DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #48 of 13,460
Tim nails it in his statement above. The biggest issue with their current DX150 and DX200 players was their freezing and laggy file playback as well as some other buggy Android issues. Viewing the Headfi DX150 and 200 threads iBasso has been actively addressing customer issues. They appear to have better customer service than Hiby if you have an issue with your DAP. If you have an issue they want to make it right.

Their current cpu and 2GB memory might be their biggest performance bottle neck on their current DX150 and DX200 DAPs. Lurker who is a fellow Headfier and programming aficionado has been a saving grace to optimizing their Android OS. His firmware is the reason they have a Google Play Store available on their players. They seriously need to hire him to help them develop and improve their OS for their future DAPs. They actually have a very nice UI. Its well organized and intuitive. If they can make their OS more snappy, fix some WiFi issues for people who require streaming services, and continue with their well regarded sound quality they will have a winner. I think some of their amp modules will give users similar power output to the Hiby R6 Pro which has an impressive 750mw per channel with their 4.4mm balanced output. As Tim has stated, its all speculation at this point until we have more details and hear from the reviewers who can test and put the DX220 through its paces. If you can wait until its April release, it could be a very good option.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #49 of 13,460
I really like the hardware design/layout of iBasso DAPs and their attention to detail.

I love their wheel volume knobs and wish Hiby would consider this in their design. I know it maybe a small thing. Some could care less, but I love a good solid volume knob. I am always fine tuning my volume during my listening sessions. So I appreciate this feature. Its a big positive in my book.

I also love the fact that they have the usb-c and coax ports on the top of their dx150/200 players and their headphone ports on the bottom. The top usbc and coax ports are perfect for stacking, when you have a DAC/amp like the ifi Micro iDSD BL or external battery when needing to charge. Everything lines up perfectly for those devices and allows for a very clean stack.

I wish all DAP makers would put their headphone ports on the the bottom of their devices. It keeps your cables off your screen. Much cleaner design in my opinion. I don't like having the jack sticking out on top of the DAP. I assume iBasso will be keeping their port design the same as their current DAPs as the amp modules will be carried over.

These may be small things but they make a big difference in overall user experience.

If they could just improve their DAP performance and fix their software to run as smooth as Hiby's we'd have the "perfect" music player!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #51 of 13,460
Well then - maybe we should wait for the EY-9939429!! coming in the 23rd century! It will have 8 dimensional sound with zero distortion, no wires, made from superlifious unobtainium hetro-magnitanium alloy, and exactly replicate the original music with no digitization required.

I wonder if we can pre-order yet? Most likely I will be dead and gone by the 23rd century.

Okay - I will wait for the DX220 as a first step...

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 31, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #53 of 13,460
Jan 31, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #55 of 13,460
then what's the point of titanium lmao
People buy gold daps cause they like the way it looks then they cover it up with a pink leather case. Go figure.

Jan 31, 2019 at 2:05 AM Post #58 of 13,460
i think the dx200 is better already

Honestly it’s very close, it doesn’t have the modularity but the SQ is surprisingly good really... tuning is really natural and smooth.
Build wise, it’s very impressive. And it’s fast with an amazing screen.

This being said, I’ll jump on DX220 when it’s out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back