iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #826 of 3,626
What is the weight of Dx220 Max? One thing which iBasso did right with this one is they went with the philosophy of either portable(to be carried in pockets) or not at all. Not to be hanging in between. Its good it does not pretend to be portable.

Are you trying to see if you can use it as a dumbell replacing the gym? Haha

Jun 5, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #827 of 3,626
And I am counting... They got one makes 998. He got one, makes 997, he got one, 996, he got one... Makes 995. OK, cool. I still have the chance to get one. :p

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:10 AM Post #829 of 3,626
Why no skip button? Otherwise it would have been a quick buy for me. :frowning2:

I am sure MAX will sound great but I wonder if iBasso rushed a bit without smoothing out the edges like no skip button or no proper volume level display.

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #830 of 3,626
I am sure MAX will sound great but I wonder if iBasso rushed a bit without smoothing out the edges like no skip button or no proper volume level display.

One thing I can't stand is Dap having no skip button. I struggled almost a year trying to adjust myself to non skip button on R2R2K.
Finally I gave up.

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #831 of 3,626
I am so torn about this one, I want to buy one because I know iBasso produces top sounding products but I don’t really want something that I can’t stick in my pocket when I’m moving around the house, I also don’t want two DAPs.
Ugh.

I think the sound quality on this should be good enough to justify as a desktop transportable, for when you want to do more serious listening.

I bet it would easily fit in your pocket for around the house. I'm actually fine with my Hugo2Go in my jeans pocket–as long as I'm at home (and the music doesn't tempt me to attempt dance moves.)

Then your standard sized DAP could be for when you're out and about and need real mobility (or when the bass drops, and you just gotta move if even a little).

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #832 of 3,626
I think the sound quality on this should be good enough to justify as a desktop transportable, for when you want to do more serious listening.

I bet it would easily fit in your pocket for around the house. I'm actually fine with my Hugo2Go in my jeans pocket–as long as I'm at home (and the music doesn't tempt me to attempt dance moves.)

Then your standard sized DAP could be for when you're out and about and need real mobility (or when the bass drops, and you just gotta move if even a little).

I have no doubts that it'd sound really great but carrying it around will be really difficult. I had issues with my Cayin N6ii because it felt really bulky when I carried it in my jeans pocket. DX220 Max is double the weight and dimension of N6ii, cannot be carried in a jeans pocket. 700gms in a pocket, that jeans will not feel good.

And if you move out, add to it your phone and your wallet. That is 1kg of weight in total.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #833 of 3,626
I am so torn about this one, I want to buy one because I know iBasso produces top sounding products but I don’t really want something that I can’t stick in my pocket when I’m moving around the house, I also don’t want two DAPs.

Ugh.
It is possible to put the DX220 Max in the pocket actually. :beyersmile:

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #834 of 3,626
I have no doubts that it'd sound really great but carrying it around will be really difficult. I had issues with my Cayin N6ii because it felt really bulky when I carried it in my jeans pocket. DX220 Max is double the weight and dimension of N6ii, cannot be carried in a jeans pocket. 700gms in a pocket, that jeans will not feel good. Add to it your phone and your wallet. That is 1kg of weight in total.

Well yes, but there's the possibility that a beautiful girl will approach saying "is that a DX220 Max in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" :ksc75smile:

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #836 of 3,626
For a transportable DAP, the DX220 MAX is not that big actually.

Size comparison of DX220 MAX and QLS QA390

photo_2020-06-05_15-07-38.jpg

Jun 5, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #839 of 3,626
I am going to go through and see which questions i can answer latet tonight.

screen size and
CPU (this is what i came up with, it it what you requested? @DarginMahkum )

Thank you very much, @ExpatinJapan. Looks like the CPU clock frequeny is tuned the same, and also it is the same screen.

Jun 5, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #840 of 3,626
One thing I can't stand is Dap having no skip button. I struggled almost a year trying to adjust myself to non skip button on R2R2K.
Finally I gave up.
For me will be enough if they can add double tap to wake up the screen. Maybe if enough people will ask for it that will be implemented in new firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back