1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by windowsx, Jan 31, 2017.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. Bastianpp
    AMP2 is a quad channel arquitecture (with current feedback buffer amp card ), what's difference with the original AMP1 ?, is a upgrade over AMP1?
    Any player with 30 BAND-EQ or 20 band-eq for dx200 ?

Thanks for all

2. WindowsX
    You're welcome. I hope you'll enjoy modding AMP2 module.

I believe AMP2 will have dedicated design with all single channel opamp similar to DX90 (after I/V stage) but uses current feedback instead of unity gain stable voltage feedback buffer.

Since module size is quite small so it probably won't fit for balanced output using 10-12 opamps so it's understandable why there's only SE output. I don't mind using dual opamps for portable though. It makes better use of 3.7V battery that way too.

By the way, I fixed bugs in new DX200 with changes from X5iii ROM. Advanced ROM users can ask me for updates now. I also started modding DX200 hardware with new clock module and upgrade internal parts too.

[​IMG]

Regards,
    Keetakawee

3. bluesnote

Hi Keetakawee,

What do you mean by "with changes from X5iii ROM"?

Thanks

4. WindowsX
    I added some new changes in file optimizations in X5iii Advanced Purist ROM but the same optimizations didn't work on DX200. (Maybe being Android 6.0 x64 and newer Play Store). Now they're all resolved without losing these new changes. :)

Regards,
    Keetakawee

5. bluesnote

Thanks excited for the updated version on Advanced Purist ROM.

6. WindowsX
    Sent. :)

7. andi_182
    can i get it too

8. vica1
    Me too, please.

9. tkteo
    me too. sending PM

10. WindowsX
    YGPM. :)

I already sent you. :)

I already sent you too. :)

11. WindowsX
    I've finished DX200 ultimate mod project today. It will have more changes but now I have great sound from this.

[​IMG]

Those orange caps are very expensive and guess what. I used over 30 caps on this project, highest since modding DAP. I tuned the sound with a lot of combination. I believe I invested few hundreds of bucks for technician's soldering job alone. There's a lot of challenges and mistakes during this research and development. But I'm glad it's possible to make a finished product with desirable result.

I also tried to replace opamp with current feedback ones but it didn't work lol. Maybe I'll try again on AMP2 module since I started modding DAP seriously from DX90 using current feedback opamp design found in Emm Labs but I also find an alternative opamps that can produce similar harmonics using voltage feedback design too. I hope to finish DX200 ultimate with closest resemblance to Emm Labs DAC which is my most favorite ones and I can see it's possible to do that now.

Maybe modding whole DX200 will sound too crazy and expensive so I'm thinking about buying AMP module to mod so customer can replace amp module with mine and it won't void warranty. I think it's smarter for customer to use shipping cost to send me on actual amp module instead.

Regards,
    Keetakawee

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  12. wirefriend
    The image link seems broken.

13. WindowsX
    Thank you. Fixed. :)

Regards,
    Keetakawee

14. pkersamsam
    I have some questions on the Rom and would love to try the advanced rom as well, Please check PM!

15. KK-android
    Hi.

Did you remove 1 of nichikon FW ?
    so, it's seems to there is same 470μF but only 1.

let me know why ?

First

Back
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
20 21 22 23
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.