iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Mar 27, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #3,361 of 3,626
May i ask you why do you selling tha Max?

Mar 28, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #3,363 of 3,626
Wow beautiful, it looks like a sculpture ... I was moving to the Shanling M30

Mar 28, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #3,364 of 3,626
My oh my
You guys are raising the limits...
I agree, I expected a Star Trek Borg Cubus but then encountered a design piece of art 😉

I was also looking at the M30 but won't get there in time due to lack of money. What I like though is the concept of interchangeable modules.
It also seems to have everything one could wish for.
Still questionable how far these are raising the SQ bar compared e.g to a Max like
- even more detail, holografy? (I cannot imagine that to be honest)
- more musicality and smoothness? (More likely that)
- better versatility / connectivity?
(That's for sure especially if you are yet in or looking for topics like Roon integration, connecting to your TV gear via optical in etc.)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #3,365 of 3,626
the thing I like most about the m30 is the ease of changing Panasonic 18650 batteries. So, for me it is a lifetime dap. :wink:

Mar 28, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #3,366 of 3,626
the thing I like most about the m30 is the ease of changing Panasonic 18650 batteries. So, for me it is a lifetime dap. :wink:
The possibilities will last longer but there is no life-long, even with a complete modular. I paid for that years ago, going for a DAC that was all modular and very good, at the time but then there were newer components that would no longer work with even the modular design so they discontinued it. I was pissed as I had bought into what they said. It was marketing.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #3,367 of 3,626
what I think is more tricky with longterm-support are interfaces to other services like streaming services (Tidal, Quobuz, Roon, etc.).
I would consider the core DAC features to be pretty stable as the underlying protocols won't change so quickly.
So if you buy a DAC just to connect to your playing source which will be renewed over time I would consider it quite immortal despite batteries etc.
Same would apply for a DAP in DAC-mode but you usually wouldn't buy a DAP for that feature :wink:

Mar 29, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #3,369 of 3,626
@Paul - iBasso
I just took the SD out form the slot to transfer some files, and now when I try to take it out, it won't pop out like usual. It just moves within the allotted space whenever I push it in and it doesn't come out. Any ideas to solving it?
Was the card put in the correct way? With the contacts facing up? Please try pushing it in with the contacts up and make sure to push it a little bit past the opening for the card. You can use some tweezers if needed to pull the card out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 29, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #3,370 of 3,626
Was the card put in the correct way? With the contacts facing up? Please try pushing it in with the contacts up and make sure to push it a little bit past the opening for the card. You can use some tweezers if needed to pull the card out.
The card is fully inserted and functioning correctly. It has no protruding parts. Whenever I push it in past the usual mark, it should pop out, but it does not do that anymore.

And yes contacts are facing upwards.

The spring loaded mechanism is not popping it out.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #3,371 of 3,626
85894404-D8F4-46ED-A898-B5294A9765AF.jpeg

After a run, hi res recovery. iBasso DX220 Max with iFi Powerstation in the back

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #3,372 of 3,626
The possibilities will last longer but there is no life-long, even with a complete modular. I paid for that years ago, going for a DAC that was all modular and very good, at the time but then there were newer components that would no longer work with even the modular design so they discontinued it. I was pissed as I had bought into what they said. It was marketing.
Let me guess... Maybe? :
Screenshot_20210406-175206__01.jpg

It was great while it lasted, and still is up there. My friend had the extras and the tube add ons. It was a sweet unit.

Anyways,
As for these other DAPS mentioned, if you read far and wide (in other forums as well) , you will see that there is nothing new under the sun that's going to outshine the ibasso220Max.

No new dac chips or circuits on other models, have done yet, what both this ibasso220Max, and the Sony DMP-Z1 does.

The newer units that keep coming out, are like the new flash in the pan, for those that want to ride the wave of "honeymoon stage high" of hearing something thing new.
Yet in audio, "new" doesn't always equate to "better".

The 220Max is the final destination for me. I haven't heard a better Dap that can both push HD800 and make it scale up, and I can easily use it's outputs to integrate into any desktop setup.
End game.
:)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #3,374 of 3,626
While you are at it, I know a person who has MaxEX and is looking to sell. It is 1 out of 2 units on the globe @hshock76
Hi,
Since you are the expert on Max and Sony Z1, can you tell me if the sBooster Linear Power Supply, if you have heard it, would help the DX220Max in terms of SQ?
I am of thinking about that LPS to purchase.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #3,375 of 3,626
Hi,
Since you are the expert on Max and Sony Z1, can you tell me if the sBooster Linear Power Supply, if you have heard it, would help the DX220Max in terms of SQ?
I am of thinking about that LPS to purchase.
Max DC input is only used to charge your amplifier batteries , it can not run directly by external supply. So it doesn’t matter which power are being used to charge it up at all. Unless you are listening and charging at the same time, then some Walwart will have more noises than others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back