iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Sep 7, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,500 of 3,626
My favorite in Neutron settings are as following

1/ Turn off Auto plug to play
Setting >>> connection and controls >>> disable all Play if output attached
149FE702-AD79-4844-81BE-ED16AFAB40BD.jpegAC1AA34B-0556-4296-BDC7-0C608A9EC6ED.jpeg
2/ Playback
Setting>>> Playback>>>64-bit processing>>>Resampling>>> Audiophile
3/ Audio Hardware
Setting>>> Audio Hardware >>> Dither on >>> Sub sonic and Ultra sonic filters off>>> Audio focus on >>> DSD over PCM on >>> Oversampling off >>> follow source frequencies on
49BC9661-5937-430E-83C1-56DE81B35704.jpeg

Sep 9, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #3,503 of 3,626
Yes, definitely, except MangoOs
Hi Whitigir,

I know that you are a big proponent of DSD 512. So, I will ask you some advices if I may.

I currently have 2MAX and 3MAX. Not decided yet which one I will keep as I like both with their differences with my Focal Utopia, though I have to admit that the synergy seems better with the 3MAX. Sometime, 2MAX and Utopia could be too much of a good thing (super engaging and lively sound that can be fatiguing after a while but certainly exciting).

Anyway, I use both players 50/50 streaming and playing from internal memory (I have a Sandisk Ultra micro sd card not used yet but I will follow your advice and look for a Micron i-300 or Edge). When listening to music from internal memory, I use Mango OS.

The only third party player I used so far is UAPP. But it's not yet compatible with iBasso for Tidal MQA. I read that a lot of HeadFiers are using Neutron. I also read that Neutron can convert all PCM files to DSD 512 on the fly. Is that correct? If so, what do you think of the results?

I Imagine that process will be really CPU intensive and will drain the battery much quicker.

Looking forward to your input.

P.S. I hope your upcoming 3MAX Ti will meet or exceed your expectations.

Best regards.

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #3,504 of 3,626
Hi Whitigir,

I know that you are a big proponent of DSD 512. So, I will ask you some advices if I may.

I currently have 2MAX and 3MAX. Not decided yet which one I will keep as I like both with their differences with my Focal Utopia, though I have to admit that the synergy seems better with the 3MAX. Sometime, 2MAX and Utopia could be too much of a good thing (super engaging and lively sound that can be fatiguing after a while but certainly exciting).

Anyway, I use both players 50/50 streaming and playing from internal memory (I have a Sandisk Ultra micro sd card not used yet but I will follow your advice and look for a Micron i-300 or Edge). When listening to music from internal memory, I use Mango OS.

The only third party player I used so far is UAPP. But it's not yet compatible with iBasso for Tidal MQA. I read that a lot of HeadFiers are using Neutron. I also read that Neutron can convert all PCM files to DSD 512 on the fly. Is that correct? If so, what do you think of the results?

I Imagine that process will be really CPU intensive and will drain the battery much quicker.

Looking forward to your input.

P.S. I hope your upcoming 3MAX Ti will meet or exceed your expectations.

Best regards.
Neutron with all PCM to DSD features ? I haven’t tried yet again recently. I am a little too overwhelmed And busy at how good Neutron can do with OverSampling from a good MicroSD into 2Max and 3Max. I use a paid version, and I have shared a more detailed settings here

Sep 9, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #3,505 of 3,626
I‘m also thinking about selling mine - located in Germany - MINT condition, not used very often, because i prefer the SP2K for my taste
If Interested please PM

Sep 17, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #3,506 of 3,626
Getting this odd Tidal issue. It won't play anything what isn't Master when streaming quality is set to Master. I have to change quality setting to high to play non master files. Even HiFi doesn't work. I did factory reset with no result.

Sep 17, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #3,507 of 3,626
Getting this odd Tidal issue. It won't play anything what isn't Master when streaming quality is set to Master. I have to change quality setting to high to play non master files. Even HiFi doesn't work. I did factory reset with no result.
You have to retro back to an older version like 2.34.1 to make it work with non master files on Master quality.

You can use the app APK Installer by Uptodown to do so.

Sep 17, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #3,509 of 3,626
It works, thanks. This version is almost a year old. Where is the problem? Is it iBasso or Tidal?
Since version of 2.35.0 and before work, and later ones don't that would tell you that Tidal is the issue. They need to fix the bugs in their software but are slow to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back