iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Mar 17, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #3,346 of 3,626
Mar 19, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #3,347 of 3,626
Max's little sisters have arrived...
Sorelline.jpg

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #3,348 of 3,626
Mar 19, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #3,349 of 3,626
Yes... 😉

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #3,350 of 3,626
The more I listen to my other daps ... the more I realize the level of the Max ... at best you always get used to it too soon ... :dt880smile:

Mar 21, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #3,351 of 3,626
Burned in my MAX and comparing it to my other daps (see my sig) and I absolutely love it sense of scale and power, detail through the roof, huge stage, etc. But I still feel it lacks the "meatiness" that Whitigir speaks about. Bass just lacks the heft, the grip it should have. Something the Calyx M does in spades.
Is there anything that can be done to help this?
Maybe...
You can try a different dac filter setting, as it has quite a few.
It's not initially obvious to detect, but it does make a difference overall.

Sometimes its better to find a better synergy by changing headphone/IEM towards your preference, rather than doing EQ or dap change.
For instance, I like the Sony 1z type of "thickness", but would not give up this ibasso "dynamic/ reference" sound for it.
:)

Finally found a nice case for the DX220 Max! I know, it’s almost impossible to find a case for the Max but found this on Etsy:

I was just looking for a case and this one you posted looks the most refined.
There is also a similar one on ebay which gives alot of leather options:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333909124831
But,
It looks like it does not have the protection over the charging side like this one you posted.

I know the value of having a cover over the screen (like I had for my Sony dap) so I went ahead and ordered this one in another color.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 11:56 PM Post #3,352 of 3,626
Maybe...
You can try a different dac filter.

Sometimes its better to find a better synergy by changing headphone/IEM towards your preference, rather than doing EQ or dap change.
For instance, I like the Sony 1z type of "thickness", but would not give up this ibasso "dynamic/ reference" sound for it.

But,
It looks like it does not have the protection over the charging side like this one you posted.

I know the value of having a cover over the screen (like I had for my Sony dap) so I went ahead and ordered this one in another color.

I forgot to mention the Valentium case has magnets in a few places: the flap on the back as well as another one somewhere in the front for the cover to snap on. Very cool and thoughtful in my opinion.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #3,353 of 3,626
Hi
Welcome to the small community of Max Mac users.
You are not the first with this issue.
See my old post here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...ound-reproduction-new-fw.911378/post-15939848
You need a USB hub like the one I posted.
Around my post there were other hub suggestions which are working but unfortunately not all do.
With my hub it's working fine and stable.
I can recommend Audirvana on MacOS for playing your library, respectively Quobuz or Tidal 😃
Many thanks for the warm welcome and the information about the need for a USB hub. I tried with my CalDigit TS3+ hub and DAC mode is indeed working now with my M1 MacBook Air! As for Audirvana I 100% echo your recommendation as I've been a user since its 1.0 release. :) I use it to play files on my NAS as well as to stream directly from Qobuz. It's an essential app for my music listening.

Thanks again!

Mar 22, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #3,354 of 3,626
Maybe...
You can try a different dac filter setting, as it has quite a few.

But,

Another cheat for bass thickness, is to add a crossover in something like UAPP.

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #3,355 of 3,626
I'm trying to buy a pair of ier-z1r at a human price for the MAX ... in europe they sell them for 2500 euros on amazon but it seems too much ... but I'll do it ... to find them for less :wink:

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #3,356 of 3,626
Has anyone safely used one of those usb-c-->DC cables for a long time now?

If so, can you give me a link to the listing you used?

Mar 25, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #3,357 of 3,626
Mar 25, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #3,358 of 3,626
Mar 25, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #3,359 of 3,626
Paul from iBasso said that the MAX accepts from 12v to 18v, I measured the cable with the multimeter and measures 15.2v so it is perfectly in the range... so one charger for one Dap :wink:

charger.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back