iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jan 15, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #3,122 of 3,626
Neutron and Hiby can all play the 256, except the mango, both OS and app
Do you try to play DSD files in WV format? Neutron supports them, but not Mango. Mango supports up to DSD512 in DSF or DFF formats.

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #3,123 of 3,626
Jan 18, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #3,129 of 3,626
@Paul - iBasso , I know that question pops up again and again.
I have downloaded offline plenty of MQA albums from my Tidal subscription and during playing them using different appications in Android i figured out:
- Mango Player apk does not unfold any of them.
- Neutron does not unfold any of them
- UAPP does do first unfold (i guess using software capabilities)
If I play the same album using TIDAL apk from online it does 4x unfold as expected.

My question actually about Mango player: could you developers team investigate what's wrong and why it does not unfold MQA as expected?
Of course if possible to get fixed also 3pp players i believe many of us will appreciate your efforts.

I appreciate your reply on this matter.

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #3,130 of 3,626
That is a little strange as I could unfold MQA x4 offline with mango APK, but not MangoOS . Some MQA albums will not unfold though, and i think it just need upgrades
431AAEE8-249D-4996-85CB-FBD8EFDF40AB.jpeg

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #3,131 of 3,626
That is a little strange as I could unfold MQA x4 offline with mango APK, but not MangoOS . Some MQA albums will not unfold though, and i think it just need upgrades
431AAEE8-249D-4996-85CB-FBD8EFDF40AB.jpeg
I guess MQA files have some specific metadata in the beginning of file. That could be that application can't read/transcript them carefully. E.g. UAPP has even setting in MQA settings to perform deep file analysis to check if file is MQA or not. However i have that setting disabled in UAPP - and as i wrote above apk is doing first unfold.

Jan 19, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #3,134 of 3,626
I'm currently reviewing the UM MEST. I was quite disappointed at first with the meds as I found them quite thin. I was trying the MEST with the Cayin N3 Pro and the QLS QA361.
Even though i'm very fond of the QLS, the MAX did reveal the UM MEST capacities to a much larger extent. Mids are much more enjoyable and listening to Amy Winehouse and musicians, I finally feel the thickness that they deserve.
A really good experience (again) with the MAX

Jan 19, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #3,135 of 3,626
I'm currently reviewing the UM MEST. I was quite disappointed at first with the meds as I found them quite thin. I was trying the MEST with the Cayin N3 Pro and the QLS QA361.
Even though i'm very fond of the QLS, the MAX did reveal the UM MEST capacities to a much larger extent. Mids are much more enjoyable and listening to Amy Winehouse and musicians, I finally feel the thickness that they deserve.
A really good experience (again) with the MAX
That is because MAX has a very powerful Amp sections, and is a good one at it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back