1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next

Last
  1. cleg
    1-.jpg

The photo that I had to take! Beautiful combination both in design and sound

2. VanLifeHiFi
    Looking dapper

3. herdom
    Sorry, it may be a stupid question, but do you think this Dx160 can be above Dx200 with Amp1, in sound quality? I am seriously convinced that Cirrus Logic would like me more than Sabre Dac. How do you do with rock music? Sounds good dynamics and punch?

4. Whitigir
    Dynamic and punches are great, about on par with dx200 and amp1, rock , modern pop, electric, and HipHop would do wonderful on dx160, and if you prefer Cirrus over Sabres, then there won’t be any competitions at this performances:price ratio worthy enough to compare the dx160 to. Classical and organic instrument genres would be another matter.

you can check out my review for more info

buonassi and cleg like this.
  5. seanwee
    What do you mean by that? Is there another player you'd recommend over the DX160 for those genres?

6. Whitigir
    Under those genres, the Dx220 would do better. Ultimately, you may want to wait for DX220Max, and or DMP-Z1

The Dx160 isn’t bad with those genres. It still sound and perform beyond it $399 price here. However, there are other DAP that can do better for those genres as said above.

actually, I will add in that when you use the Line Out on the Dx160, the classical and instrumentals sound wonderful (with excellent external amplifiers)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    icefalkon and seanwee like this.
  7. mwhals
    Sounds like the DX220 is more for me. I am just concerned with its battery life. If it is only 5.5 hours new, then when the battery degrades over time, it will be 3-4 hours. Other daps getting 8 hours would be around 5.5 to 6.5 hours later in life.

buonassi and icefalkon like this.
  8. Gédéon Molle
    Very nice picture!

cleg likes this.
  9. Whitigir
    battery on dx220 and dx200 is actually pretty easy to swap out. It is a removable package that is plug and play.

if you have concern about battery life, I don’t think anything would beat Sony products. Sony products are like Zombies. My ZX2 is still healthy and hold charge fine

10. mwhals
    I like that about the DX220 as the amp and battery can be replaced if they went bad. If a dap gets 8 hours, I am happy.

11. herdom

Really a great review, congratulations !!!

Wow, I am increasingly convinced to sell my Dx200 and buy this Dx160. You has already told me that it sound fast, dynamic and musical, ... I think that is all I needed to know, I was afraid that Dx160 would be slow and veiled ...

That the Dx160 "compares" to a whole DX228 says a lot in its favor

Whitigir likes this.
  12. newtophones07
    Why not keep the DX200, and jump on the amp8EX amp mod. Seems a better upgrade path. Unless you want to try the Cirrus chips.

13. herdom
    Thanks for your help!!! Maybe an alternative, but on the other hand it's the duration of the battery... with the news Amps seems to be reduced drastically :triportsad:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    buonassi likes this.
  14. twiceboss
    when u talk about soundstage, is it the width or depth? I find width on n6ii single ended 3.5 is larger than its 4.4. Im curious on how's the performance on dx160. All i need is width and separation.

15. twiceboss
    hey twister6, what's ur take on soundstage width wise. N6ii 3.5 vs DX160 any output. I bring N6ii 3.5 because 3.5 on n6ii is significantly better in width and i do prefer that than its 4.4. I prefer wider than deeper. Help. Thank you!

First

Back
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Next

Last