1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. Check for latest Online Update.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Aug 3, 2019.
First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last
  1. Merkurio
    Regardless of the sound, I wouldn't buy a DAP with such low resolution and laggy interface at this price point:

2. Kal El
    I’ve already seen that review. I’m waiting for my DX160 that is in late. I’ve already preordered it, but I was thinking about DAPs that could challenge with it. In these days of waiting (and this waiting is killing me:grin:) a doubt about color has grown up... blue or black? I chose the blue one but I could still change my choice.

3. Merkurio
    Then you should look at the Hiby R5 and R3 Pro, Shanling M6, FiiO M11, Opus#1S, A&norma SR15...

About the color, I like the silver a bit more, but also the black one. Not a big fan of bright colors in DAPs.

Kal El likes this.
  4. twister6 Contributor
    Sorry, I don't have Tidal subscription. Just happens to be in a middle of SP2000 review and A&K unit came straight from one of the audio shows where it was loaded with a ton of test tracks. Noticed they had a separate MQA Flac folder so I put it to use :wink:

Tidal by itself can't fully unfold mqa, it only does partial limited sw decoding. When a particular device is hw-certified, it will do full unfolding/decoding to original sampling rate and bit depth. And that's what I verified, playing these files on sp2k and dx160 where they match full bit depth and sampling rate. Tried the same on N6ii, and sampling rate was reduced.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    TheNameIsGerald likes this.
  5. mrs1986
    Thanks @twister6 I'm not fully into what is involved into MQA and what are the folds and unfolds, so I guess I will have to have a read.

Btw, how would be the pairing with the Fiio FH7? Or it would be better with the it04??

6. Luke Thomas
    Thx,, I was set to buy the m11, but it looks like the 160 might sound a tad better in the warmth category
    Also does anyone know if Tidal runs smoothly on the dx160.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    mwhals likes this.
  7. HansBarbarossa
  8. mickerru
    Some say that dx160 have a very wide soundstage and others say its just normal. Im confused. Is it due to the pairing? Still waiting for mine which would arrive by the end of this month

9. Luis1316
    Compared to my NX4 DSD, it does sound wider and smoother over all.

buonassi likes this.
  10. HansBarbarossa
    I think it depends more on the IEM/Headphones and from human perception.
    But considering what I was listening to, a medium-sized virtual space, I heard wider))) but it is lining up in depth / width. This is normal, realy not bad, but less than DX220/200.

11. Kal El
    Hey @PinkyPowers, please could you please post more pictures of this blue dx160? Many thanks!

12. TheNameIsGerald
    HansBarbarossa likes this.
  13. HansBarbarossa
    Exactly :)

PinkyPowers likes this.
  14. PinkyPowers
    Sure, but it will have to be later tonight when I get home from work.

superuser1 and Kal El like this.
  15. Kal El
    Thank you! Blue or black is my only doubt ...

First

Back
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52
Next

Last