iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 3, 2019 at 9:39 PM Post #1,231 of 6,983
Oke, about noise on DX160, i just try to find out what is really the problem. Some said that it's because screen on. Not on my device. So i try turn on airplane on, playing song from downloaded spotify, i did't hear those annoying noise, it's dead silent. Then i try turn on wifi, there is a strange noise when wifi to connect (like tiittt) and when it's connected to, i can hear those annoying noise again. So look like wifi is causing those noise. But i will try a few more days, is it really wifi cause noise (RF interference).

For other whose not hear any noise when playing streaming music app, just want you to know, i think it's only affected iem with high sensitivity. I have 5 IEM, only 2 of them i can hear those annoying noise. On Shozy BG and CIEM Avara AV3, i can hear those noise. But in Fiio F9 pro, Kinera Idun Deluxe and Phonak PFE112 i cannot hear any noise. So if you cannot hear those noise, its very lucky of you hahahaha.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #1,233 of 6,983
I haven't encountered any scratching sound when i listen with the wifi on. It's actually dead quiet for me, i think that's maybe his unit's problem, he may try to change it for a new one.
So after some further testing, the wifi scratching sound is definitely going to be related to which IEMs you are using. It is very noticeable on the TRN V90. You can just barely hear it on the BLON 03 if you are really searching for it. I am not hearing it on my full size over-ear headphones.

Oke, about noise on DX160, i just try to find out what is really the problem. Some said that it's because screen on. Not on my device. So i try turn on airplane on, playing song from downloaded spotify, i did't hear those annoying noise, it's dead silent. Then i try turn on wifi, there is a strange noise when wifi to connect (like tiittt) and when it's connected to, i can hear those annoying noise again. So look like wifi is causing those noise. But i will try a few more days, is it really wifi cause noise (RF interference).

For other whose not hear any noise when playing streaming music app, just want you to know, i think it's only affected iem with high sensitivity. I have 5 IEM, only 2 of them i can hear those annoying noise. On Shozy BG and CIEM Avara AV3, i can hear those noise. But in Fiio F9 pro, Kinera Idun Deluxe and Phonak PFE112 i cannot hear any noise. So if you cannot hear those noise, its very lucky of you hahahaha.
As mentioned above, I think the problem is certain IEMs are just going to be more susceptible to this noise. As I previously stated I don't stream so ultimately this is a non-issue for me but still find it annoying. But boy I do love the sound quality of this device!

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #1,234 of 6,983
DX160 wifi tests, SE

I tried it on several wifi units.
modem router and upstairs router.

several entry points.

Tried:
5GHz - Noise issue no problem
2.4GHz - Noise issue no problem

I used the Shozy BG as reported above a few posts.

and Campfire Audio Andromeda MW10.

I tried the volume at usual and louder than usual levels.

also tried it with the music playing sound down. Music off and sound on full.

Either its your earphones ir your unit. The fact thay some hiss and some dont is revealing. But it could still be your unit.
Also try wifi someplace else too. Triple check.

I remember years back with a few early devices - someone would be like:
“this device sucks!”.
“What earphones are you using?”
“Shure”.

back then that used to be the case.

if you really think it is your unit - after exhaustively testing it out. Send it back in for an exchange, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #1,235 of 6,983
I tried it on several units.

several entry points.

Tried:

Either its your earphones ir your unit. The fact thay some hiss and some dont is revealing. But it could still be your unit.

“this device sucks!”.
“Shure”.

if you really think it is your unit - after exhaustively testing it out. Send it back in for an exchange, etc.
Great advice and i wish more people would test it with a wifi other than the one they are experiencing the issue with just to rule out the culprit and come to a considered conclusion.

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #1,236 of 6,983
I tried it on several units.

several entry points.

Tried:

“this device sucks!”.
“Shure”.

That means my unit is the problem. I use on other dap or on android phone, i don't have this problem. I try with 2.4ghz or 5ghz,both have this noise. I use 2 different wifi router, and on 2.5ghz or 5ghz, noise is there. And some people as you can read above, have same problem. Maybe be who has this problem is the same batch production.

