iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #2,506 of 5,022
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:52 AM Post #2,508 of 5,022
Hi everyone - I'm a long time lurker of this thread. Thanks to all the comments here I'm now convinced the iBasso 300Max is the DAP of my dreams.

However, am I correct in assuming there is no actual way to buy a new one until sometime next year after they replace the DACs?

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #2,509 of 5,022
Dedicated microSD thread wouldn't have the control factor of being tested on the same device. One person's take would not be relatable to even the other people contributing to the thread.

So there would be multiple overlapping conversations eventually happening.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #2,510 of 5,022
I agree with above suggestion to create dedicated SD related thread. Half of posts here are about SD techology and difference between manufacturers and in my view it is confusing. Last but not least, SD dicsussion can be also interesting not just for iBasso owners.
I'd support a spin off, and I vote @Whitigir to lead the campaign.

And just to keep it in line with iBasso, I think my Ti might just arrive tomorrow...

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #2,511 of 5,022
Hi everyone - I'm a long time lurker of this thread. Thanks to all the comments here I'm now convinced the iBasso 300Max is the DAP of my dreams.

However, am I correct in assuming there is no actual way to buy a new one until sometime next year after they replace the DACs?
You can try the classifieds or secondary market. I've heard of people wanting to sell their 300 Max. Good luck with your hunt.

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #2,512 of 5,022

The presice DACs used on DX300 Max have been retired permanently by AKM. So, that's it for DX300 Max in its current config. Secondary market purchase is all that's left.

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #2,513 of 5,022
The presice DACs used on DX300 Max have been retired permanently by AKM. So, that's it for DX300 Max in its current config. Secondary market purchase is all that's left.
Really ? I thought they were just going to be replaced in a couple years ? That would be too crazy if true.

Dx300Max in total is only 500 units ATM. Then there is 100 exclusive Titanium from this total. So, they are all sold out now, only the used market. I have seen some being listed, and given that they only barely burned in, they must be sitting at “near mint” conditions for sure

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #2,514 of 5,022
Really ? I thought they were just going to be replaced in a couple years ? That would be too crazy if true.

Dx300Max in total is only 500 units ATM. Then there is 100 exclusive Titanium from this total. So, they are all sold out now, only the used market. I have seen some being listed, and given that they only barely burned in, they must be sitting at “near mint” conditions for sure
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...gb-ram-128gb-rom.958400/page-37#post-16500922

In AKM's site AK4499EQ is listed as "EOL". I also take "discontinued" to mean pretty much "that's it for them for the foreseeable future", and in a couple of years there may be new flagship DACs developed from AKM. In my book, this basically says "retired" (on account of the fire, etc.). But if there's different info out there, please share, I'd love to be wrong on this one!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #2,515 of 5,022
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...gb-ram-128gb-rom.958400/page-37#post-16500922

In AKM's site AK4499EQ is listed as "EOL". I also take "discontinued" to mean pretty much "that's it for them for the foreseeable future", and in a couple of years there may be new flagship DACs developed from AKM. In my book, this basically says "retired" (on account of the fire, etc.). But if there's different info out there, please share, I'd love to be wrong on this one!
That is true, the new flagship could be made by the time of a couple years. However, with the rate the current world is heading, counting by the year is still nerve wrecking. Just how different it had been over the last couple years.

Though, I am more excited about the 3Max due to the improved amplifier and the power supplies with the FPGA and the SOC. The DAC can be whatever. I was surprised that it uses different DAC than the regular Dx300 😅

Particularly, the usage of premium Metal , Titanium, and the usages of Polyester and polypropylene foils capacitors. The first Titanium player to be using so much Titanium for the chassis. A total of 600 Gr in weight !! Wooohh

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #2,516 of 5,022

Yep, I knew the DACs were limited to prior supplies manufactured before the fire but was hoping iBasso still has some additional chips left to produce additional runs similar to what FiiO is doing for the M11+.

Regarding buying a used model I believe but not 100% sure iBasso only provides warranties to the original owner. Therefore, that option is less attractive at the moment at least until prices start to fall a bit.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #2,517 of 5,022
Yep, I knew the DACs were limited to prior supplies manufactured before the fire but was hoping iBasso still has some additional chips left to produce additional runs similar to what FiiO is doing for the M11+.

Regarding buying a used model I believe but not 100% sure iBasso only provides warranties to the original owner. Therefore, that option is less attractive at the moment.
Ibasso honor warranty for sure, and I have seen it. Warranty purposes would be the least and last of my concern for Ibasso products. My friend @purk got his taken care of in a matter of Days from the US to China and back. I could never thought of any other companies that could have pulled this off. Certainly not AK nor Sony (high end brands ?)…not even Cayin…or Shanling (China companies). Ibasso always work with customers when there is defects and warranty is needed , doesn’t matter if your devices is second or third or fourth hand purchase

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #2,518 of 5,022
Ibasso honor warranty for sure, and I have seen it. Warranty purposes would be the least and last of my concern for Ibasso products. My friend @purk got his taken care of in a matter of Days from the US to China and back. I could never thought of any other companies that could have pulled this off. Certainly not AK nor Sony (high end brands ?)…not even Cayin…or Shanling (China companies). Ibasso always work with customers when there is defects and warranty is needed , doesn’t matter if your devices is second or third or fourth hand purchase
Thanks! Good to know - very interesting...

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #2,519 of 5,022

Regarding buying a used model I believe but not 100% sure iBasso only provides warranties to the original owner. Therefore, that option is less attractive at the moment.
Not sure you are right about warranty, for instance, if you return to supplier and supplier sends it to iBasso for repair, I think iBasso will accept warranty (that's what my supplier said to me). Plus, buying a used one may come with advantages too: yes, it's not brand new, but if the seller is truthful in her/his description it has been confirmed to work well and will not have any issues that even brand new devices could have out of the box. Then, there's the difference in price which could go towards other equipment :ksc75smile:

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #2,520 of 5,022
I have seen Cayin C9 getting the Tubes damaged by shipping. It took them weeks !!!! I think one of our member here has a N6ii Titanium being sent for warranty, not gonna get it back for weeks, I would assume. So, I wouldn’t hesitate to spend on Ibasso expensive players such as 3Max Titanium. The customer service, and the warranty is simply “luxuriously VIP tier” in this industry

I think he is @aaf evo, may want to chime in for Cayin warranty , sir

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back