1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by windowsx, Jan 31, 2017.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. bluesnote

Thank you bro. I switched back to 1.3 then back to 2.0 beta. Will be using stock for now until next release from Ibasso.

2. WindowsX
    I tested that method now and this time uses normal Upgrade feature. It also worked fine. Try to download the mirror again and make sure you flashed correctly.

Even without those apps, it's still better than stock with improved performance. There's no point to go back to stock ROM since you can get better sound quality and performance with this ROM.

3. bluesnote
    I tested that too. Let's see what's the result of others using this image.

4. WindowsX
    Testing new optimizations for advanced ROM right now. Quite promising. Hi hat sound is more revealing, bass is deeper and transient attack is smoother. Battery life is also better too.

I also tweaked Mango Player UI to look better too and mixed Walkman back on again. Too busy lately so I don't have time for full Walkman UI port yet.

I think I'll try to build maximized battery life with lower heat to reduce ghost swiping issue version next. Who's interested? :)

Regards,
    Keetakawee

P.S. I think I also solved ghost swiping with advanced ROM too. No more swiping from top after flash this new optimizations. I don't know which changes fixed it yet though.

5. MrBaker
    WindowsX, very interesting!

6. tkteo

I would prefer to optimize playback performance over maximization of battery life.

BTW I will send you PM to update you on my successful flashing of Advanced Purist.

7. pfurey89
    I downloaded your ROM and flashed it to my DX200. Works great so far, but I am still having trouble with system wide EQ affects. See attached.

IMG_3577.jpg

8. bluesnote

Wow! That's a good news. Now is a new day for me to try this ROM again. I'm hopeful!

9. mxroadie
    Hi tkteo

Could you share your impressions on the Advanced Purist ROM? Compared to the publicly available ROM by WindowX?

Regards
    Andrew

10. WindowsX
    Tested new advanced firmware with battery saving features. Playing with 16/44.1 wav files driving HD650 with high gain/gapless at 85 volume. It lasted for almost 8 hours. 8 HOURS! And that's for wav files with high gain to drive HD650. It'd last longer for portable earphones playing mp3 or lossless. :D

Regards,
    Keetakawee

11. chungjun

Hmm... how will this work? For 'Advance / Purist' Firmware by you (i.e. not available publicly), I assume costs will be applicable? What is the price? For the same price, user get subsequent upgrades / mods as and when there are new versions as well?

12. WindowsX

PM sent. :)

Right now I have 3 main variations for advanced ROM mods:

dx200.jpg   dx200_1.jpg   dx200_2.jpg

Compatibility - Similar to public Purist ROM with more tweaks for better performance and sound quality. It also will probably solve ghost swiping issues on some devices too. This disappeared on my device with recent ROMs optimizations. I aIso modded MangoPlayer app and optimize Apollo app for better sound quality too.

Battery - This is add battery saving optimizations on top of compatibility ROM. It will last longer without significant sound quality drop like most battery saving tweaks in Android cooked ROM. It should increase battery life for about 1-2hrs

Purist - This is true purist ROM unlike public release. It will remove audio effect engine completely. Poweramp app won't work and Equalizer/Gapless won't work too. Only for those who seek best sound quality without compromise

If you purchase for advanced ROM, you can have access to these three ROMs You can request me to cook the ROM to suit your needs better too. :)

Regards,
    Keetakawee

13. artpiggo

Superb idea!

14. MKnopfler
    My use the DX200 is in my car. I use it plugged into a power source, so power saving is not a concern for me. The only output that I use is the optical on top, via mini toslink cable into my Helix DSP Pro. I'd be interested in a purist version for my setup. The only audio I play is flac files from microSD card and the internal memory. Not worried about streaming anything, no google anything please. Just the best audio quality I can get.

15. WindowsX

Software optimizations will benefit all outputs so that'd be for the best. You don't even need to upgrade amp module for better SQ to car audio setup. After purchase, you can try 3 main ROMs and you can ask for customization later too. :)

Regards,
    Keetakawee

MKnopfler likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.