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #1,237 of 6,983
Great advice and i wish more people would test it with a wifi other than the one they are experiencing the issue with just to rule out the culprit and come to a considered conclusion.
yep. Gotta try all the possible options.
Sometimes its an easy fix, sometimes not and sometimes remains a mystery...

Also its good to have a helpful community to do near identical tests fo help isolate whatever problems a member has.

its a great community here by and large.

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #1,238 of 6,983
That means my unit is the problem. I use on other dap or on android phone, i don't have this problem. I try with 2.4ghz or 5ghz,both have this noise. I use 2 different wifi router, and on 2.5ghz or 5ghz, noise is there. And some people as you can read above, have same problem. Maybe be who has this problem is the same batch production.
if you have come that conclusion (and it seems you have done various tests) then the less stressful thing will be to momentarily part with your unit so you can have it replaced.

QC hopefully catches the problem units in any industry but a few slip through or something happens on their bumpy road from factory to customer.

Get unit exchanged, restart your audio journey, enjoy.

Nov 4, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #1,239 of 6,983
if you have come that conclusion (and it seems you have done various tests) then the less stressful thing will be to momentarily part with your unit so you can have it replaced.

QC hopefully catches the problem units in any industry but a few slip through or something happens on their bumpy road from factory to customer.

Get unit exchanged, restart your audio journey, enjoy.

I want to try another dx160 unit first. it is have sae problem or not. For now, turn off is solving problem (temporary), for spotify, just downloaded the song to dx160. If it really need streaming, i can use other iem that not have affected by this problem.
May i know, do you use stock cable for Shozy BG ? If not, what cable you use, and is it balance or SE cable.

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #1,240 of 6,983
I want to try another dx160 unit first. it is have sae problem or not. For now, turn off is solving problem (temporary), for spotify, just downloaded the song to dx160. If it really need streaming, i can use other iem that not have affected by this problem.
May i know, do you use stock cable for Shozy BG ? If not, what cable you use, and is it balance or SE cable.
Stock SE cable

Nov 4, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,241 of 6,983
I think the wi fi noise may be some faulty units in the first batch, I tried 2.4 and 5ghz and no noise. And people are hearing it on less sensitive and higher impedance iems than I have- so the noise must be quite prevalent.

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #1,242 of 6,983
I'd also like to point out my hardware buttons don't function properly with anything but mango. They either don't work or hitting play/pause starts mango. Fast forward and back work on Amazon HD.

Neutron and hiby pretty much don't work. Is there any settings I can change to fix this? Anyone else have this problem? Is ibasso aware of this?

Holding off on lurkers software to see if next ibasso update improves bluetooth.

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,243 of 6,983
The DX160 is my first DAP and at the risk of embarrassing myself I have a question. I have paired two sets of BT headphones with the DX160, but I get no sound out of them. Am I missing something in settings? Both pair work fine with my iPhone.

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #1,244 of 6,983
DX160 wifi tests, SE

I tried it on several wifi units.

several entry points.

Tried:

“this device sucks!”.
“Shure”.

Before you make such comment,
Try 4.4 balanced output first.
4.4 balanced output has much worse noise with 5Ghz.

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #1,245 of 6,983
I'd also like to point out my hardware buttons don't function properly with anything but mango. They either don't work or hitting play/pause starts mango. Fast forward and back work on Amazon HD.

Neutron and hiby pretty much don't work. Is there any settings I can change to fix this? Anyone else have this problem? Is ibasso aware of this?

Holding off on lurkers software to see if next ibasso update improves bluetooth.

Yeah, mine too. Guest its only software. Maybe it's not ibasso fault, it's music application not supported.

Before you make such comment,
Try 4.4 balanced output first.
4.4 balanced output has much worse noise with 5Ghz.

Did you have problem with SE and wifi too?
It's really too bad, no one from official ibasso clarify about this. I try email them, only to get answer, they do not have this problem. No investigation or so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back