iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #1,066 of 6,983
Guys, please stop making excuses for DAP's having poor bluetooth performance. Bluetooth can sound excellent these days and there is no excuse for any new DAP to have less than a really good performance.

It is a deal breaker for me as I was just about to order one today.

I use bluetooth a lot and even my cheapo Hiby R3 has very good performance.....................

Anyway, thanks to the guys who have paid money for their DAP to highlight this issue!

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #1,068 of 6,983
Is anyone using Shozy BG with this DAP. Using this IEM on DX160 SE port when using streaming app like spotify, there is noise (floor noise, sometime buzzer noise), sometime its very noticeable and annoying, sometime its noise sound smaller. When using mango player there is no noise (or there is but a very low, very hard to notice). I try with CIEM Avara AV3, got some problem. But when using Phonak PFE 112 or Kinera Idun Deluxe, those noise unnoticeable. I Think both BG and AV3 is high sensitive IEM. I have almost same problem when using Android Phone LG V20 QUADDAC modded force high impedance. Is there is a way to lower gain more than default low gain setting.

Also i find a ghost touch on screen. once when i charge it, when unlock screen, touch goes crazy. but after turn off and turn on screen, its normal again. Once not when charging, happen on screen lock also.

I have a similar experience with my CA Solaris paired with the DX160. At first it was, like you said, more noisy when streaming videos or Spotify. But after spending more time with them, I'm not sure if the noise is present only when streaming (due to problem with RF interference). I think it may be like that video review said -- the hissing gets more noticeable when you're using the display a lot. I get hissing even with the wifi off using the Hiby/Mango player if I'm using the display but there's very little to no hissing with the display off. On the reverse, there were times when I got minimal to barely any noise when streaming on Spotify and that was when the display was off.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #1,069 of 6,983
Hi Abitdeef, have you managed to test out the latest firmware? Is it more stable than the previous?

Where did you get the latest firmware as I cant find the link to it even in Ibasso wesite. Thanks
OTA update!

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #1,070 of 6,983
If you guys haven't noticed, the DX150/160/200/220 all use some kind of funky touch detection technology that's somehow visible when the screen is off.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #1,071 of 6,983
Do uapp and neutron work on it too? does it support dlna/ upnp?

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #1,072 of 6,983
Hi Abitdeef, have you managed to test out the latest firmware? Is it more stable than the previous?

Where did you get the latest firmware as I cant find the link to it even in Ibasso wesite. Thanks

Hi, yep I got it via the online upgrade- I had to let it search a couple of times. And yes the bluetooth seems better, and the battery level isn't dropping as fast. Good stuff, now if they can fix the amazon HD thing and add some customization options to mango, that would be excellent:)

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #1,073 of 6,983
If you guys haven't noticed, the DX150/160/200/220 all use some kind of funky touch detection technology that's somehow visible when the screen is off.
What do you mean? please kindly elaborate

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #1,075 of 6,983
Hi, yep I got it via the online upgrade- I had to let it search a couple of times. And yes the bluetooth seems better, and the battery level isn't dropping as fast. Good stuff, now if they can fix the amazon HD thing and add some customization options to mango, that would be excellent:)
Thanks heaps Abitdeef. Thats really good to know. If you dont mind can you please share the link as Im kept getting a bunch of websites in Chinese words :frowning2: Thanks heaps in advance

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #1,076 of 6,983
Thanks heaps Abitdeef. Thats really good to know. If you dont mind can you please share the link as Im kept getting a bunch of websites in Chinese words :frowning2: Thanks heaps in advance
Online upgrade from the device.. you dont have to find any link. The device will update if you go into settings -->> about and fw update i think.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #1,077 of 6,983

No link, I downloaded it right off the player- OTA. In settings under system, then updater. You then hit check online.

20191101_005950.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back