iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jan 9, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #3,076 of 3,626
More than 220Max ? I am afraid there is Non that I have came across yet. I know DMP Z1 is with larger soundstage but it isn’t more analytical. The Max gives many flagship a run for it cost....even SP2K isnt going to touch Max. May be wait for a little more for newer players from AK ? Or try and ask @twister6 if any in his Arsenal is able to compete as he always receive newer DAP
You mean under a direct comparison with the AK SP2k and 220MAX still prevails? Wow...

Jan 9, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #3,077 of 3,626
I do hope it can answer your personal preferences :). I am not worried as I can pretty much tune it toward what I want.

I still don’t think people realize how much more potentials the MAX has. I was thinking about having it MAXEX on a Tour (US continent only), so people realize how much better the Max can be. But I don’t know how to organize the tour :/ (certainly don’t want to lose it, or having it damaged) lol
Would there be a link to the MAXEX mod thread? I want to see how it is done and if I can do it.

The link is here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ex-modifications.898918/page-22#post-15698291

For anyone who needs it.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #3,079 of 3,626
Jan 9, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #3,080 of 3,626
MAX was SP2k SS here in comparison section.

Nice stuff just missing p6 pro, m8 😛🙃

Sounds like the new dx300 will be a more warmer tint then max and this might make it less neutral and more fun listening. Positioning it in between max and M8, of course with the sound dna of ibasso it will be less warm and closer to max signature.

While I liked R8, from what you described I would prefer max more, dx300 even more then 😛

Jan 9, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #3,081 of 3,626

Sounds like the new dx300 will be a more warmer tint then max and this might make it less neutral and more fun listening. Positioning it in between max and M8, of course with the sound dna of ibasso it will be less warm and closer to max signature.

While I liked R8, from what you described I would prefer max more, dx300 even more then 😛
Oh it (dx300) Is coming to you! So you should know soon enough! I am excited for it as a miniaturized Max, it can be very wonderful :)

Jan 9, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #3,082 of 3,626

Tbh, nobody really knows how it sounds yet. So far there were impressions from store owners and a recent audio shows. Since you ordered yours already, you probably will have it in a week or sooner and will know for sure how it sounds! Trust your tiger ears after a proper burn-in instead of the floating impressions where things get lost in translation :wink:

Jan 10, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #3,083 of 3,626
Tbh, nobody really knows how it sounds yet. So far there were impressions from store owners and a recent audio shows. Since you ordered yours already, you probably will have it in a week or sooner and will know for sure how it sounds! Trust your tiger ears after a proper burn-in instead of the floating impressions where things get lost in translation :wink:

Aa yea those worthy impressions that are equivalent of an mp3 file resolution haha

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #3,084 of 3,626
I am curious as to why there is coaxial, optical and usb out on the MAX when itself is a full on player? What’s the point of using it solely as a digital out and then connecting it to yet another DAC? I don’t get it as to why the functions and connectors exist....

Jan 10, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #3,085 of 3,626
I am curious as to why there is coaxial, optical and usb out on the MAX when itself is a full on player? What’s the point of using it solely as a digital out and then connecting it to yet another DAC? I don’t get it as to why the functions and connectors exist....
I use Optical out toward my DAT systems :). The case to use it as a transport exists but rare

Jan 10, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #3,086 of 3,626

I use the Max via toslink on the KEF lsx,
via coax on the Sony TA-ZH1ES and USB to transfer data Seen that way, wonderful for me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #3,087 of 3,626

For flexibility. You can use it as standalone DAP, connecting headphones or earphones directly to headphone output. Or, you can use it with external amplifier to color the sound differently by connecting its LO to the amp. Or, you can bypass all together the internal DAC/amp and use DX220 MAX as a transport by connecting its digital out to external dac/amp.

Jan 10, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #3,089 of 3,626
I wish MAX also receive update to Android 9 and MangoOS5...
I agree, but I gotta say that MangoOS is superior in sound performances when compared to Mango App in Android. I know android is open and good, but MangoOS is my favorite. If there is MangoOS as an option then I would always go for it. Sometimes I do torture myself and ignore the facts that MangoOS is better, then I try to stay with Android and Mango App, but after a period I switched back to MangoOS and Voila, Max is like hugely upgraded, and I kept asking myself over and over again “why Android ?” It had been going on since late Dx200, 220, and now Max, but I found it was fun to do so :). Also MangoOS doesn’t do MQA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back