Ti and Basic case..

After I make an order for my Vishnu case of 3MAX, you guys probably can order from them.
'Cause they have data of it at that time :D

Sep 15, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #2,745 of 5,016
I have turned on ultimate mode, and charged continuously with both on burning in! I don’t have the same issues. Are you sure you are using a good charger ?
No issue for me.

Ultimate Mode On
DAC....80 ____95
Gain L
D Filter 5
Use as USB DAC.....Note9 Streaming Quobuz.

Do chores from 1130. To 1700. Dac goes down 48% left.
Analog like 86% left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back