iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jan 23, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #3,136 of 3,626
Does EQing via UAPP still bypass Android Audio? Because I feel my hd800s and iems lose a lot of resolution when EQing while streaming.

Do I need to eq via MangoOS for a cleaner EQ?

I wish there was a way to EQ tidal offline.

Jan 24, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,137 of 3,626
Does EQing via UAPP still bypass Android Audio? Because I feel my hd800s and iems lose a lot of resolution when EQing while streaming.

Do I need to eq via MangoOS for a cleaner EQ?

I wish there was a way to EQ tidal offline.
The only solid EQ options I am aware of are using the Max as external DAC and modifying the audio stream before sending to Max from applications like Audirvana (which has also a Tidal plug-in). But as I understand you that's not your desired usecase.
Maybe @Lurker0 can tell more about options here (in Lurkers ROM you can mount Dx220 max as DAC while playing on Android Apps)

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #3,138 of 3,626
Anyone here using Amazon Music HD with Max and Lurkers ROM and is encountering strange music streaming freezing issues?
I am playing a Playlist and for some songs everything is fine and for some other songs the streaming download is hanging and not finishing so I have to manually jump to the next song.
I am using Amazon Music HD in latest APK pure version 17.3.6 OTA (#30610)

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #3,139 of 3,626
Anyone here using Amazon Music HD with Max and Lurkers ROM and is encountering strange music streaming freezing issues?
I am playing a Playlist and for some songs everything is fine and for some other songs the streaming download is hanging and not finishing so I have to manually jump to the next song.
I am using Amazon Music HD in latest APK pure version 17.3.6 OTA (#30610)
I have this problem with my Qobuz US subscription, exactly like you described. Also every “first” song I selected to play takes a while to load and start to play. I was thinking it is somehow related to my subscription (US while I’m based in EU) but my iPhone being connected to the same WiFi plays very smoothly.

Worth to mention I have no any problem with my Apple Music and Tidal on DX220MAX.

Jan 27, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #3,140 of 3,626
It is interesting that the dedicated Cayin C9 is also using the same power supplies as the MAX amp board. It runs 8.4V directly from battery

*Noted* that the C9 is newer and came out later than MAX

That is to show how innovative MAX really is as an all in one DAP.

The differences here is that MAX does not have the ability to do Tubes amp. It is Class A Amp instead
C332F715-43F9-4F34-8FBB-13C0732889E4.jpeg

Jan 28, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #3,144 of 3,626
That doesn't appear. It appears on another macbook (older), but doesn't with the new one.
Hi
Please search for "Macbook" in this thread.
I have encountered this issue earlier and solved it through a specific Thunderbolt - USB hub.
So don't give up yet!😉

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #3,145 of 3,626
I have to use a USB hub with my Mac.

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #3,147 of 3,626
why does a hub make a difference?
It assigns the roles "host-device" for USB bus, while Type-C interface is symmetric.

If you connect a PD power bank to your MacBook via Type-C cable, you may find that who charges whom is a random process :wink:

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #3,148 of 3,626
It assigns the roles "host-device" for USB bus, while Type-C interface is symmetric.

If you connect a PD power bank to your MacBook via Type-C cable, you may find that who charges whom is a random process :wink:
Thanks for the concise explanation. I had seen the "device powering the charger" effect before but assumed that was a flaw due to poor design of a cheap PD. Apparently it's a "feature" of Type-C.

Jan 28, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #3,149 of 3,626
Apparently it's a "feature" of Type-C
While there is some uncertainness in Type-C protocols, I was shocked reading that story with Mac/M1 and PD charger at Reddit! It never happened with several Intel/Windows notebooks I tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back