iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 11, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #1,231 of 3,626
Camping with MAX ? Power stations ? Why not
image.jpg

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #1,233 of 3,626
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #1,237 of 3,626
Burn in Thursday to Thursday / Fri

total possible hours

8 days x 24 Hours = a possible 192.

usually plugged in. Minus a few hours for when battery ran down during some battery life tests and also between listening gaps.

so between a low of 165 - 185 (?). hours so far to be safe.

Listening time now...

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #1,238 of 3,626
Burn in Thursday to Thursday / Fri

total possible hours

8 days x 24 Hours = a possible 192.

usually plugged in. Minus a few hours for when battery ran down during some battery life tests and also between listening gaps.

so between a low of 165 - 185 (?). hours so far to be safe.

Listening time now...
What a hard work! You deserve the enjoyment going forward.
Sometimes I wish the burn-in is just a myth but then that would mean losing a hope for further improvement.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #1,239 of 3,626
What a hard work! You deserve the enjoyment going forward.
Sometimes I wish the burn-in is just a myth but then that would be mean losing a hope for further improvement.

i found it on many daps and some earphones.

i leave em for days inbetween so the change can be noticed/ heard.

but when doing a write Up - some ask and care about burn in - whilst others don't believe in it or dont care.

so the easiest thing is to burn in and everyone gets what they want - burners get the burn in, the rest dont care.
Everyone is a winner! :)

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:27 AM Post #1,240 of 3,626
If there's going to be a MAX EX at some point it doesn't really matter if we buy from Authorized dealer or not since we'll be voiding any warranty anyways.
Might have to reorder with Hifigo if bhphotovideo doesn't have any left

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #1,241 of 3,626
i found it on many daps and some earphones.

i leave em for days inbetween so the change can be noticed/ heard.

but when doing a write Up - some ask and care about burn in - whilst others don't believe in it or dont care.

so the easiest thing is to burn in and everyone gets what they want - burners get the burn in, the rest dont care.
Everyone is a winner! :)

Absolutely! btw - I am a believer as I am hearing the actual differences.

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #1,242 of 3,626
Anyone got a chance to compare them against the SP2000?

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #1,243 of 3,626
If there's going to be a MAX EX at some point it doesn't really matter if we buy from Authorized dealer or not since we'll be voiding any warranty anyways.
Might have to reorder with Hifigo if bhphotovideo doesn't have any left

You already thinking about the modding the device? This is already much enjoyable as is...at least for now Nothing last forever. I know.
I believe the bloomaudio.com is showing as in stock.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #1,244 of 3,626
Jun 12, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #1,245 of 3,626
Max is excellent, soundstage and separations are better than Dx228ex, senses of spaciousness and controls means better power delivery.

Max is behind Dx228ex in fluidity, liquidity and timbres density.

Hence there probably going to be MAX-EX

Well, that is a bummer, and a huge hit to the credibility of iBasso.

You have a new product that is based on the existing one, you charge double the money for it, have at about a year to work on your new product (and that is pretty much the same digital platform, even the same PCB), you mention that you did maybe thousand new trials for the perfect sound even after it was shown at the shows...and manage to fall behind the mods that has been floating around?

Where have you been all the time to apply the tricks of those hackers on your new product, iBasso? Why and how did you manage to fall behind that with all the space you have in the new package and all the time you had and thousand trials you made?

It is not about making a mod or not. This is not a $200-300 product. This is a product that is all and only about audio quality, as in other areas it falls behind the competition, and iBasso _must_ have managed and suppressed the level what the user base has achieved by changing a few caps.

If it did not...well, as I said, for me it is a huge hit to the credibility of iBasso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back