iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Sep 21, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #2,688 of 3,626
My mind is really blown away at how different the frequency response from multi BA IEMs is out of the Max when going high gain, I have never experienced this big a change... eye opening or should I say ear opening :p If I want to open the signature a bit while not go all the way, mid gain is quite interesting as well... low gain sounds hollow and analytical compared to this :thinking:

Things are now so organic with beautiful body and vocals are just :heartbeat: while retaining impressive resolution and the speed and control as well as black background is just stunning... oh my!

This is piquing my interest!
Wonder what sound signature changes my EE Phantom (and Stealth Sonics U4) could go through with this gain and volume tweaking on the DX220MAX :D

Sep 21, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #2,689 of 3,626
This is piquing my interest!Wonder what sound signature changes my EE Phantom (and Stealth Sonics U4) could go through with this gain and volume tweaking on the DX220MAX :D

Let me know!

Sep 21, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #2,690 of 3,626
Who said Max was too big to carry? Doesn't look that huge :grimacing:

IMG_4030.jpg

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #2,692 of 3,626
I think it’s more the weight than anything. I don’t mind pocketing the Max for short periods of time but man.. it’s heavy! Lol.

1600702550432.png

:D

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #2,693 of 3,626
I think it’s more the weight than anything. I don’t mind pocketing the Max for short periods of time but man.. it’s heavy! Lol.

Yeah true, each time I pick the iPhone XS Max now I feel it's real lightweight :laughing:

Sep 21, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #2,694 of 3,626
Got a number of questions asking about DX220 MAX volume control, so wanted to share my "shortcut". MAX has digital volume (DAC output) and analog volume (sw-independent front pot to control internal amp output). If you are using TWS/wireless IEMs or just want to adjust DAC "pre-amp" volume with sensitive IEMs (very useful with Campfire IEMs!!!), it takes some digging to get to Android digital volume control. My shortcut is using Always Visible Volume Button widget. It is collapsible and always stays on the screen no matter which app you are in, you can move its position around and change its size, and it even adds volume control from notification bar.

Here is a video clip how it works (volume in a video clip is muted). I can't embed a video from WordPress so just click on the link to view it, below is just a screenshot.

Here is another solution. This is how to add DAC volume control button on navigation bar.
DX220Max_DAC_Vol_Control00.JPG

1. Pull down quick settings panel and press gear icon for about 3 sec then release it.
DX220Max_DAC_Vol_Control01.JPG

2. "System UI Tuner" is added on the bottom of Settings>System. Tap "System UI Tuner."
DX220Max_DAC_Vol_Control02.JPG

3. Tap "Navigation bar."
DX220Max_DAC_Vol_Control03.JPG

4. Set each value as below, then close settings and you will see DAC volume control button on navigation bar.
(You can set "Layout" value as you like.)
DX220Max_DAC_Vol_Control04.JPG

*You can see a full list of keycodes (assignable key events) here. Each keycode is listed as "Constant Value" on the linked page.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #2,695 of 3,626
Here is another solution. This is how to add DAC volume control button on navigation bar.

1. Pull down quick settings panel and press gear icon for about 3 sec then release it.

2. "System UI Tuner" is added on the bottom of Settings>System. Tap "System UI Tuner."

3. Tap "Navigation bar."

4. Set each value as below, then close settings and you will see DAC volume control button on navigation bar.
(You can set "Layout" value as you like.)

*You can see a full list of keycodes (assignable key events) here. Each keycode is listed as "Constant Value" on the linked page.
Lovely!!! I got it worked !!! Thank you so very much

Someone may be stuck at some point. You will only see 3 lines when the navigation Bar is first added. You need to click on it and set the values as described by @Lu88
image.jpg

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #2,696 of 3,626
What are the situations where one would want to adjust the digital output?

I have been treating it as a "set it & forget it"

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #2,697 of 3,626

For me personally I adjust it when I start using more sensitive IEMs so I can get better volume control. But more often that not I don’t really touch it.

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #2,699 of 3,626
@Lu88 Fantastic and really so useful the slider is so irkish in the audio settings this is more precise :)

For me personally I adjust it when I start using more sensitive IEMs so I can get better volume control. But more often that not I don’t really touch it.

Yeah well I have mostly sensitive IEMs and not all have the same sensitivities...

What are the situations where one would want to adjust the digital output? I have been treating it as a "set it & forget it"

If like me you want to set to high gain and lower the volume to alter the frequency response (see my previous post on how it changes the frequency response greatly in multi BA IEMs) then it's useful.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #2,700 of 3,626

Or when you are using Bluetooth IEMs/headphones - you can't adjust the volume with a front knob, you need to use digital for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back